Yellow Book Complaints & Reviews

Yellow Bookcorrupt sales and fraudulent collection practices

DON’T ADVERITISE WITH YELLOW BOOK!!! They are a corrupt company preying on small businesses. I was in court this morning; Yellow book is trying to hold me personally liable for an ad taken out by the company I used to work for. There were 40 other cases for Yellow book today, all against small business owners or their former employees. We were all being sued for invalid renewals of contracts that contain bogus signatures. Yellow book needs to have a class action suit filed against them for their corrupt sales and fraudulent collection practices. In the last five years there are over 1600 cases, just in Chester and Montgomery Counties alone, where yellow book sued small businesses. If you have a Yellow book BURN IT, THROW IT AWAY, IF YOU advertise with them CANCEL IT. These large companies need to learn, that they cannot take advantage of us.

Yellow BookInternet Advertising

In 2008 I purchased print advertising as well as Internet advertising for my new business. Being someone that reads everything I sign, I read the contract. The contract used in 2008 is rev 11/07 and clearly states in paragraph 4 that the contract expires at the end of the term. (term being 12mos) I did not renew advertising in 2009 because I had to close due to the weak economy. A couple of months ago I started receiving bills for Internet advertising. I contacted customer service and explained the situation. She said the contract auto renewed it's self and I had to cancel it in writing . I read paragraph 4 of my contract to her where it states "This agreement will continue in effect with respect to the Internet Services until expiration of the agreement or either Publisher or Customer cancels." She told me I was making that up, then hung up on me. The next letter I received was from the collections department. So I gave them a call and ended up talking to what sounded like a rude little high school boy. Eventually I got a supervisor on the phone that seemed to understand that controlled documents such as contracts, have revision numbers. I convinced her to look at a copy of the form I signed and had her read paragraph 4. Then I was told that doesn't apply any longer because we rewrote the contracts, then put me on hold and never came back. I proceeded to call customer service again and tell my story all over again. I become a little upset and used the words fraud, scam and attorney. I was then transferred to a very nice lady that proceeded to tell me that I was right, all charges would be removed and apologized for the inconvenience. It took 3 hours of arguing with rude, incompetent people to resolve a simple issue. If anyone reading this signed a contract in 2008 (rev 11/07) and is having the same problem I had, you are being scammed. That revision of the contract does not state that it auto renews, it expires...

Yellow BookUnauthorized charges

We purchased an ad for our small business. I mailed a check for the entire year's payment on the ad and Yellow Book 's billing department cashed my check AND they electronically withdrew the funds from my checking account at the same time. The payment was for $1890 so that meant that almost $1900 disappeared unexpectedly from my bank account due to their error. I called customer service immediately plus I faxed copies of my bank statement showing the ACH withdrawal on my account and also a copy of the cleared check. I requested that they reverse the ACH withdrawal on my account and redeposit the extra $1890 that they'd taken from me and was told no. I was told they would mail a "refund" check to me and that it could take 6-8 weeks!!! Oh and this all happened at the beginning of December so I not only had to pay several bills late but I also had no money to pay for christmas gifts. I plan to pay my bills with money orders from now on. Its safer than giving out your account information.

• Nk
          Nkwpt Apr 14, 2017

This Company is very misleading in its advertizing using the yellow pages logo on all its literature.

Anna5555 Nov 09, 2011

Yellowbook charged us for an ad that a 70 year old family member agreed for us to pay. They called the persons house and the family member stated they had authorization even though they did not and have never been paid any form of a salary. We never received a PO or an invoice, just a note from the collection company.

I strongly feel this was a fishing expedition for the sales department. If we would have placed the ad, we would have used the company name and not a personal name. The information would have had up today information rather than dated.

So basically, anyone can say they are authorized to make a decision and you have to pay. This company sales tactic is very unethical and in my opinion criminal.

• Re
          rexs Feb 04, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowbook. I was looking online and found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. You can also do advertising on this website. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike that has a ebillboard and like it. He was telling me that he can go and make his own changes on this ebillboard. He like it because he can see how many people has been looking at this ebillboard. I hop this canhelp you.

• YB_Summer Dec 15, 2009

Hi there -- my name is Summer, and I work in Customer Service at Yellowbook. I reached out to you last week via a private message here on ComplaintsBoard, but I haven't heard back from you yet. If you need assistance with this issue, I'm still available to help. Just let me know. You can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!

-Summer @ Yellowbook

Yellow Book — Fraudulent activity

It all started with my desire to up my business this year, seeing that the economy was going down i thought i...

Yellow Booknon payment

I spent over 15 hours delivering phone books and gas money-before it went down. I was never paid nor contacted to explain why the payment delay. I have tried to contact the company and they do not have any contact information.

• Re
            rexs Jan 28, 2010

Hey Kelly

How are you doing? I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow book. I was looking online and found a website that your business can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike and he has a ebillboard and he like his ebillboard.

• Ke
            kellyknight2 Aug 28, 2009

is yellow book a reliable advertising option?is there anyone who can tell me about their experience with yellowbook?i am considering it and would appreciate any input.e-mail me at [email protected]