Ryan HomesMelted siding caused from window reflection - window and siding replacement necessary

R Nov 02, 2019

The siding on my house is literally melting due to the reflection from the type of window installed in my neighbors house. The high energy efficient windows reflects sunlight onto the siding causing it to melt. This is a know issue with these types of windows, which the company's service manager identified for us. I have been in contact with this company since April about replacing my neighbors window and replacing about 15 pieces of siding. The warranty service manager wants me to call the window company and take care of the details for the replacement on my neighbors window. Also, they dropped siding off at my house, so that I can do the siding replacement. BTW, the siding they gave me is damaged. This is totally unacceptable. I have a new home with melted siding. All I ask is for this company to replace the window and replace the siding.