Samsung Electronicssamsung galaxy s8

L Jun 18, 2019

The forced update on my S8 this past week rendered my phone incapable of hands free texting through my car's Bluetooth connection. Prior to the update the phone had functioned well (although Bixby was at times inconsistent in connecting). My cell provider Verizon spent an afternoon trying to help me in the car and online. They were unable to provide an answer other than there was nothing they could do as it appears to be a Bixby issue. I went online to Samsung Customer service today and was advised to clear my "cache", which I did. This did not solve anything. I am at my wits end. The phone is useless to me without hands free texting as it is illegal to text when driving otherwise. In addition, the hands free phone interface connection is awkward and leaves me unsure if a call is truly going through.

What have you done to my phone! Bixby isn't functioning. If this isn't remedied quickly I will be forced to abandon Samsung as the hands free calling and texting was a prime decision in purchasing this phone.