RIU Hotels & Resortsroaches in room

F Feb 03, 2020 Review updated:

On 1/28/20 I checked in to Riu Palace with my two sisters and six other friends for my 50th birthday celebration. When checking in there was problems with the rooms but it was resolved. (Only 1 bed when we were told there would be 2 in each room. I was told I would have 3 beds in my room because I had three in my room but we made it work). We had 2 Ocean Front rooms and 2 Ocean View rooms. After a few days I started noticing small roaches in the bathroom and on the counter were the coffee maker is placed. Since they were small and rare I didn't complain. On 2/2/20 @ 0104am while packing to check out later that morning I saw the big roaches crawling on the refridgerator. I was in shock and extremely disgusted. So it appears that we have been staying in a room filled with roaches the entire time. My skin instantly began to feel creepy and made me wonder if the bites that my sister and I have are from bugs in the room. For the amount of money my friends and I paid for our rooms it should be "Roach Free" I didn't know I was paying $5, 607.23 (Cost of trip for 3) to stay in a Ocean Front room with "Roaches", I'm pissed and extremely disgusted! Of course all the front desk had to say is "I'm sorry" and told me to email a complaint. I suggested that they take that room out of service before someone else is subjected to roaches. I would like to be reimbursed for my room costs in full. I choose this hotel because I thought it would be a beautiful place to celebrate my 50th birthday. I am very disappointed in the sanitary conditions and would not recommend this resort to anyone. I also have video but it is to long to upload.

• Updated by F’U · Feb 05, 2020

Really? If I couldn’t afford to be there I wouldn’t have been there. I have video of the roaches and no I wasn’t bothered by the smaller ones because it was only a few. I didn’t see the bigger ones until packing to check out in the early morning around 1AM. I seriously don’t have to explain myself to you and could care less why you even feel the need to respond to my post. Get some business of your own...no one asked for your ignorant opinion.

• ᖴ'ᑌ Feb 05, 2020

My two sisters took my mom's side and I refuse to talk to them. I told them that I wish that they were dead. My mom needs stitches now thanks to them, and I am not going to pay for them. My sisters said lied to the hotel and said that there were no roaches in the room. When my mother refused to take my side I punched her in the face. My sisters are telling me that I need to tell the truth. That the pictures really came from my friend's house. My sisters, friends and mom are all against me. My friends paid for the room so did my sisters. When I get my money back I won't be giving any to them.

F’U Feb 06, 2020

@ᖴ'ᑌ Bullshit!!!

Dorena ArnoId Feb 06, 2020

@ᖴ'ᑌ We are not against you. We just disagree with you are doing. It is morally wrong.

Dorena ArnoId Feb 06, 2020

@F’U I supposed you did not post this either.

@Dorena ArnoId Stop being her friend m

F'U Feb 06, 2020

@Um is not an answer! We are not friends anymore. You obviously also work for the company or have no job. YOu have 3000 replies. No life, no job. Probably live in mommy[s basement . A grown man living in mommy[s basement. Sad and pathetic.

• ᖴ'ᑌ Feb 05, 2020

I wish I had taken a video but sadly I did not.

F’U Feb 06, 2020

@enececypede Now someone is replying under my name. I'm done! Your the STUPID one! This site is bullshit!

Dorena ArnoId Feb 06, 2020

@enececypede I do not know if she did or not but if she did you should know that her father was a respectful man and would never do that.

Dorena ArnoId Feb 06, 2020

@enececypede There were no videos, this never happened. She got me to take the pictures of my house. She offered me $1400(25 percent) if she got the refund. She did not pay for all of our rooms. We all chipped in our share. She is not telling her friends who also chipped in for the hotel room that she is trying to get a refund. She is not only scamming the hotel but her friends as well. I am ashamed of myself. I went along with it at first. But my morals kicked in. I cannot betray my friends. I am a parent and role model. When I refused to participate in this any further she threatened to harm my 21 month old son physically. I let her know that I would expose her for her lies. I have a feeling that now she won't be returning. She already got caught changing her story.

Dorena ArnoId Feb 06, 2020

@F’U He or she is right. You have no right calling someone stupid when you do not know the difference between your and "you're" I also refuse to go along with your scheme. I value my friends and cannot betray them. I am sorry. I hope we can still be friends. But you need to work on your ethics. I just cannot go along with this anymore. $1400 is a lot of money, but not worth losing my friends and self respect for.

Dorena ArnoId Feb 06, 2020

@enececypede I am reconsidering my friendship with her. So are several others. I cannot be friends with someone who would threaten to harm my child.

@F’U ***You're.

Who is stupid now??

• ᖴ'ᑌ Feb 06, 2020

@Dorena ArnoId I hope that all your kids die. That you live your life in misery missing them.

F'U Feb 06, 2020

@Dorena ArnoId I never threatened anyone. I just told you that I hope all your kids die and that you are miserble for the rest of your long life missing your kids.

@F'U Miserble.

Wow!! Sharp as a cue ball!!!

Dorena ArnoId Feb 06, 2020

I am one of the friends who stayed in the hotel with her for her 50th birthday. She did not pay for all of us to stay there. We all paid our separate ways. She paid by credit card and we gave her money to put into her account. She only paid for the stay of herself and her family. There were no bugs in the hotel room. The pictures that she took were from my house. She told me that if I agreed to go along with her that she would offer me half the money if she got the refund. I told her that these were my friends and I do not feel like betraying their trust. I am not going to lie to you. I admit that at first it was tempting to get split the money. I was to get 25 percent if I took the pictures of the bugs which were in my house, But then I thought about it, these are my friends and I cannot lie to them. Basically she would get the money back on her credit card and give me 25 percent which would be roughly 1400 dollars. When I refused she threatened physical harm on my 21 month old son. But there were no bugs in the hotel room. In fact she planned this way before we even went to the hotel. I am sorry Sonya, but I just cannot go around with this. What you are asking me to do is dishonest. I will be betraying my friends and I cannot do that. I know that the money was tempting. Who would not say no to at least $1400.But these are my friends as well and I cannot go along with your lies and scam. I do not know how you could live with yourself. You did not pay for everyone's hotel. We all chipped in on our share. You are not even telling others about how you are trying to get a refund. Basically you will get all the money back when they chipped in for the room because you do not want to give them their money back. I will be letting the other people know what you are up to. I will be emailing everyone who attended this email.

Sorry I cannot go around with this anymore no matter how much money you offer. These are my friends and I cannot betray them. I do not want to lose their trust.

I will be letting everyone know what you are up to. I just cannot do this anymore.

• Um is not an answer! Feb 06, 2020

@Dorena ArnoId I can't believe they made you pay your way when it was your birthday celebration.

• ᖴ'ᑌ Feb 06, 2020

@Um is not an answer! It was not her birthday. It was mine you idiot. I did not have to pay a thing. My parents paid for m room. They are just angry because I did not invite them. I told them that I did not want to celebrate my birthday with them since the gift they gave me was stupid. They are stupid.

F'U Feb 06, 2020

@Um is not an answer! Do you not know how to read. it was MY birthday. Not hers. My parents paid for my room stay. They are mad at me because I did not invite them to my celebration because they gave me cheap gift. This is my 50th birthday they should have spent more.

• Um is not an answer! Feb 06, 2020

@F'U So your pensioner parents have to pay for you to continue to behave like a 14year old?? An illiterate 14 year old at that???

• ᖴ'ᑌ Feb 06, 2020

@Um is not an answer! More like 8. 14 year olds are more mature.

• Um is not an answer! Feb 06, 2020

So you want your entire trip refunded because of insects that survived prehistoric times???

Don't you get it? They will never be stopped!!!

• ᖴ'ᑌ Feb 06, 2020

@Um is not an answer! Do you not know how to read . There were no insects. I made it up. My friend went along with it. It is now over. I thought that I should at least get a refund to give myself a good gift. My friends gave supupid gifts.

• Um is not an answer! Feb 06, 2020

@enececypede Those were mother fvking sticks!!!

• Hilarity Ensues Feb 15, 2020

these roaches were bugs? or parts of pot cigarettes... cause that's what they look like.