Alex OKonski Nov 17, 2008

COMPLAIN TO THE BAR ASSOCIATION ABOUT RONALD M. CANTER!!!

Alex OKonski Nov 17, 2008

MR. RON M. CANTER is a very, very bad man... He will have to deal with a TRUE JUDGEMENT one day when his judgment day comes.. This man needs some serious prayers.. KARMA will be a ### for RONALD M. CANTER for all the people he screwed over..
    I am STILL couch surfing while being sick as a dog with no income, thanxs to Mr. Canter .. I feel like I am playing "CATCH-UP" with my life and finances due to Mr. Canter "SITTING" on my case and having my benefits cut off FOR 2 YEARS!!!

Maria Oct 14, 2008

I am in shock. I retained this attorney also and I am very disappointed in his services. His receptionist is rude and condescending, he never calls you back, respond to your calls or even show a genuine interest in the case. His assistants are just as bad. When I retained him, I gave him all documentation pertaining to my case, but his assistant called me one time requesting the same documents. I have a scheduled deposition but have not heard from my attorney at all. Attorney's of this calibur in my opinion are a disgrace to their profession. I wish I had been smart enough to do this search before retaining him. I could have saved myself the aggravation. There should be more stringent regulations...

alex Sep 02, 2008

I signed up with Mr canter, I am dispointed with actions, neither Mr Canter or Albert return calles or emails, it has been almost 2 weeks and yet no reply, so I look up if there were any similar complaints, I was not surprized to see that there were similar compalints, I will be firing this attorney today

• Ka
    Karen Apr 25, 2008

I to feel taken by this law firm and was sent to him by Pre Paid legal also and i experiance all most the same thing that everyone else has experiance. I was also sent to Mr. Canters Doctors that did nothing but found was to see me so i could be billed. My case opened april of 2003 and it has not been resolved as of yet. I to have tried to see Mr. Canter and that has not happened neither. I have also tryed to speak to him and that was allowed only three times since I retained him. I have been talked to really badly by his assistance and office helpers. When i ask if i can get an appointment with him i never get a responds. I don't even know if I still have a case with him because it was never seattled and i have not heared from anyone in several months all most 6 months. Last I heard from him he told me he was going to be sending me to one of his doctor's again and that never happened. I am still waiting to see if my case is still open. I have reported him to Pre-Paid legal and that didn't help and I that they all are in a triangle to help each other get paid off the other. I ended up going to my on Medical group to get my prozacs as well as counclin because this has also been a nightmare for me and total disappointment

• Wi
    Withheld Apr 10, 2008

IM A FORMER EMPLOYEE OF RONALD. I SEE HOW YOU CAN FEEL THAT WAY I WORKED FOR HIM FROM [protected]. HE DID NOT PAYED GOOD, MAYBE BECAUSE THE LACK OF EXPERIENCE BUT I WAS OVERWELMED WITH WORK AND HIS HELPERS LIKE ROBERTO, NEVER RETURN THE CALLS TO THE CLIENTS AND IT ALL CAME BACK TO ME. I WAS THE RECEPTIONIST/CLERK/MAIL/SECRETARY. MR CANTER IS KIND HEARTED TO HIS STAFF BUT WHEN IT COMES TO BUISNESS I THINK HE STABS YOU IN THE BACK. HE KINDA TO ADVANTAGE OF ME TOO. HE STILL OWES ME MONEY FROM WHEN I GAVE MY TWO WEEK NOTICE. I COULDN'T HANDLE IT AND WALKED OUT 3 DAYS BEFORE THE TWO WEEKS, SO THAT MONEY IS STILL UP HIS WALLET...

• Co
    connie Apr 07, 2008

Reading this is very upsetting, because Mr. Canter is my attorney & my injury occurred 01/1997 A mandentory settlement date was made for June but then postpond for the depo, which I was under the impression that after the Deposition (which went very well) last August, it would have already occurred. I was pro bono until 2002 when the judge a Workman Comp. told me I would need a lawyer or the other attorney's would take advantage of me. Mr. Canter was the only lawyer that would accept my case. I have not been able to work since my injury, my voc. rehab is almost over now, but it's not going to be enough money to cover it. I do receive 320.00 every 2 weeks from the insurance co. which states Permanient Partial. I don't know how long I will rec. these checks. I can't get an answer from Mr. Canter's after repeated phone calls, and letters. and faxes. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.
    I have gone 11 yrs. without any income & I am worried we will loose our home.

• Wi
    Withheld Mar 25, 2008

Actually the individuals that are complaining are right about Mr. Canter. He was representening a friend of mine and did the same things described above. Someone has complained about him on the /link removed/ website and he also has a complaint on the www.scam.com site its true. Doing a search with his name will bring up the complaints. I think its sad that he'd call his "ex clients" paranoid dillusionists because they wont let him bully them. Mr. Canter this is the information age and just because the folks you represent dont have money DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE STUPID! I wish anyone the best of luck in bringing to light the actions of this "terrible example" of a professional practicing law.

• Am
    amina Mar 15, 2008

Wow! is all I can say about this. but, this confirms everything my sister and I was thinking about this man. wow!!

reading this just blew me away I actually thought I was crazy when I thought this man was more on the side of the defence then my sisters case. Yes. lord Yes. unorganize is a understatement, professionalism oh my God how does this man continue to practice law? no these people are not crazy at all not everyone that dont even no each other is lying on this man and his staff. And the idiots he has working for him... man.... no words can ever express the unprofessionlism and iliteracy in one law office. how does this man get paid? do anyone ever wonder? how is it he is so buddy buddy with these defence attorneys, I wonder who is really getting paid???? my sister fired this man and handled her case herself and she went step by step with the wc they have representatives that will help you. with this kind of representation obviously you dont need to be a high school grad or to settle your own case. Im sorry but if your read this Mr. Canter sir? hey you deserve that much no matter how bad of a lawyer you are and how many cases you lose, you went to college for maybe 12 to lose cases. My question is how do you sleep at night doing people that come to you and trust you with at the lowest time in their life and you screw them over like that. why did you become a lawyer to hurt people? dont you know one day you are going to screw over. the wrong client and the right lawyer will take you and your buddys to the cleaners oneday...complaints is what opens investigations, it is sad to put your name in a search engine and find nothing but complaints... I dont mean to offend you because you are a older man but, hey if I was you I would just stop.... one day you will lose and your career will be over and for what? NOTHING!! I am going to pray for you because something is seriously wrong. I wondering how many complaints was turned into the bar? my sister started to send in a complaint but she said forget it, she got what she wanted herself out of her case. See Mr. Canter what you dont realize God takes care of his fools and his kids, so these people you dislike because they are poor or not up to your standards, dont represent them then change your study, obviously you dont like the kind of people that you took a oath to represent. Again Mr. Canter no disrespect ment here.

• Ca
    CARL BAKER Jan 17, 2008

EVEN AFTER LOOKING AND LOOKING I STILL HAVE NOT FOUND A REALY GOOD COMP LAWYER NEAR RIVERSIDE CALF, IF ANY ONE KNOWS OF ONE PLEASE SET A LINK TO THER SITE , IM 31 AND BECAUSE OF MY BACK I WILL NO LONGER WORK AGAIN AS I DID AT ONE TIME AND EVERY ONE TURNS THERE HEAD TO ME AND AFTER THREE YEARS NOW ILL BE HOMELESS IN A MONTH BECAUSE IM BEING CUT OFF ALL CASH AID FROM E,D,D AND WORK COMP IS ONLY PAYING FOR MY PAIN MEDS AND DR VISITS NOW AND I HEAR THAT THE SETTLEMENTS ARE NOTHING ANY MORE... SO IF I DONT GET HELP FROM A SUPER LAWYER THAT CAN PULL CASH OUT OF THE SKI FOR ME, ( NEVER HAPPEN ) IM GOING TO BE HURT OUT IN THE COLD IN PAIN, JUST TO THINK ALL I WAS DOING WAS MAKEING SOME ONE RICH THAT DONT GIVE A ### ABOUT ME,, SO MY EDD IS RUNING OUT DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHATS THE NEXT STEP FOR ME AS FAR AS MY CASE .. THREE YEARS NOW AND ONE SURGERY ,, I STILL NEED RODS IN MY BACK IM GETING WORSE AND THAY WILL NOT FIX ME ARE PAY ME DO TO TIME FRAMES AND LAME NEW LAWS THE REAL HURT PEPPLE ARE GETING SCREWD OVER BIG TIME, IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME AN ANY WAY PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected] THE O IN OVER IS A ZERO, 0VER NOT OVER ... THANKS GODBLESS.

• As
    A Swisky Jan 16, 2008

As a former CA workers' compensation claims adjuster, I can confirm that the complainants posting is typical experience with a typical applicant's attorney representing injured employees.

First, these attorneys 'only' get up to 15% of an injured's final award. That means they need to pump up the disability to get paid more. Usually that means adding body parts for fictitious injuries that are difficult to confirm, like psychological injuries, headaches or internal complaints. The unsuspecting injured doesn't know what is going on until they are at the doctors appointments. Even if the injured wanted to go back to work, these doctors have declared them so disabled that they usually can't find any work at all, especially with their old employer.

Due to the fact that they make little money on each individual claim, they need more claims to generate revenue. That means handling more injured's than they can reasonably provide good services to. Also, most of the time, their office staff is poorly trained and inexperienced. Meaning, they are cheap to employ, thus reducing costs.

I cannot say from experience how professional Mr. Cantor is. But I can state that Managemed is a typical applicant's doctor firm. Anything that crawls in the door will have a work injury and will be given disability. The doctors there will completely ignore anything that tends to detract from a work injury and completely blame everything that is wrong with the injured on his employment. Last time, I checked, real people has real problems and are not perfect. Real people have outside of work stress like divorce, molestation, financial difficulty, poor health, criminal records, etc etc. These docs have blinders on.

Do yourself a favor and hire a good attorney or handle it yourself. If you are a reasonable person, your adjuster will work with you. If you are an angry, disgruntled, insulting, profane person with a major chip on your shoulder wanting someone to blame for your miserable life, hire an attorney.

• La
    LaDonna K Vaeth Aug 20, 2007

I am having the identical situation with my pre-paid legal attorney in Maryland. I plan to start my own web-site informing the millions of clients of pre-paid legal and the potential new clients of pre-paid legal to run as fast as you can if you are ask to purchase pre-paid legal. It must be something they teach these lawyers who handle pre-paid cases. I don't know how they get away with it. You get absolutely no help from the pre-paid main office in Oklahoma. These lawyers just seem to do what ever they want and get away with it. Everything Ronald M. Canter did to this man, our lawyer is doing to my husband and I. I plan to file as many complaints against our attorney that is allowed. Pre-paid Legal in Oklahoma needs to start taking responsibility for their attorney's actions/non-actions or stop taking our money.

• Ro
    ronald m canter Jun 06, 2007

Damion Thompson is a disgruntled ex client of mine. The only true statement in his complaint is that I did represent him in a workers compensation. His paranoid delusions that every white person (including me) was out to get him clearly clouds his view of the world. I represented him in a competent way & wish him no ill will. However since life has not been good to him (largely his own fault), he blames it on everybody else (especially me). He has been unsuccessful in the working world & has to find someone to blame it on. It is usually the white man.

My distinguished record as an attorney is not by accident and flies in the face of the malicious erroneous accusations made by Damion Thompson. I hope he gets his life together but I sincerely doubt it will happen.