DON'T MOVE HERE!!! IT'S AWFUL!
Where do I begin????
1. The staff is so unprofessional I don't know how they stay in business!!!
I never get any notifications, Lisa Marie calls my work looking for me (I'm not allowed to have my phone on at work, and not allowed to take calls... and one call would be okay, but all throughout the day? Come on!!), and when I ask for receipt for my rent they never give it to me... and now they are accusing me of not paying my rent. NOT TRUE! If I had a receipt to prove it I would, but you never gave me one!!! Then they sent me a bill will all these erroneous charges that have no explanation!!! Now I'm being threatened by the staff. It's just unprofessional. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
2. PARKING IS AWFUL!!! I pay for a carport that is far from my apartment when I was promised one right next to it. Then when I have guests or my roommate is parked under the carport I can't find anywhere to park... currently I'm parked on the complete other side of the complex!!! PArking is literally a nightmare... it's really awful when you get home late, or when it's raining.
3. The noise is awful... these walls are paper thin. The neighbors below me are constantly arguing!!! I literally can hear every word they say even when talking normal... you can only imagine what's it's like to have your neighbor yelling at his girlfriend when you're trying to sleep! It'd be nice if their baby would stop crying too.
4. My side of the complex is always dirty, muddy.
5. My car was smashed into, and broke my tail light, as well as leaving damage to my bumper... and the person just left without leaving a note or anything. The people around here are straight hood!!! I don't feel safe here at all.
6. My balcony had a huge wasp nest... and when I called to get it taken care of they told me it was not a big deal that wouldn't hurt me!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I don't want a wasp nest on my balcony-- GET RID OF THEM!
I don't think I can wait until my lease is up until to leave. NO WONDER IT'S SO CHEAP TO LIVE HERE-- IT'S A NIGHTMARE!!!
I know that this is my fault, but I feel that I should let everybody else know so that they do not fall for the same deal. In the lease that we have all signed to live in these "Luxury Apartments" it states that you must give a 60-day notice to move out. This is double to industry standard of 30-day notice. The Heritage is nice enough though to send out some nice reminders that your lease is going to run out and that you either need to renew, or give your notice. However, the reminder does not come out before you are already inside your 60-day window. For example, I did not get my notice until I only had 46 days left on my lease. When I called the office about that, one of the ladies there (not the office manager) told me "Oh well, since you are already past the 60-day notice deadline, there is nothing that we can do and you have to pay for the additional 14 days.
Like I said, this is my fault for not knowing my lease better, but I think that everybody else out there should know. If you are thinking of moving out, make sure that you give your 60-day notice and do not wait for the renewal reminder. If you are thinking about moving in, I would discourage you from that for many reasons!
1. They tell you that you will have nice controlled, gated entry to the apartments. What they don't tell you is how often these gates are broken and left in the open position. Not very secure if you ask me.
2. Try and find parking when you get home from a long day at work. Go ahead, try to find it! You may be one of the lucky people that live in a building that is not fully occupied, but the rest of us have to hunt for parking. When you tell the office about it, nothing happens. Even though we have a nice sign on the front gate that states that unauthorized vehicles will be towed.
3. Go to the pool on a Monday. Oops, the pool is closed on Mondays. Sorry, try again.
4. Check for drafts BEFORE you move in. I did not, then once I brought it to their attention, I kept getting told that "We have the part on order." Over 3 months later, the "part" finally was installed on my door. What is that "part"' Well, it is a piece of aluminum with thick bristles on the bottom to cover gaps. You guessed it, the same kind of piece that I can walk into and Wal-Mart and buy right off the shelf any day of the week.
5. The price. Hold on to your wallet! They are going to take you for a ride! Talk about paying a premium! Again, this is my fault for staying there and resigning my lease last year. For the price that I paid for my 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment, I just bought a 2700 square foot house. 4 bedroom, 3 baths with a 2-car garage.
6. Neighbors. It is not that I dislike my neighbors, it is just that I can hear them all the time. Try watching TV and having to keep increasing the volume on your TV because you can here your neighbors as their headboard slaps off of the wall in their apartment. Nice way to enjoy your evening I think.
All in all, I would not recommend any one to live in these apartments. The value you get for every dollar that you spend is not there. You are just another number and a $ sign to them. Do not expect personalized treatment!