WildBlue Communications, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

WildBlue Communications, Inc. — WildBlue's ripoff FAP policy and throttled connections

Wildblue’s satellite technology limitations, the “bent pipe” as it is called coupled with...

WildBlue Communications, Inc.Advertised service not provided!

I have had Wildblue service since about March 2006. It was great for 3 months but then curiously began to lag. It is now FREQUENTLY slower than my dialup in the afternoons, if I even get a signal at all. I get reasonable connections in the wee hours--go figure, everyone else is sleeping. My opinion is that they have oversold service on the beam that I am on, which serves one of their most--if not THE most--populous service areas.

If you can tolerate the uneven level of service, fair number of outages, and it's your only other choice besides dialup, well... just be aware of what you're in for. Possibly new customers will see better service if you sign up after March 2007 when their new satellite is put into service. Us existing customers are SOL since their apparently is no plan to move us over to the new satellite to cut down on congestion.

As far as customer service, I've called several times. Never had too long a wait to get to a tech, techs are always friendly, but they don't appear to have a lot of knowledge or tools at their disposal for helping customers. They have never provided me with a good (or honest) explanation about why my connection speeds vary so dramatically throughout the day.

Even though my employer reimburses me for my monthly Wildblue charges, I am still considering NOT renewing my contract when it is up in a few weeks. It's just too damn frustrating to deal with. At least dialup is consistent.

• Di
      Dick Easton Jul 08, 2007

I have to STRONGLY agree with what I see posted here! There is nothing but dial-up in my area so when I heard WildBlue could give me DSL I jumped on it !!

WHAT A WRONG MOVE!!! I have not even had it a month yet, and it flat don't work !!!

It worked about 3 days, then went to screwing up if on more than 3 hours. now it doesn't work at all!!! I have called support twice and while they seem nice, all they can do is tell me to unplug it & try again, reboot my computer, run a new virus scan, and crap like that.

Then they tell me they will report it and I should hear in 24 business hours . DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!! They never call, service only gets worse, and now I can NOT get on at all!!! Thank god I still had my dial-up service that I am on NOW or I could not be here at all!!!

I have not had them long enough to get the first credit card bill, but I am going to call Visa and tell them not to pay!!! This is crazy!! I sure won't pay for service I can NOT have !!!

Damn, I had to buy a router and a wireless thing for my computer that they don't provide and then find out they can't give the service they were supposed to provide!!

In short: DO NOT GO WITH WILDBLUE!!! IT FLAT DON'T WORK!!!

• Di
      Diane Bruers Jan 07, 2008

I agree with all the complaints i see here concerning Wildblue.
      My speed does not even match the lower package that they offer and i am on the medium package. My big complaint is that they want to charge me for someone to come and bring me up to the speed that i am paying for. Its like saying we are screwing you each month by not suppling you with what we sold you now let us stick it to you some more by having someone come out and fix that.. I would rather have dial-up.

DB

• De
      Debra Kepiro Jan 10, 2008

I strongly agree with all the complaints against WildBlue. They claimed (and still do) "lightning fast connections, always on, no more delays" and living in an area where DSL is not available the salesperson really sold me on the package. Paid $289 for equipment and 23 days later my installer showed up. From day one I have never, ever experienced fast internet. I was told if I upgraded to the pro package that would solve the speed problem. It proved to be slightly faster than our old dial-up. One-third of the time we could not even connect. It became a joke that a butterfly must have landed on the dish. I would call and be put on hold for so long I would give up. I would voice a complaint and be put on hold. I actually waited on hold for one hour and twenty minutes once. We simply quit using internet as much as we used to. After many, many phone calls and complaints and six months later, the system went totally down. Called service and was told that they would schedule a servicecall for us at a cost of $95.00 and perhaps they could get there in three weeks. That was it....I called and informed their retention department that I was cancelling and of course they said absolutely not, you have a contract and you must pay the remainder months. I am trying to warn others....stay away from this company. They do NOT care about service after the sale !

• Ra
      Rafael Novo Mar 10, 2008

I agree with all complaints they are terrible, the tech reps are not knowledgable at all. now with this google change over for email I can not send or receive email since feb. 22 and I got no answer to the multiple emails I sent, I'm dumping them NOW

• Tr
      Tracy Mar 11, 2008

I highly agree. Their service was actually pretty good for the first 10 months, then began to lag significantly. My 1 gig service at times was running at only 70 kpbs. I also found that my power receptacle on the modem was loose, only to find that a 'service call' was required in order to get my wararnty service. Oh yeah, did I mention that a 'service call' costs $100? What a ripoff. Alltel is now offering 3G via cell towers, and I am switching to that in 2 months.

• Br
      Brent Apr 04, 2008

I have been paying WildBlue for 7 months now and have had connectivity for maybe 10-12 hours TOTAL. I have never been treated so rudely by "customer service", ever! I have been hung up on 33 times and have spent more time on hold then I have on the internet. I am going to take a different route, I am going to continue to pay them and continue to copy my chats and phone calls and when I cancel my contract at the end of our year agreement. I am going to sue WildBlue and will get every dime back from installation to monthly payments. Once I am done collecting that I am going to add hours I've spent trying to amicably work this out with WildBlue and charge them MY rate, which I assure you will stagger their puney little pathetic minds! Please everyone take the time to report them to the better business burea and tell everyone you know that WildBlue is nothing more than a scam.

• Lw
      LWCA Jul 23, 2010

WildBlue is no longer reg with BBB. They have a grade letter of D to where Hughes Net has a grade letter of A+. If anyone could find a way of getting out of the contract without paying a high price, please let me know.

WildBlue Communications, Inc. — Mispresented product!

I had Wildblue Internet installed at my home 7 months ago. The service has never functioned properly. I have...

WildBlue Communications, Inc.Poor service and false advertising

I started service with WildBlue Communications, Inc. March 23 2006, went down 1st time 3/28 for 1 hour. Has went down 22 times since that I can document for hours. I was told by installer I would lose signal much less than my Dish TV I have lost TV signal 3 times since March for a total of 15 minutes. When you call tech support be prepared for a long wait and hangups. Then they will run the same tests every time with usually a excuse of weather problems (their end). Load times began to equal my 55k dialup speeds in June. Had a sevice call in 8/2/06 (went down 2 times after he left after doing repair). Had modem and dish replaced 8/8/06. Did not help speed or reliability.

I have asked 3 time to released from remaining 4 month contract. There answer was no!!!! Do not go with WILDBLUE RIPOFF. I have contacted BBB, my Attorney General, and Senators form Arkansas. My Mastercard will not stop withdraws from my account, even if I cancel the card. SAVE YOURSELF THE AGONY, NO WILDBLUE!

Don S.

• Le
        Lee Nimtz Dec 13, 2006

I have had WB for 11 months and the service has been usable for only 5 out of the 11 months. There are constant outages and slow downs. After 11/17/06 wildblue did a system wide change to there service, putting ping times from the 600 to 700 range to 1100 to 3000 range. I have 30 to 50 percent Packet loss on all my data, time outs on web page loads, and secure sites such as our bank, will take 3 to 4 minutes to load IF they do at all. Waiting times for customer support of over an hour, is not uncommon. They have changed the way they measure the amount of data you receive and send again, so it adds up to your monthly limit faster. After a year of hearing it will get better after they put up WB1 satellite ( It went up on 12/08/06) they now say they will not allow customers to change over when it becomes operational. Wildblue is by far, the worst company I have ever dealt with. I'm sorry I ever installed there service! Any other ISP or Satellite company would serve you better.

• Valerie Jan 04, 2007

Wow! Where to start?
        Living in a rural area the only service available was dial-up so when i heard of wildblue i naturally jumped to subscribe. The initial installation went great and the installer was very helpful but the service was slow. The tests indicated we were getting the 1.5mb service we were paying for but the actual operation was barely faster than dial-up. Wildblue asked me to work with them and they sent the installers back out to check the set-up but found nothing wrong. By this time i am past the 30-day refund period and am stuck with the system.
        I must say that the wildblue customer service is pretty much non-existent.
        The service went out and after calling numerous times i finally got through to tech on the 4th day of calling. I even used their website chat for tech with no reply. It is very frustrating to have to pay $80.00 per month with service no faster than dial-up, not to mention the initial $400.00 equipment purchase price. After 6 days with no service, not even the dial up back up service i have paid for each month, a service tech came out and had to install a new part on the satellite dish. Service was restored but still no faster than it had been. I have found that the speed is much greater at 2:00am since most people are asleep at that time. This leads me to believe they have oversold their satellite capacity causing the system to be extremely slow.
        I have sent several e-mails to wildblue since you can never seem to get through to their customer service personnel but have not gotten any response.
        In short it seems that once they get you past the thirty day refund point you are ignored.
        If there are any class action suits pending or organizing i would definitely consider joining.

WildBlue Communications, Inc. — Poor service, rude employees, bank fraud and on and on!

10/31/06 ORIGINAL COMPLAINT: I've waited a few months to write this because I wanted to be certain my...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices