Rush Cardbad service

B Review updated:

This is a summary of what happened to me as a result of using a

prepaid Visa card from a company call RushCard. On Friday, January 2, 2009

I went to withrdraw $400.00 from the card to get a money order to pay my

rent. The transaction failed. The receipt stated that the terminal timed

out. The clerk suggested that I wait awhile and try again. I tried again

and the transaction went through. I then tried to do a third transaction

when I was told I did not have enough money in my account. I went home

looked up my account online and found out that I had been charged for the

first transaction that I never received money for.

I called RushCard who advised me that the charge would drop off after 48

hours. I waited 48 business hours and called again on Tuesday, January 6,

2009. They then told me that the dispute could take up to 90 days. I put

up a huge fuss about waiting 90 days to get my money so they told me to fax

over a Dispute Resolution Form they emailed me .

I then faxed over the dispute resolution form on Wednesday, January, 7, 2009 with

the receipt and copy of my ID. They then told me another 48 hours after I

put pressure on them because I am not willing to wait 90 days for my money.

I called today, Friday, January 9, 2009, after another 48 hours and I have

to wait again. After I expressed much disapproval they told me that the

earliest they could have "an answer", not my money, but an answer for me

was February, 28, 2009. I continued to press the issue and then I was told

they would have "an answer" in about 3-5 business days.

I asked for the physical mailing address, they told me they could not give

it to me. I asked for the local phone number, they stated they could not

give it to me. I asked for corporate contact information and they stated

they cannot give it to me. The only thing she told me was that she was in

Chicago, Illinois, when on Tuesday I was given a P.O. Box in Cincinnati,

Ohio. I asked for the name of her supervisor, and she being a supervisor

would not give me the name or her superior. I stated, " do you mean to

tell me that you cannot give me the name of your supervisor?", she agreed.

I then threated to call ABC, CBS, NBC, and every three letter agency I

could think of and she finally gave me the name of "a" supervisor.

On Friday, January 16, 2009, aftr 5 business days I called back for them to

tell me that they have no credit for me and I may have to wait before or

after February 28, 2009.

I am so upset. I cannot get my money. They are treating me as if they have

a right to my money, this is a debit card, not a credit card. Their terminal

timed out and now I am suffering.

I was withdrawing the money from a check-cashing place from a live person not an ATM machine like they keep claiming. The money was going to be used to pay my rent. I now have over $100 in late fees and money that was supposed to go towards my other bills have gone towards my rent.

I don't think they plan to ever give me my $400.00 back. I have the receipt that says their terminal timed out.

• Cb
    cb2damax Mar 04, 2009

Something similar happened to me about 3 days ago. My beef is with Rushcard and the bank whose ATM I used. I went to an A+ Federal Credit Union ATM to make a 300 dollar withdrawal. The ATM processed the transaction but did not dispense out the money. I was told by reps from the bank that owned the ATM I would have to put in a dispute with Rushcard and file a claim. I called and spoke to a rep from Rushcard who was supposed to email me the dispute form that same day and here I am still without the form. I was told it could take anywhere from 30-90 days to get this resolved and they make it seem like I am disputing a small claim of 20 dollars. I am In dire need of these 300 dollars these two companies have taken from me which neither will admit to being their fault. In these days and times with this technology we have why can't they just do an electronic audit of that ATM machine and see that is will be 300 dollars over. I don't see the use of those receipts the machines give out if those reference/transaction numbers can't be used for anything.

• Ta
    tax prep Sep 04, 2019

@cb2damax https://www.consumerfraudlegalservices.com/rushcard

• Mo
    monie36 Mar 11, 2009

I agree I was just on the phone with Rush Card customer service, I had a complaint where I had just deposited money on my card and was trying to pay a bill yet my card kept getting declined but they still took the $1.00 fee 3 times, I had to call twice before I got someone who could help me. I wish I never ordered this card that $19.95 should be given back to everyone who has a Rush Card.

• Ki
    Kiana C. May 08, 2009

DON'T DO Rushcard !! :(

I only had this service for 2 months and have had more problems than not. I couldnt get gas from the gas station, or even use my card to by lunch @ work. Then when I asked for a new card to be reissued (due to it being sucked into the ATM) it took from 4/23/09 - 5/8/09, AND I STILL HAVENT REC'VD IT YET !!! Ahhhhh. There customer service is horrible, the service itself is horrible, and once I finally recieve the new card I requested 2 1/2 weeks ago I'm withdrawing all my funds and CANCELLING. Never again will I do or reccomend Rushcard. Russel Simmons should be ashamed to have his name attached this Disaster.

• 1a
    1aplbeauty May 14, 2009

I see where your coming from i have had rush card for about 3 years and i have run into the atm problem but than i realized i trying to use one of those crappy atm machines the stand alone ones in random stores...the next place i went to i was able to get my money...as far as the customer service there is a lot of work that needs to be done there...because i had lost my card once and had to wait over a week to get a new one so they told me they would send me a check in the mail so i could pay my bills because for whatever reason the check would get to me faster well when i tell u the check litteraly never showed up i was pissed, broke and hot...so i called them up and for about two hours [censor]ed and moned told them that i was not going to wait any longer for my money...after a lot of verbal cussing out minus the cuss words because i am a classy lady ... the matter was resolved when i recieved my check via fed ex the next day...all and all though if u dont have a bank account this is the best way to go and if u keep money in your account you get rebates ever so often...the websites offers a lot of options as tracking your money and creating budgets...so u take the good with the bad

• Ve
    very upset Jun 02, 2009

well I have a rush card and signed up for the billpay my first 4 billpays went through fine within days of me posting them. the next time I went to do a billpay for one of the same companies that I previously use it never posted. I called customer service to be told that it was cleared already but yet the company hasnt hasnt recieved the funds, its been over 14 days had I still dont have my bill paid and rushcard is telling me that they have to do an ivestigation to see if its their fault. Hell yes its their fault Ive paid this merchant before and now its a problem and no one want to give me information to their corporate office. On top of that the agent dont even speak good english. Once this gets resolved if it ever will im tearing this card up, it not worth the headache!!!

• Su
    sunshine39 Jun 12, 2009

This is what you do. Contact the head office in ohio. The fax number is [protected]. Had I contacted them a few weeks back my money would have been credited to my account long before now. You will not get any results dealing with customer service reps at [protected]. Most of the people that you speak with is from another country and it's irriatating because they barely understand what you're asking them. Also know your rights!! If you have been a victim of your card being compromised or a dispute under the visa policy unirush have to provide you provisional credit to your account until the investagation is complete no questions asked!! Do not let them tell you that it takes up to 90 days!! Trust me I received my money in less then 24 hours after I sent my complaints and threaten to sue!!!

• Ph
    Phenominalbf Jul 23, 2009

Well I have Rush card also and I had an issue were I was debited four times for for two transactions. Then when I called rushcard, they told me that they were sorry and that there was a problem with the computer. They then told me that I would recieve my money within 48 hours I told them no because this was their fault. I also told them that I was going to conatct Russell Simmons and let him know that his name was going down the drain with rushcard. they then sent my money back to my account and I recieved confirmation emails aplogizing for the inconvience. There a mess!!!

• M2
    m2hot2handle Sep 02, 2009

Might as well read the terms & conditions first before using the card esp for the FEES [NOT HIDDEN FEES] coz if you called it HIDDEN FEES it should not be indicated in the welcome pocket you guys are receiving. First, don't go on things as if you know everything coz' precisely you guys don't know what you went up to. What's the use of the website rushcard.com, right?? You don't even have an excuse coz we habe welcome pockets... For ATM withdrawal not dispensed by an ATM, it's not RushCard's fault either. So RushCard needs to confirm everything first w/ the party concern & that these are being fixed not just RushCard but w/ the merchant/bank as well. You guys always put the blame on RushCard especially w/ the representatives. Why not try calling the bank where you tried to withdraw your funds off your account? If you're really that smart enough to think that RUSHCARD IS JUST THE RECEIVING END not the one who got your money!!! And by the way, for all your transactions esp those transactions on line, FYI YOU GAVE YOUR ACCOUNT INFO TO THOSE STUPID ###S WHO TOOK YOUR MONEY that means YOU GAVE THEM AUTHORIZATION TO GET THE FUNDS & EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION YOU HAVE W/ THEM, THEY ALSO HAVE TRACKS ON IT. Why not try to ask them instead about your transaction... since again... RUSHCARD IS JUST THE RECEIVING END & RUSHCARD'S AGENT DID NOT PROVIDED THOSE INFO W/ THE MERCHANT... YOU DID!!!

• Ms
    Ms.YoYo Sep 29, 2009

I don't have any problem with rushcard yet. I had my school check deposited on my rush card with text alert. I don't not had any compliants. I have taken like 1200 dollars off a one time and had no problems getting my money from th ATM. So people have had a problem I read and paid attention but until I have a peoblem rushcard is good with me. What I do is debit everything no credit .I don't know if that makes a diffrence only time something is use as credit is when I order something off the internet. When I'm out shopping like BestBuy I debit ;.no problem it goes thur and I not spending little money .Only thing is when you have 21.00 and the ATM won't give you your 20 dollars because; the fee is 2.00 .WOW!!! thats my only beef besides that I'm good.

• Fr
    freespirit34 Dec 20, 2009

I love rush card!!! I have no problems with anything I use them for.

I pay bills online
    I do online shopping as well as in store shopping
    If I want to add any money I do a direct deposit at walmart and when I go home I check my acct balance and it is immediately added (I live 7 mins drive time from walmart and 18 mins from target which is also where I do alot of my shopping)

the only thing I had a issue with is I had to have money transferred over to my friends rush card so she can pay her bills so it took about 24 hours to process but she also lives in australia and I live in california.

I have already got my credit bureau information because I have them linked with credit bureaus to basically help me with credit figuratively speaking and I get money paper statements each months FOR FREE!

as for atm withdraws after I called them I talked to a foreign woman named Farol who told me not to withdraw a large amount out of the atm at one time and to keep all copy of receipts/bank transactions and if anything goes wrong simply mail a copy or fax a copy to them.

I love them and I recommended them to all my friends and my sisters avon reps and 5 of my co workers and everytime they applied for rushcard and received there card and activated it I received $5 for every referred friend so in total around thanksgiving holiday I received about $195 onto my acct from all the people I referred which I was so happy!!!

im sorry if some of you guys have had problems and to the ones that don't have problems with it you will know the joys I have with rush card.

some people are not reading the fine print it says right on it The Prepaid Visa® RushCard is issued by The Bancorp Bank CALL THEM WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH RUSH CARD!!! I seen people saying "oh I dont have a bank acct with them blah blah" NO thats a load of fanny everytime I have something that takes more then 24 hours I simply call them if you have a rushcard you have a acct with them it is that simple.

on a side note thank you rushcard for being in my life, familys life, and friends life since
    2005 you have never let me down!!!

• Te
    techbassist Jan 01, 2010

this is how to contact the corporate office and where they are located via the BBB

Business Contact & Profile

[protected]
    BBB Accreditation: This business is not a BBB Accredited Business

• Mr
    mrs.dubose Jun 21, 2010

I finally got through to someone who was very help with my mishaps with Rushcard. The number is [protected]. After waiting over 90 days for money to be returned back to my card due to fraudulent charges this rep was able to resolve my issues and she treated you like a human. Now I can cancel my card...

• Sp
    Sprosper Jul 31, 2010

Hi,

I have a complaint to file with you Mr. Simmons...Recently i deposited some money into my rush account only to be told that i could withdraw the funds. After contacting customer service, i was told that my account was blocked due to customer review. i understand that this a debt services company and not a credit company. I should not have to beg for my own money. Apparently, my account was blocked for 15 days and i was never given a notification or alert to my account being blocked. Ive been told that the fraud dept is reviewing my account and i never got a valid reason as to why. A manager informed me that they do customer reviews and hold your account until that is complete, LOL. but what does that have to do with my money? Why do i need to verify address when i was never even asked to do so initially? i just don't get it. Are you using our money for investment purposes? Im all for you helping us out but i don't think that holding our money for your personal reasons makes any sense. and it sure isn't help. I have been on the phone with RushCard services for over 5 hours for 2 days, only to be told that i have to wait to get my money.
    There is a flaw in your business. Every account holder should be notified when there is a red flag on their account asap via email and/or text and correspondence. it is infuriating to even think that i have money but cant use it or spend it. Is that fair? I have no choice but to go to the media with this issue after realizing that i am not the only one with this issues. I think that UniRush financial Services should be investigated as to what they are truly doing with peoples hard earned money.
    I spoke my peace.

Thank you.

marcus215 Dec 15, 2010

I [censor]ing hate rush card...this is the worst bank debt card ever...i will NEVER reccomend someone to this bul [censor] NEVER i order my replacement card on 12/2/10 and still havent recieve it yet, cant wait to get my funds off this bull [censor] NEVER again cant even use it for gas...no good comes out this [censor]ing bull [censor]

• Th
    That dude Jan 22, 2011

Worst customer service ever them mother-[censor]er can't even speak English. Why would u hire bunch of Indians  that can't speak the language they should be in the corner store where they belong selling slurpee

jackmanns Jun 03, 2011

I am about to post a complaint of my own. Here is some vital info for you guys.

Our member services agents are available to help you with any questions you may have about the Prepaid Visa® RushCard - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Email: [protected]@rushcard.com

PO Box 42482
    Cincinnati, OH 45242

• Db
    D. Bates Oct 12, 2011

I have been fighting to get a friends funds released to me for 2 weeks now. I have full power of attorney over him and have faxed everything that they would need to them. Every day it is something new. They dont understand or just dont care that the power of attorney is a legal document. And after reading all the complaints about this Rushcard I have noticed that they steal peoples money. I have asked to speak to the corporate office or get a phone number but no one seems to have a number for them. WARNING TO EVERYONE BEFORE YOU GET A RUSHCARD...YOU WILL HAVE YOUR MONEY STOLEN FROM YOU BY THEM. AND THEY DONT KNOW WHAT A LEGAL DOCUMENT IS SO JUST BE CAREFUL... I am going to turn this over to an atorney to handle because they are not a top notch company.

• Ru
    RushCardPrepaid Oct 18, 2011

im so sorry about that D. Bates, but i guess you don't know what steal means. how come you come up with such story about ur money being stolen by RC? i bet that money ur talking about from your friend is a Direct Deposit. isn't it? DON'T YOU KNOW THAT RC DOES NOT ACCEPT 3RD PARTY DEPOSITS? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE YOU USED YOUR CARD? hhhmmmmmm i bet ur one of those who have stupid heads. might as well read schedule of fees & terms & conditions using RC's website, call the customer service or even get ur welcome pocket find the paper on it & read it. that's something you should come out with urself. again, i found someone here who just find someone to blame at. its ur fault u didn't know about ur problem.

• Ms
    Ms.Aleta Apr 08, 2012

Contact the FDIC, FTC, and Attorney general. I also contact several news stations.

• Me
    meka20204life Jul 09, 2012

Rush Card is the worst debit card holder there is. They blocked my card with out permission. I just wanted to know about a card to card transfer that took place. I called them to see if the funds were transferred and how muck exactly was transferred. The customer service rep told me he was going to block both cards. I asked him not to and he did it anyway. Now I'm fighting them to let my money go. To me that's stealing I didn't ask them to block my card or anyone's card so why should I have to fight for my money. When I talked to a customer service rep to day I asked her for her name and she told me dimples wtf is that they take customers for a joke.

• Fu
    Fuqrushcard Jul 26, 2012

RUSH CARD customer service is filled with a bunch of mindless robots who do as they are told . we cannot get mad at ignorancce and stupidiity...however the supervisors are just as worthless. My nightmare starts with a refund from an online casino in the amount of 7 thousand dollars give or take back onto three 3 rush cards. one of them has 600 the other 600 and one 3600. again give or take a hundred bucks. well the the two with 600 i have no problem using buying things and the atm..but the one with 3600 is bolocked. so i call and they tell me its due to the fact the credits exceed the debits i actually did the math and i think it was about 100 dollars off. ok fine well im not asking for more than i spent tkae out the difference and return to the merchant. simple right? NOPE they want a detailed list of every transaction that took place with this card ...so i have to go thru the casino, the casino used a fake name of assistancehelp.com for the charges and thats also in dispute.. the only record i have of the transactions is an email i receive each time i go to deposit and i send every one i have to rush card along with my id...still not good enough...at this point im still not getting any cooperation from the casino, so i ask them bottom line if i cant produce these documents im screwed? their replied yes.

• Fu
    Fuqrushcard Jul 26, 2012

continuing on their card holder agreement states that all refunds are to handled between the customer and merchant ...but i guess rush card wants to get involved in my situation cuz they see easy money to get if they screw me over with red tape ### . I honestly believe this is a personal attack cuz i had issues before with their company and i won and proved they were full of ### and told them to go [censored] themselves. but i guess we shall see

• Di
    DisgruntledEXRushcarduser Sep 14, 2012

I am going throught the same exact situation. It's false advertisement. If your card is lost or stolen why are you not able to transfer funds so you have your money. If I wait for another card then their would be NO need to transfer funds because I have access to my account. Kimora and Russell need to change that commercial!!! I used to love RUSHCARD but it has now become the worst prepaid debit card EVER!!!

AngerCustomer123 Mar 25, 2013

Rush card sucks and I will be filing a claim against them to the BBB...I feel sorry for Russell Simmons but once I am done there will be no Rush card they are so unprofessional and act so non-chalant when you call and complain about your money the company sucks as a whole and I will be also calling the local stations to area this info because this is crazy and very unprofessiona.

• Ar
    arweclipse Aug 14, 2013

I recently applied for a “RushCard” on August 05, 2013. I read all information provided on their website (not a whole lot). The fees; how they report transaction and the availability of direct deposit. I thought, okay funds are available 2 days before payday. I like Russ Simmons, support black business … I applied.

4 days later I direct deposited fund into the account on August 9th. I waited for my card to show up. Seven days pass, no card. My company deposits another paycheck onto my “RushCard”. I waited 2 more days no card. Called customer service to explain to them I am in need of my funds for gas, bills and personal needs. They tell me I have to wait for the card. I cannot wait for the card I need an alternative to withdrawing funds. Once again they say I have to wait for the card. I ask, can I have one be next day sent to me. They reply, they could not unless it is to replace a card. This went back and fourth for an hour. Ask to speak with a supervisor, was put on hold for an half hour then the line went dead. Called back to get someone else in another country to tell me supervisor is busy with another call. Sounds to me they have a lot of complaints about their service and how they manage other people money. Once I receive my card (if ever) I will cancel this BS service ASAP.

Don’t get this card; you will regret it at some point… still waiting on card. August 14, 2013.

• Ad
    Adrienne8130 Feb 18, 2014

This is the worst service ever. I called on 1/30 to have a new card mailed out due to unauthorized charges. I was told that in 7-10 days a new card should arrive. Well to my surprise I never received the card so I called again on 1/8. Only to find out that the new card still had not been sent which frustrated me even more because I have bills that are pending and my funds are tied up in this account. The customer service people are really of no help all they do is say I here you and repeat themselves over and over again. I informed them that I needed access to my money and that there protocol was ridiculous. Well today is the 18th and still no card. I am so over this company and would not recommend them to anyone. I called again today only for someone to tell me they could send a card in 1-2 days but it would cost me $30.00 I immediately became angry. Why the hell would they just now tell me this after it's been damn near a month and secondly why would I pay when they are inconveniencing me. All I want is my money, I am not rich and I can't keep pushing off the bills that are due. If you know like I do please stay away. It's is not worth the headache.

• Na
    natashaT Mar 01, 2014

I was with ruschard for 7 years...Recently i began doing taxes and was taking my fee out of the persons funds..i go to check my account online and it says blocked/cancelled mind you not i have government benefits and my fundraising benefits direct deposited on this card i called and asked them why was my card blocked they tell me because of a third party deposit and they dont accept them.. ok thats fine but why block my card without my knowledge and also screw my other deposits it up in the process i had a terrible week tryna get my new account info out before the other deposits hit my rushcard..and then when i called to see if they would reverse my payments the ### said yea in 5-7 days im like wat do you mean yall inconvienced me why block my account but hold my money for a week...i hate rushcard its not about supporting black business its not the road to finacial freedom as russell simmons say... i asked if they could unblock the card he said no cooperate blocked it so u asked for the number to cooperate office they tell me it isnt one...wat the hell..

Mad In NorCal May 07, 2014

I experienced the same problem with them putting a blocc on my card because I loaded a green dot and they system was having a system error. So the rushcard rep told me to file a dispute with green dot. Well 30 hrs and 8 reps and 4 supervisors later my money finally post only to get reversed b/c of the dispute that THEY told me to file. And then had the nerve to tell me I was lying because they don't see it in the notes where the rep told me to file a dispute SMH. They really do need to train their agents on better customer service. I'm going to be canceling my card ASAP

Mad In NorCal May 07, 2014

Rush card customer service SUCKS !!! You could call and talk to 3 different agents with the same question to each and they will all tell you 3 different things smh and say they don't know why the other employee told you that smh

• Ta
    Taisa Hargrove Jan 14, 2015

I agree rush card is some ### its a scam

anglish bedell Feb 18, 2015

My name is Anglish Bedell andvi so ###ing hate Rush Card they are holding my damn money and i dont know why, they have a block on my card and i wasnt notified now after i have sent proof of my address 15 times plus more they still telling me i have to wait for my address to be updated.Im going on ABC news about this issue because i just dont find this to be right

Reviewer31404 Oct 13, 2015

My Name is Terrance and didn't receive my $ 20 referral fee but the who referenced me received there's and everytime I call I'm on hold for at least a half an hour and then they keep telling me that It takes one to two days but it's been two days already I am not satisfied with your customer service plz resolve the situation or I will cancel my service thank you. Terrance Green

• Ri
    Rissa Robinson Oct 14, 2015

I am experiencing a night mare now. On 10-12-2015 they updated their system in order to better serve customers so they say. I have been waiting since Tuesday 10-12-2015 to have my payroll check posted to my card. You can't get customer service because the phone cuts off or you get a stupid message saying call back. On the first message it states we were having difficulties but they have all bee corrected but a few. No one will call you back and you will not get a response by email either. I would advise anyone to stay away from the Rush Card. When you do call customer service you can't understand what they are saying because they don't speak English clearly. I can't wait to get rid of this card and company. Please stay away from this mess.

Reviewer92357 Oct 14, 2015

I will be cancelling this rush card account! I have things that are due and the appology is not gonna pay those late fees! This is a horrible customer service. . Bye rushcard!!

• La
    Ladonna Jennings Oct 15, 2015

Rush card is out of line I am changing cards as soon as I receive my funds we have bills due I will not play when n comes to my money

• So
    So NoDash Oct 17, 2015

I have been a rushcard holder for 8 years an this is the most challenging time ever i am without food snan my wayer bill is due i have 4 children this is just not cool

• Ro
    Robeagles067 Oct 19, 2015

I'm complaining like everyone else I can't use my card customer service not talking and I'm leaving this company I just want my money...

• Ra
    Ravinnia Oct 20, 2015

I'm getting a lawyer I deposit money and my balance is zero I rely on rush card to pay my bills I've been a customer for 6 years as soon as I get my money I'm done with rush card!

Reviewer31787 Oct 22, 2015

On Oct 22 called about this upgrade and couldn't get a straight answer on what was going on. I am on disability and I will be living on the streets if I cant get my money. you all need to admit that Rush Card has been HACKED. you will be losing a member after this.

• Ni
    nisha337 Oct 25, 2015

You guys are awful, while we are trying to figure out when our money will become available, you all have the same robot message, saying you are sorry and we will get a text when it is all fixed, guess what our bills cant wait for you all's mess up to get fixed, we barely make anything as it is give me my money.