RN SuperpassUnauthorized charges!

J

Last month I got charged 14.99 for RN superpass. I just blew it off because I am a RN and I thought it was a subscription for a RN website. Then I got charged again this month and started looking into it. I found this website which helped me find out what the charge really was for. Now I have to investigate and try to get the charges reversed or at least canceled.

• Re
    RealPlayer Support Nov 20, 2013

Hello CK23,

We are happy to look into this for you.

For Billing Questions, contact our Customer Support Team:

Call us: [protected]
    Mon - Fri: 6 am - 6 pm PT
    Sat & Sun: 7:30 am – 5 pm PT

• Al
    alexander t woolridge jr May 15, 2013

i don.t know who this company are.but somehow they cbilled my credit card.Icalled the credit card company them. I dont have a phone numberr. how do i find their phone number? I were billed $14.99 for something i don.t have. I need my money. can.t use my card because the charge made it over drawn. I need help thanks in advance i were billed 4/17/2013 alex

johnniemke Aug 17, 2012

I usually check my credit card charges every month, but have been very busy lately and have not been checking. When I finally took time to check, I found charges from RN Superpass for $34.00 for every 3 or 4 months and Emusic $39.00/month. I had no idea what this was for. When I called the numbers provided, RN Superpass was for Real Player charges. I hadn't used Real Player for vidoes, only for my music. Emusic was suppose to be for charges for downloading music. I only went onto that site once. It was suppose to be a free site, but I didn't see any music that my son would like. I didn't download anything or go back onto the site. If I had been checking every month like I should have been this would have been taken care of much earlier. The best thing to do is check your account every month, all doing the month and stay on top of unauthorised charges.

• Tr
    trini fella Aug 06, 2012

The exact thing happened to me and am puzzled as to where my 14.99 has been going. any solutions people.

• Li
    LizSSS Apr 04, 2012

These bogus Real Networks memberships and charges are rotten but the good news is that a growing number of people are taking action and working with the Complex Litigation Group. They'll work to stop what is happening and fight to get your money back. All you have to do is tell them what happened to you.

You can contact the Complex Litigation Group by email and phone.
    Email [email protected] or call toll-free 866.779.9610.

• Li
    LizSSS Feb 26, 2012

These bogus memberships and charges are rotten but the good news is that a growing number of people like us are taking action and working with the Complex Litigation Group. All you have to do is tell them what happened and they pretty much will do the rest.
    You can contact the Complex Litigation Group by email and phone.
    Email [email protected] or call toll-free 866.779.9610.

• Ck
    CK23 Feb 11, 2012

How do i get my money back for getting charge on this site..i got charge 14.99 dollar from superpass...i really don't know how they get my info. BUT pleaSE help Make it STOP

• Pm
    Pmog Feb 02, 2012

I never signed up with this company. Today while checking my credit card statement I found out unauthorized charge from them. I reported this to my bank!

• Us
    userle Jan 07, 2012

I have the same thing on my Discover card.I filed a complaint and Discover says it is a real charge. I have never heard of this company and had no idea what service I was supposed to have purchased. I guess I will have to close the account if the charges continue.

• It
    itsux Nov 10, 2011

I was Charged for 2 years on an account i save for a safety net and when I finally checked it I was almost 300$ short. RN SUPERPASS charged me 14.99$ every 27th of the month. I called and they told me I was signed up by Comcast when I upgraded my cable. I then explained I use Time Warner cable who just happens to be Comcast cables biggest competitor. The e-mail used to sign up wasnt mine but they had my phone number. I dont suppose that caller ID could have given them that! Well after about 25 min on the phone remaining calm they cancelled the membership and refunded me for 6 months. Trust me I tried for the whole thing but I dont think that guy could do anymore. We went round and round he agreed that I probably had my info stolen. I am not happy but I dont want to deal with fighting this more. I have before in a similar scam and got nothing when the company went bankrupt. That time I talked to lawyers and joined a lawsuit filed papers with the BBB went all out I was pissed and in the end got nothing. Here is the comfirmation e-mail that clearly sounds like they have this problem alot. Take note of the "if you will consider this a complete resolution to this matter." Take note that if you do this your complaints to anyone will be thrown out. I HIGHLY recommend you take what you can get back rather than lose it all. It sucks that these scammers can get away with this s&*( I am not happy with the end result but it is my fault for not noticing earlier. At least I got some back.

Thank you for recently contacting RealPlayer Customer Support.

This is the follow up email to our previous discussion. Though RealPlayer does not issue refunds, past one month, per terms of service, I would like to make an exception and offer a one-time only refund.

I will refund <6 > months at <$ 14.99 > each for a total refund in the amount of <$ 89.94> if you will accept this as a complete resolution to this matter. Upon receipt of your acceptance, I will issue the refund within one business day. Depending on your financial institution it may take a few days to show in your account and should show on your next credit card or bank statement following the processing period.
    Please respond to this offer in a timely manner as it is time sensitive.

I look forward to your response.

Shaun
    RealPlayer Customer Support
    Additional answers can be found within our online knowledgebase located at http://real.custhelp.com.

Darlene Tschopp Oct 17, 2011

I went to ream out my Bank for two overdraft charges but found out that there was a company who was unauthorized to take money out of my account . I think they have to be stopped. I do not work and have to live off babysitting two times a week and whatever job may or may not come through . This is causing a single person who lives alone to have to not pay a bill that is needed. I still do not know who this company is. and where they got the card info. from.

• Ha
    halzeo Aug 31, 2011

I called and said I was not getting off the phone until I was refunded the full amount (10 months of charges $16.33/mo) to my account. After going through 3 levels of supervisors, I finally got them to refund me for 6 months of the 10 months of charges. I considered this an accomplishment since most of the boards had people saying they couldn't get more than 1 month. Just DON'T BACK DOWN and don't be satisfied til you get at least a good portion of your money back!

• To
    tom14456 Jun 30, 2011

This company removed 37.79 from my debit card and I DONT know why and did not approve it

• Ro
    rock_sandy Jun 16, 2011

Wow. I'm dumbfounded by the number of innocent people fooled by this company. I was charged for $14.99 for 4 months now (Firstly, my bad that I didn't clarify with my bank when I saw this deduction on my account last month). When I did see it this month too, I called up my bank and they promptly gave me the number of the REAL-S*** company. Just as someone here mentioned, the call was first picked by a John who had the guts to say that he would refund only the last month's charges for COURTESY'S sake !!! I told him to transfer the call to his supervisor - Mr.Sylvester who initially said that he could try refunding the last 2 month's charges. After giving him a little piece of my mind, he said that the damned-company-policy allowed him to only refund a max of 3 months charges. So I told him to transfer the call to his supervisor and the next thing whoever picked up the call after that said is "We will refund all the charges that have been made to you". I don't believe how a company that could very well be termed as a bunch of guys who steal money, can survive long enough to cheat so many of people (who checked their bank statements). I wish there was a way to black-list such companies with all the banks so that at least the banks don't process the transactions for such companies until they are authorized by a consumer.

• Mi
    MissesO May 25, 2011

I just spent the last hour of my life on the line with the Customer Service at Real Network. It was worth it, though, because in the end I received 6 months credit for past charges. If you find yourself in this position, ESCALATE the call to the Supervisor, as the Associate Rep has no authority to do squat. I outlined to them how the only WRITTEN COMMUNICATION received was the Welcome to Real SuperPass‏ email. There were no monthly email summaries of services or charges and no reminder email of the Terms of Conditions of the Service. In addition, there is no tracking of usage. (They claim the only record activity they have is at inception when the free downloads were utilized. How convenient.) The Supervisor compared their services to cable television, but I countered that cable television provides a MONTHLY SUMMARY of the services rendered, as do internet service providers, and even Club Penguin and other online services that charge for usage and/or provide tokens (so I wasn't buying their CROCK for why they provide no communication to the consumer). Then, at one point, he tried to question whether I was changing my statements and said that the call was being recorded. So I was all over that. I was like GREAT! Then I reiterated the scam they were running and said, 'So let me get this straight: the consumer has only one shot of getting this right with you guys, and that's when he's signing up for the online trial. After that, you don't provide any follow-up communication to him about the Terms and Conditions. Nor do you provide a monthly summary of the charges. Is that correct?' He replied, "Yes". Then I closed with, 'And you believe that is fair to the consumer?!?' He tried to dance around it, but I kept going back to the question. Eventually, he said "yes", at which point I said, 'So on this recorded line, you are telling me you believe that this is fair to the consumer?...' And it was only at that point that he offered to make a "one time exception" and provide the 6 months of credit (though more than 10 had been charged!) I might have to re-visit the other 4 months later, but I do at least feel somewhat vindicated...

• Ca
    Cancelling May 21, 2011

I say this charge on my credit card account. After some investigation, I called the number [protected]. I was told the charge was because of a cable or internet connections I had set up with Comcast or Time Warner. I had set that up so who knows. It was a free trial at the time and the charge was for continuing the subscription. Kinda sucks but ### happens. I cancelled everything. They tried to set me up for another free trial and said they would charge me after 2 months, so be careful they don't get you decline that. Apparently I am all cancelled, I was sure to get the confirmation number from the representitive, so we'll see what happens.

Jaclyn Templin May 12, 2011

I did not authorized this company to charge my card for any product purchase. I was charged $14.99 for realplayer, which I dont know what that is?

• Sk
    Skia Jan 26, 2011

I have the same problem...unauthorized charges against my bank account when I never ordered their "Superpass"! Isn't there some way that all the people having this problem can get together and file a fraud complaint against these people? As many people as they have cheated out of money, they should be forced to refund it! Who handles complaints of fraud against Internet companies? Surely each country has some organization that handles that type of thing. Since the company supposedly has its corporate headquarters in Oregon, USA, the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) should be willing to accept complaints from people anywhere in the world. If they get enough complaints, the FCC should see that this is a valid complaint and take action against this company.

Dave Schafer Jan 21, 2011

This company(?) I've never heard of (RN Superpass) has somehow gotten a hold of my email and credit card number and charged me $14.99 for supposedly watching "Big Brother" online. First of all, I've never seen this show and I hate "reality TV". Second, I have NEVER charged ANYTHING on this card! This card only exists because it's the only way I can receive unemployment benefits and it has only been used to withdraw money, AND it has only been used at the bank that issued it! Calling RN Superpass was a complete waste of time since his accent conveniently got thicker with every question I asked! How do I get my money back from these thieves?!

• St
    Steven Angelucci Dec 15, 2010

I never hear of this company before and they said i sign up to watch DVD and tv shows... "[censor]"
    This company is stealing... i don't know how they got my card and my 3-digit number.
    call your bank and have it setup to not let anyone online take your money unless you set it up yourself.

[censor]YOU SUPERPASS!!!

• Re
    Realcomplaints Nov 22, 2010

I have noticed same issue recently and I found it is Time warner who gave my Credit Card no to This Superpass Realplayer junkies. When I ordered Time warner internet over phone they offer some free router and along with the router they made me purchased the real player free trial. Because this is router receipt and no money charged I didnt noticed that free trial expiration date. And they just started charging after trial period done without even notifying me. Surely they are playing dirtry tricks to take our money like other online scams but Time warner is helping them out to do this. So guyz check that is this time warner involved in your cases also and start hating them like me to pass your CC to scam companies.

mattison1967 Nov 19, 2010

This company has charged my credit card multiple times for 14.99
    I had never even heard of the site until I noticed the charges on my account. I have no ideal how they even got my credit card information.
    I have not been able to stop the charges, right now it seems like the only thing I can do to stop being charged is to ask my credit card company to issue me a new credit card with a different number.
    Does anyone else that is having this same problem have any ideal what the charges are suppose to even be for? I have never even been to their site, I dont understand how they can keep getting away with charging peoples credit cards.

• Su
    Summer D. Coleman Nov 13, 2010

I recently had a charge on my account under similar circumstances. Luckily, when a charge is posted to my bank, they record a contact phone number to go along with it. I called the number listed, and it turns out these charges come from a number of places, that are all affiliated. It could be real player, rhapsody, gamehouse, or a number of other online websites. I called the number listed with my bank [protected]) and had no problems cancelling my "membership". They were actually quite helpful and courteous, though english was obviously not the gentleman's first language. I hope that this information may help others in a similar situation.

• Sc
    ScottMc Oct 11, 2010

I noticed a charge on my account for $14.99 for RN Superpass which I did not recall authorizing. I called the toll free number listed on my bank statement, and they stated it was for an account associated with Rhapsody; something to do Real Networks and television shows. They said I opened the account 4 months ago, but I used a disposable email for this indicating to me that it was not worth keeping. (I recommend everyone setup such an account; make it something like "[email protected]".). Why pay when there's hulu.com.

Anyway they said the account was now closed. I did receive a cancellation notification e-mail. The would not refund any charges. Basically told me to #@%^ off; we've got your money and you can't do anything about it.

You can. If you read this, don't even bother calling them. Just call your bank and tell them the above. You'll probably get 3 months worth of charges returned.

• Me
    meatomatic Sep 20, 2010

Please file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau too! (http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/internet-services/realnetworks-in-seattle-wa-43000165). There are DOZENS of "complaints" here... but if you don't actually REPORT them to the BBB... nothing will happen to this company. Please do yourself, and everyone else who has been scammed by RealNetworks, a favor... REPORT them! Thank you!

mattie Labarre Sep 13, 2010

ok so these people have been taking money out of my checking account for almost a hole YEAR without me knowing it... now i am getting over draft fees like crazy i am tired of calling them and trying to get my $290.44 that they have stole from me ... so i am going to a lawyer this is bull and it is fraugulent charges and it is ILLEAGEL... where can they prove that we signed up for this crap i didnt even know what it was ? they told me they would refund only four months worth... NO that is my money ... all of it and they will pay for all the overdraft charges to !!!

• Po
    Portland Tuzugoot Sep 13, 2010

Just got off thephone with these people (Superpass)and my visa company. Never heard of Superpass before or autherized use of my card. Not sure how they got my card number. Guy on the phone keep saying that i signed up when we pressed him then he said my wife did (not possible because doesn't use the card). We put him on hold and brought my wife into the conversation guy started to back peddle but want us to keep service. In the end thay say service has been canceled but would not give credit for the $14.99 charged. Visa has to file dispute for me to get the money back. I'm sure that the charge will reappear next month. Watch out for these people to scam!!!

dawn1971 Sep 11, 2010

i am also getting charged many times by RN Superpass and i dont know who they are. they were never given authorization to take money from my bank card. i didnt order anything i don't know how they got my card info. i reported this fraud to my bank

• Ly
    Lynard Sep 09, 2010

I was charged for superpass for 7 months and when I called to conplain was told that the sign up for this service (music, movies etc..) was through my Rhapsody account. I do have a rhapsody account but never signed up for superpass. I hope I cancelled this fake account and will call my credit card company to tell them not to let superpass charge anymore on my card. They are a ripoff for sure and I am thinking of cancelling my rhapsody as it looks like they are part of this scam. This all took place between Feb 2010 and August 2010.

Jo Lee Aug 16, 2010

I just found out these azzhules were charging my account 34.99 a month with no authorization. Had to cancel my card and get a new one. What and who do these people think they are?

• To
    toby666 Jul 18, 2010

who are you and why are you charging my credit card 14.99each month. for that matter how the hell did you get my credit card number !!!

• Cd
    cdevansjr Jul 09, 2010

I was charged $34.99 by these scamers.
    I used the Windows software to take my computer back to it's orginal condition & recived a popup thanking me for ordering the real player superpass (I didn't order it). A couple days later they billed my card.
    I didn't have any Idea what a RN Superpass was & I did not fill out any forms to get it.
    I also have no idea how they got my card account number.
    Scary!

• Mi
    michael.spencer4 Jun 29, 2010

what has come of this??? i want my money back too... i still don't really know what it is, but sure enough every month i get 14.99 taken out and i want it to stop!

• Bl
    bluekitten Jun 16, 2010

This is a charge for Real Networks, which includes things like Rhapsody. You must have subscribed to something because they are definitely not a fraud. did you sign up for a trial subscription and forget about it?

• Di
    diegolillo May 13, 2010

Ysterday 05/12/2010, RN Superpass They tried to withdraw from my credit card, $ 14.99 without my permission. I do not know these thieves. Their phone number '[protected] RN SuperPass

• Sc
    Scott Keplar May 01, 2010

I know nothing about this company and have never consented to any credit card charges, yet a charge of 15.93 has suddenly appeared!

Angeliys Apr 10, 2010

You all say that it is so easy just to cancel your credit card and get a new one but do you realize what that will do to your credit rating

• Ho
    hope3rose Mar 30, 2010

i never used their service before and yet they've charged expenses to my credit card

• Th
    the king Mar 21, 2010

i was just charged $34.99 for Real Services and i NEVER applied for it. I contacted Real.com and talked to a rep. and she said she would not charge me again for this service, but she can't refund my precharged amount until Monday the nest day. I sure hope she reimburses me and i do not want to see anymore of this ###! It is becoming rampid here on the internet! One must Watch where one visits online.

Jordayn P. Mar 05, 2010

I noticed a charge on my account for $14.99 for RN Superpass which I didnt authorize. I called the toll free number listed beside the charge on my bank statement, and they stated it was for a Rhapsody account that was still active. This was partially true because I opened the account, but closed it that same day because I wasnt satisfied. Of course, this company said I never cancelled it, and charged me anyways. This company is a scam, beware.