ADVERTISIMENT

TATA AIG General Insurance Complaints & Reviews

TATA AIG General InsuranceCheating and forgery

I availed three policies from TATA AIG General Insurance in the month of MAY '08. The executive over the phone was as usual boasted about the uniqueness of their product, Health Care Plus, which sadly turned out to be another run of the mill product. If you go to any nationalized insurer you may get it for far less than what i paid.

However this is not a concern as both TATA and AIG are trusted names in the their fields, and anyone would like to believe their genuineness. The executive at the time of purchase informed me that the total amount Rs 8463.00 would be deducted on an EMI basis, which was one of factors that led me to buy it from TATA AIG.

A credit card transaction was to be done and you would be insured... voila... not all things come so easy. I was happy as i purchased it for myself and my parents. The main issue arose when the credit card statement came. The Insurance company had charged the entire amount of Rs 8463 in the first month itself against its claims of deducting through an EMI.

I was naturally shocked as I am a salaried employee and have no other sources of income. The EMI seemed to be a decent option as I could manage it on a month on month basis. I followed up with the bank for checking for any errors if any was done from their side, which turned out to be negative. I was told to contact the insurer.

Now this is an interesting part. The customer care assured me on 24/06/08 that they would convert the transactions to EMI as stated during the sales call and provided a reference no for the same. I was also supposed to receive a call back from the company which never happened. My due dates for payment is approaching so I decided to contact them once more. To my dismay and surprise the customer care executives say that they cannot convert the transactions into EMI and I need to pay the entire amount or get the policy canceled. This time to they said the entire amount would be refunded which i strongly doubt (reference the first experience). Few questions and learning I would like to share with the forum.

1) How can a company like TATA AIG employ cheats like those(sales and customer care)?
2) Why the customer care people are so clueless? Give them some training about the working of the company.

Suggestion to the company:

Pls check out for such people who are out in the market to tarnish the image which TATA and AIG has built over centuries. Its nice to be aggressive but at the same time should guard the interests of the customers on whose trust companies are built. For anyone reading this and is looking for an insurance plan for your family, pls do your homework well in advance, or get cheated like me.

Regards,
Sunil Kumar
[protected].

Comment Guidelines

4 Responses
    • Fa
      Faheem Baig Jul 30, 2009

hi friends,

Once when i called the customer care of HSBC credit card they told me about the TATA AIG health policy and my call was transferred to the TATA AIG and the executive explained me benefits of the policy, i did not want to buy but executive requested me too much for the policy so i agreed and bought the policy.

Now listen how they are cheating customers, i falled ill and i was admitted in the hospital due to P. Vivax Malaria. I called the the TATA AIG customer care and registered for claim. They told me they will send the claim form and i need to attach the discharge card and doctor's report with the form to settle the claim. After 3-4 days instead of claim form i received a letter from TATA AIG that your claim can not be settled. I was shocked, i called up the customer care of TATA AIG and they told me it can not be settled because you did not exceeded 90 days, you are in short of around 15 days so your claim can not be settled. I told them to cancel my policy immediately. I dont know whether it is cancelled or not.

So TATA AIG can not settle the claims, those people are interested only in taking money but they can not pay when time comes and they have different execuses when you register a claim. So please be aware of TATA AIG health policy and even all the products of TATA. They are cheating innocent customers.

Faheem Baig
      TATA AIG Policy Number : BTHC1000002870
      Claim No. : [protected]

Mob: [protected]

• Ka
      kamal May 28, 2009

I agree with you.I've also suffered the same regarding their health care policy and now when asked for cancellation they don't record the transaction properly in system and after some time you again remind them about your earlier cancellation call, they will show ignorance and then they will charge high cancellation charges.
      They have pathetic customer care deptt.

Kamal

• Ra
      Ranjan Sutradhar Jul 30, 2008

Please show me details my policy and benefits under
      Policy No-C202184261
      Agent Name-TATA AIG DCS KO01
      Agency Office-KO01

• Am
      Amarjeet Singh Dangi Jul 14, 2008

Hi,
      I do have a insurance policy for car.
      last month i had an accident of my car so i claimed it.
      your surveyer and all personnel at first said that the claim will be given but now they are even not picking p my phone.

my claim number is - [protected]

Please do the needful.

TATA AIG General Insurancebad service led to Policy laps

This is classic case of pro-activeness causing grief ultimately. My car policy with TATA AIG was to lapse on June 14th 2008. I started getting calls from their Mumbai office 1 month in advance. I told them to have the Chq collected on June 11th. I still kept getting calls.. a case of bad call recording at their end.
    I got a call on June 12th or 13th. I asked them to send the collection agent. No one came. Next day too..no one came. I called their Toll Free no. They apologieed and said they will send someone.

My Poilcy had lapsed. I was drivingit un-authorised, and with a possible fine as it is a punishable offense. Then on my complaint, they sent someone with no intimatioon, and my car was not available. Finally I had to call the Zonal head who again was shocked at this, apologised and promised to sort it out.

The bottomline is that my policy had lapsed, my car will have to re-surveyed.. has remained under a possiblity of fine and jail, and also exposed to possible accidents.

For whose fault.

If they had not called so often and promised to send someone, I would have simply droped the cheque. Yes, I am wrong here too.. but that's because I trusted the TATA brand to deliver.

Everyone.. be alrmed.. here's a lesson

regards,