RN SuperpassUnauthorized charges!

Last month I got charged 14.99 for RN superpass. I just blew it off because I am a RN and I thought it was a subscription for a RN website. Then I got charged again this month and started looking into it. I found this website which helped me find out what the charge really was for. Now I have to investigate and try to get the charges reversed or at least canceled.

Robin Thorpe Nov 28, 2007

I also got a charge on my bank account from this company. I am in school to be an RN so I also thought it had something to do with my school but when I called and asked I was told it had nothing to do with the school. I am now paying to have this put on hold by my bank. I have tried calling them but get a recording that states my call can't be taken at this time, so please try again. How can this happen...

Mary Ann Barber, RN Dec 14, 2007

The very same thing is happening to me. Have you gotten to the bottom of this yet. Any pointers? Let me know. Thanks Mary Ann

ann marie sicinski Jan 29, 2008

so does anyone know what this charge is for, I am also an RN and I thought it had something to do with nursing.

ann marie sicinski Jan 29, 2008

I found out what this is. If you ever signed on to a network to watch big brother on the computer, or any other tv shows this is your RN "superpass" it has nothing to do with being an RN as I thought also. They can be reached at 1-866-212-1343 to cancel the account.

robin vos Feb 08, 2008

The same thing is happening to me and trying to get it sorted, i am in the uk, does anyone have a number i can call to sort this thing out?

Patrick E. Wadsworth Sr. Feb 25, 2008

This is a subscription to Real Networks' games, etc. It is very easy to accidentally subscribe to it if you have Real Player, Real Arcade, etc. I don't know for a fact that they charge without some form of "permission," but they readily promised to refund my $14.99. (I got them on the first call--just luck, I guess.)

Jack Boswell Mar 06, 2008

I've just found out that this RN superpass has been charging me for about a year automatically, what a scam, I don't even know what it is for. I guess i'll try that number to remove it. Thanks.

• Th
    Thelma Olive Mar 27, 2008

I received charges from this company after I received a call from "GRANT WRITER PRO". I did sign up for "Grant Writer", but then I started receiving charges from "SUPERPASS FROM REA", "Rhasody music" and "superpass games". Then I received a call yesterday stating they were going to send me a "Visa Card" with a $25.00 gift certificate thanking me for my purchased. They already had my address and the last four digits of my credit card. It made me angry that my information was given to a second party. The Visa gift card was another scam that came with a monthly charge.

• Ba
    Barb Apr 01, 2008

Thanks for posting the phone number. Called today and got it cancelled without a problem!

• Mi
    Mike Apr 14, 2008

I too have been debited unlawfully. I have contacted this company by phone on four (4) ocassions over the last twelve (12) months requesting a cancellation of service. Isn't it interesting that they won't accept e-mail requests for cancellation (which can be proven) but instead require you to call an international number to cancel (which at the end of the day they can deny ever happened). To ad insult to injury, I now find myself in a battle with my credit card company who seem all too willing to continue facilitating this act of blatent internet fraud.

Well RN Superpass,
    Ive got some news for you !!! and it's all bad. I will not call the US from Australia again - only for you to deny receiving my call & I will not be meeting any charges from you forthwith - the credit card has been cancelled. What I have done though is to lodge a complaint with the credit card company who are now investigating your fraudulent practices and I have refered this matter to the Commisioner of Fair Trading for further action.

• La
    laiconna Apr 26, 2008

The same thing is happening to me. I did sign up for the 30 day free trial. After the first charge, I had the subscription cancelled. The stopped the charges for approx. 3 months. I checked my account today and found that they have begun charging me again for this junk. They ask you to try it free, knowing you will forget that you did it. There should be a law that they should not get that payment info until the 30 day trial is over. Then if you want it, you should then be required to give them the information they need to charge you.

There is an address you can send your cancellation to and reach them. Send the letter by registered mail only which will require a signature.

• Lu
    Lulu Apr 29, 2008

I actually read this message board and then immediately called the number on the above post. My charges were also incurred from the Superpass to BB8. The first person I spoke to cancelled the "subscription" and also credited the last charge. Then I asked for a supervisor who after chastising me about fine print...right... also reluctantly agreed to refund all charges from when BB8 ended. I almost lost my temper but I think remaining matter-of-fact with them about my position is what ultimately convinced them to credit the charges back. Good luck and God help the consumer.

John Gonzales May 01, 2008

I have never been an RN and I have nevr been to this site. Still I was charged 14.99 for nothing. Attempts to recieve an answer have been diffucult.

• Al
    alexander fyans May 09, 2008

re-rn superpass charges.cancel any charging account you have with me and re-emburse any moneys you have taken from my account forthwith.please check your records and see if i have ever used superpass...cancel all and any agreements or contracts that you have me on, i have advised my bank to do likewise.. alexander fyans

Patrick Thomson May 21, 2008

I have a charge of $14.99 for RN Superpass which I thought was to do with a computer but it is not. I want to cancel the charge to my Amex. how do I go about doing that.

Patrick Thomson.

David Owen-Bell May 22, 2008

I wish to cancel a standing order made in my name for RN*Superpass held on account 5436999453265320 with immediate effect. I have informed my credit card customer services to do so as well.

patrick coughlan May 22, 2008

dear sir i have been debit for £9.96 a month how can i have it stopped
    yours pat

• Mi
    Miss D May 25, 2008

This just happened to me! I just got three mysterious charges from this company in the last month! Can somebody please enlighten me on how this company is getting our credit card info in the first place? I don't remember ever buying anything from them so that they would even have my info! THANKS!

• Jf
    Jfehr May 29, 2008

Same happened to me. Through Real Player I was having problems with my real player and thought I was starting a trial offer. Couldn't cancel from Canada. I repoerted this company to RBC Visa as Fraud. I also called the number someone listed here, I canceled with the company but I am also having new credit cards issued as I hav read that for some the subscription fees resume after cancelation.

• Na
    Nancy B May 30, 2008

I am having the exact same problem. What i did is is first call my credit card company and dispute the charge, then call RN Superpass right away and explain the problem and tell them you want to them to cancel any accounts you have with them. Dont just rely on the credit card company to take care of everything, and also make copies of any paperwork you have from all parties involved. I don't know how things are in you're country but here in the USA businesses are notorious for loosing paper work.

• Ka
    Karen Addie Jun 09, 2008

I have just found out that I have been charged $24.98 per month by Real Arcade and Superpass, neither of which I bought. This has been going on for a long time. I signed up for Rhapsody, and this company has been charging me for these other two subscriptions. I have notified my bank and am going to sign an affidavit for them to go after this company. I will also notify BBB and E-Commerce association.

• Pe
    pete quinn Jun 16, 2008

I spoke to them unfortunately they didnt speak very good english. or at least creatively misunderstood me. I then spoke to my bank, who said they couldnt stop it asit wasnt a direct debit, however the young lady was very helpful in pointing out the fact that it wasbeing taken directly from my card. Easy answer - cancel the card and get a new one.

• Pu
    PURPLEPASSIONS1 Jul 05, 2008

The company that is charging people is Real.com They are like windows media player. Their company specializes in games, music, videos, etc. I keep getting charged each month $14.99 after I signed up for the FREE-TRIAL. The free trial then turned into this long drawn out process of me trying to get them from stealing money from my bank account. I have canceled this service 3 times, and each month I continue to get charged. The company moved the cosumer service deptament to India, therefore, when you speak to someone to try to clear up the matter their is a slight misunderstanding in communication. Each time I talk to the service representative they repeat the same passage as the previous person and in the end my bank account continues to get charged. Does anyone know how to put a stop them debting out my money without me having to close my account?

• Mo
    MoMaDoW Jul 09, 2008

Same s*** here... I live in Egypt and have a master card electronic internet card.. and i got charged for 14.99 USD for the RN SUPERPASS From REAL NETWORKS.. all these complaints and no solution... most of you dealt with the company in a free-trial or smth... I DID NOT!! how the f*** they got my card number and my 3-digit secret code??!! I told my bank www.nbe.com.eg and they asked me to write a complaint and they will send it to the central administration in Cairo... now what? no suggestions from financial experts?

Roland Thau Jul 09, 2008

I too am being charged this way. Some messages state that others similarly charged have reached the outfit by phone or website to cancel but have not indicated the # or site. Please provide them.
    Thanks

maggie Jul 27, 2008

Well, thank goodness for someone posting 1 866 212 1343, I now have an e-mail confirming cancellation, the customer service rep I got was very polite. Today we just figured out that it all started when hubby followed a link on our real player to buy a program from real player that converts analog files to digital - he purchased it at their site & then inadvertantly signed up for some monthly service he didn't want. He tried to cancel it over & over that day but never could. He was given a pop up message to call their # during business hours to cancel. So he tried then, they were closed, got frustrated then forgot. Meanwhile, I"m a registered nurse who was doing ce ...so I thought the charges on our statement were related to that. So, I've been searching for a nursing education company online to contact to cancel. I contacted my onlince banking & they just sent me a form letter. My next step was to fill out the dispute forms at my bank.. I don't think we ever would have straightened it out without this complaint board. THANK YOU!!!

• Br
    Branko Furlan Jul 30, 2008

Please help me how i can cancel and returned the money from RN SUPERPSS FROM REA EU 11, 64 and RN SUPERPSS PREMIU EU 15, 3 wich charge my account
    on VISA card automaticly evry month without send me the invoice. Up to now charged me EU 134.70. THANK YOU

• Al
    Alison Aug 18, 2008

The RN Superpass is Real Player superpass and PROBABLY started charging you after failure to cancel a 14 day trial membership. The number to call is 1-866-212-1343. You can also go to Real.com/superpass and click on 14 day trial membership. Then, attempt to log in as an existing customer. Put in your email address and try to guess at a password or use the forgotten password link. Chances are you'll be able to sign in and find your account number. (Even if you DIDN'T intend to subscribe). Get your acct number and call the number I listed above. Hope that helps.

Joseph C Miranda Aug 18, 2008

Several months ago I spoke with one of the company's customer representative requesting to discontinue charges to my account for their services because I was not using it. So far the company continues to charge my account, I do not want to close my checking account due to this company neglecting to honor my request however I need the company to refund all the payment charged to my account since July 2007.

• Je
    Jennifer Aug 31, 2008

They are a huge rip-job! I canceled AND they're still charging me on my EXPIRED credit card information! I wasn't even allowed to authorize purchases on that card after it expired.

John Evans Aug 31, 2008

Not sure how old this thread is but i just got charged 14.99 on the super pass. i got the fourteen day free trail and i called to tell them i didnt want it and the dude said that he would give me thirty days free and no charge but got charged any way. even though a i said i didnt want the program or his free thirty days.

• Vi
    victor Sep 02, 2008

My wife is on the phone right now with our credit card co. questioning the fraudulent charges made by this co., and this is after we dropped the old card, and applied for a new one.

David Sweeney Sep 09, 2008

Same thing, I don't know who they are, or how they got my number. I'm calling the cancelation number, I've been on hold for 20 minutes now.
    They refered me to their service website which doesn't even have a cancelation option. This is apparently a movie download service, I don't even have high speed internet.

David Sweeney Sep 09, 2008

I got through to someone in India, who finally agreed to cancel my sevice. I had to surf around the web site for half an hour until I found my account number. Still don't know what it is.

• Ti
    Tim VanderWall Sep 15, 2008

My wife got suckered into subscribing. I was able to cancel (I hope) the subscription, only knowing her email address and our home address. (They even refunded -- again I hope -- our current month's billing) Good luck to all! I will NEVER touch a Real Network product again!

• Le
    Lewis Virgin Sep 16, 2008

I knew going into this that i would be charged - eat the 1 month to actually try the sevice - however, RN creates three accounts for music, games and movies/video. Call 866-212-1343 to cancel - hard sell to retain - but if you insist they close all accounts related to your e-mail address and get a reference number - it seems to have worked, no further bills.

• Le
    Lewis Virgin Sep 16, 2008

On my last comment, RN also will try to bill for superpass as well

• Gr
    Graham Willson Sep 16, 2008

I am brain damage from accident and installed Dragon speech-to-text to help me. But I have to install the Realtek Hi-def Audio drivers to make everything work. I read instruction and get pushed to fancy website - Look What We Got!! I looked around but don't want anything from there - too complicated for me. Then the charges start coming. First one I thought "too hard" for me to find them and stop I thought "Let it go - you got skimmed don't ever muck about places like that any more". Then another charge came in - and another one so I'm really scared "What have I done erong??!! How can I stop this!!??" My home helper lady took charge and rang my Bank. They are stopping it and reversing the charges - thankyou God. BEWARE OF THIS PEOPLE - if you have mind & memory troubles ... DON'T do stuff you won't remember & DON'T give Card Details to online IF YOU AREN'T BUYING ANYTHING.

REALTEK is doing DISHONOURABLE way of business. Very bad without audit trail - They should send email at least ans saying YOU HAVE PURCHASED $xyz on Invoice # abc. So you can write to them and say "NO I DID NOT BUY THIS". Realtek is sneaky, cheating company that take advantage of the brain dummies like me. Very sad thing.

• Za
    Zaidi Ali Sep 19, 2008

After the 1st. Charge by RN Superpass, finally I managed to cancel the membership account online! Maybe this will help:- Firstly log in to your account. Then edit all your addresses, region/country to any country outside United States/Europe. I've chosen Malaysia. Then click Edit/Cancel Account. Follow online instructions. Your membership status will then display "cancelled". Hope you all won't receive any incoming charges anymore!

• Pi
    piero nerieri Sep 21, 2008

I too was billed for three months on my credit card, from june to august 2008. The solution? I blocked the card saying I lost it. Surely I never authorized Superpass to anything.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices