Saia Motor Freight — Terrible experience
We are a furniture retailer in Seattle, WA. Our manufacturer from CA shipped items to us and Saia showed up unannounced. They would not release the shipment without a check. Now our inventory is slated for redelivery and we are forced to pay almost double of the original shipping cost (from CA), due to the redelivery charges associated. We are told that if we dispute the redelivery charge, our shipment will continue to be on hold indefinitely. Their manager, the only person who is authorized to waive this fee refuses to talk to us on the phone.
It is unreasonable to expect that our staff in our store would know exact dollar amount, and have a check ready without any prior indication. It is also unreasonable to expect that in a company, the person that is authorized to write checks, would also be the same person receiving inventory.
This is not about the redelivery fee but about principal. The fact that they refuse to admit fault, and their willingness to contribute to further delay of our shipment, speaks for itself. We ship and receive very frequently, rest assured I will never give another dime to this company again.
More Saia Motor Freight Complaints & Reviews
- Saia Motor Freight - Trashed material then lied about it
- Saia Motor Freight - Horrible Service Unprofessional
- Saia Motor Freight - $2300 in DAMAGES
- Saia - Horrible and Incompetent
- Saia - Bad management
- Saia - business practices
- Saia - Delivery / service / attitude
- SAIA LTL Motor Freight - Delivery services
- SAIA Trucking - Unilateral Reclassification to Charge More
- Saia - freight delivery