Thorogood Boots Complaints & Reviews

Thorogood BootsLousy fit!

I've tried relacing and tightening them. Loosening them. Putting a pair of Dr. Scholl's foam shoe liners inside. Putting a second pair of Dr. Scholl's foam shoe liners inside. Took the 2nd pair of shoe liners out. I can't tell you how bad my feet ache in these boots and I can't figure out the why or where or what is going on with them. EXCEPT, LEAVE IT UP TO SEARS! If they have ANYTHING to do with anything, they'll figure out a way to ruin it.

Thorogood BootsBad boots

Not a complaint on the company itself! Honesty is the best policy! I have had 2 pairs of these boots. The first... 4 months. I bought a second pair thinking the first just went bad... The latest pair I have had for approximately 6 months... The soles on both boots are tearing completely off and they absorb every drop of water. The bottoms of the soles are completely cracked open. 4 and 6 months! Granted, I am a fireman and work in these boots every third day but only wear them around the station and on medical calls. Terrible. would not recommend to anyone I'm very sorry to say. Just being honest! I will gladly send pictures! Naturally, no website trying to sell these boots will post my review! I'm not looking for refund or anything like that, I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO BUY!

• Na
    Nakeita Mar 28, 2010

Reallt what should I do give u a medal wahahahahahahahaha

• Tr
    Tracy Mitchell Jun 28, 2013

We are having the same problem with these boots. My husband bought three pairs, so he could rotate them. The sole is completely coming off the bottom. He has had them for 3 months now. I can't find a direct number to Thorogood. Of course the store we bought them from say go to the manufacture. Well that would be great if I knew how to get a hold of them.

• Mi
    Mikes125 Oct 09, 2013

I wore my Thorogood Work One boots less than one week in dry conditions indoors and the soles on both completely fell apart.

Jose castro jr Jun 19, 2014

I bought a pair of these and they are complete junk. The only good thing about the boots is that they are made in the USA and union made. Besides that, I will not ever purchase a pair again or recommend them to anyone. Irish setter boots are much better boots for the same price.

• Af
    Afoot Oct 10, 2014

I just today opened a box of Thorogood shoes that I have had since Feb. The soles are cracked and feel like they have roof cement on them. These have never been worn.
    I had a pair of Redwings that done almost the same thing and Redwing replace them. There must be something wrong with the chemical in the soles. I will try to send them back to Thorogood.

Jason_Allen Oct 27, 2014

I also have problems with the bottoms coming off mine. They are only 5 months old and aren't worked hard at all. Should have stuck with red wings!!

Andre Ibanez Jul 31, 2015

the most expensive boots I have ever bought but also the most comfortable..however, the goretex seams by the zipper separated after 1 week. I exchanged them at the store thinking it was a defect but 3 months later the same thing happened. I don't recommend them to anybody

• Fi
    Fixright Aug 04, 2016

I've purchased two pairs of these boots and both failed within weeks of normal wear. The soles separated from shoe. I'm super disappointed since I do not make enough money to replace theses boots. Do not buy these boots.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices