Steve and Barry's Complaints & Reviews

Steve and Barry'sPoor Merchandise Quality

Got a backpack as a gift from this store only to have it fall apart within a week of normal use (most backpacks last at least one year). Usually backpacks just break at the zipper or on the plastic buckle, but this backpack was tearing in the middle of the fabric. Not at the seams, the MIDDLE of the fabric. This happened on more than one back pack!

I brought this back and exchanged it three times before giving up and asking for a store credit or something. However, they offer no such thing. Not even a gift card. I was stuck in a cycle of returning the same crummy back pack every three days of it falling apart. I gave up and just took a backpack, but bought another one from the store across the mall "T.J. Maxx" it lasted me 2 more years before a clip broke.

Also, a few months later, I got a jacket from this store as a gift, and it ripped at the seams within a day.

LOW QUALITY - LOW PRICES.

• Ar
      Art H Jan 20, 2020

Based on my experiences with 3 Steve and Barry's University of Michigan Jackets, I agree that their products are not quality. All 3 jackets tear easily with normal wear. Small tears developed around all 3 of my jackets. I used fabric adhesive in the hopes it would keep the jackets together. The very next time I wore one of the jackets, all the outer shell fabric tore away exactly were the Michigan letters are. What's the secret to owning these jackets? I guess to just hang on a hanger and pray no other article of clothing touches it. Thankfully I bought these jackets off of e-Bay. If I had paid retail, I'd be much more upset.

Steve and Barry'sHorrible store

The staff is rude and not helpful. When I complained to the manager on duty she acted as though her lunch was more important than customer service. She was ignorant and condescending. I will never return to any of these stores. The quality of the clothing is just as bad as the service. I have bought the new clothing from Sarah Jessica Parker. The seams rip, zippers break( before removing the tags) and the clothes literally fall apart. I will tell anyone that listens what a horrible company this is and that if you want to save a buck go to Old Navy. They will treat you better. These stores are "up and coming" and I feel that if enough consumers are aware of the horrible treatment then they will not be able to keep going the way they do. Sarah Jessica Parker should be ashamed to attach her name to any product that is sold in any Steve and Barry's store.

• Ar