Wax in the city Complaints & Reviews

Wax in the cityUnfinished Services

I signed up a VIP package which was a two year contract plus one year free. It cost me $2100. I signed up in September 2009 and now in March 2010 the company has suddenly closed down. I feel cheated of my hard earned money. I am disappointed that Singapore law allows unethical people to set up business with a view to cheat the public. Also the banks in Singapore are so keen to extend installment payment schemes to merchants and also charges them a premium; but at the same time they do nothing to protect the interest of the client (like us). So the banks and our local government are both to blame for making it so easy for the owners of Wax in the City to cheat the innocent public like myself.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Wax in the cityclosing down

We sign agreement with nail spa in wax in the city. I used only once and I paid by CITIBANK installment for 12 months
    But I understand by today in the newspaper that the spa is going to go bankrupt and citibank still ask us to pay for the installment for $ 123.80 everymonth.
    Please help us to solve the problem or ask Citibank to stop the payment.

Christine

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      • Ew
        Ewa Pinkowska Apr 11, 2010

Hi There,

I seem to have had the same problem - I signed up for the package two weeks before they went bankrupt, I used them maybe 2-3 times. Have you guys had any luck on finding out what to do?

• Am
        AmliaTan Apr 04, 2010

i wanted to fish out the culprit - the big boss behind. I;ve signed up package >1k too, used their medi/pedi services less than 5times and now they are closing down without reimburse us the balance of package. and we have to continue to pay bank for the monthly installment.
        what is the proper way for us the consumer to file complaint?

Wax in the city — Services not provided

After signing up for a package in Wax in the City, bookings for their services are almost impossible. Even if...