Sreeleathers Complaints & Reviews

SreeleathersNon compliance of replacement

Two shoes were purchased on 21 April 2008 and I was assured that exchange would be possible within a week. I took the shoes back for change to one size lower on 23 Apr. They refused to change one shoe on grounds that it was Used. I had admitted to it having been worn inside the house and on carpeted surface for trying out. They reluctantly agreed to change the other shoe as it also had a minor manufacturing defect. However, the next size was not available. I was then persuaded to take some other pattern shoe. I chose 3 or 4 other designs ( more expensive ones) but they did not have the size. The floor manages insists that refund is not possible and that I may contact at a later date for Exchange only. I managed to get this in writing from them (on the reverse of the original bill). They had taken back the shoe on deposit but so far the sizes are not available. This is undue harrasment. The matter was reported to Consumer Helpline on 29 April..

SreeleathersFaulty product

I had bought two products from Sreeleathers earlier as it was recommended by a Kolkata friend of mine. But unfortunately, my recent experience highlighted something which has totally changed my opinion of them.
Sreeleathers is a big zero on customer service. I had bought a pair of shoes in June '07. I got around to finally wearing it in September. Within 3-4 days, the stitching on both the shoes came apart. As it was new, i rushed to them to replace it. To my surprise, I was told that the warranty time has elapsed and they can only repair them, which they will do in Kolkata and courier it to me taking only 8-10 days. I relented, though I could've got them repaired for Rs. 20-25 immediately from a good cobbler. its been 2 months and despite calling them almost 25 times, they are just stalling. Everytime some uncouth sales person talks to me and tells me to wait. Even a personal visit is wasted.
For products that are no great shakes for the money, they really have a matching lousy customer service. I don't think they will ever send my shoe back.
Is there a recourse. This behaviour should be made known to the scores of people who throng their store, thinking they are getting a good deal. They should know what to expect from Sreeleathers, incase their lousy products are to be replaced or repaired.

• Ne
    Neeraj Nov 26, 2008

I endorse your views. I also purchased a pair of shoes few days back. Within days, the leather started PEELING OFF to my utter surprise and shock. Similarly they told me that it shall be repaired in Kolkata and that it shall be available in 10-15 days time. NO LUCK. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO USE ANY OF THESE SREELEATHERS products. I am very sure the company is going to close shop soon if they continue in this manner.

SreeleathersSelling products under guise of scheme and later denying the gift

I am a regular customer of Sreeleathers in Connaught Place, Delhi. The sales man there seeing our regular visit offered a scheme that if I purchase 12 items thirteenth item will be free. This offer was made on 04.04.2007. Accepting the offer I have asked him whether the purchase made on 25.03.2007 will also counted for the purpose. He and the Manager in the counter agreed for the same and asked me to bring the bills of March. Subsequently we have purchased another 4 items on the same day(4.4.07). As per scheme the purchases shall be within 0ne year period. On my scheme card it the validity period is mentioned up to 03.04.2008.

On 02.07.2007 we have once again visited the shop and selected a leather bag costing Rs.1799/- and came the counter with March bills to enter in the card and also to enter new purchase, of which bill was yet to be made. The Manager in the counter refused to enter March bills. When we have reminded him of our conversation, he flatly denied the promise. We understand that it was made just to force us to purchase more. Then we refused to purchase the selected bag and left the shop.

We feel the shop cheats the customers by giving such false schemes. Necessary action shall be taken against them under MRTP Act.

• Pa
    Pankaj Bhasin Nov 20, 2007

Sreeleathers is a big zero on customer service. I had bought a pair of shoes in June '07. I got around to finally wearing it in September. Within 3-4 days, the stitching on both the shoes came apart. As it was new, i rushed to them to replace it. To my surprise, I was told that the warranty time has elapsed and they can only repair them, which they will do in Kolkata and courier it to me taking only 8-10 days. I relented, though I could've got them repaired for Rs. 20-25 immediately from a good cobbler. its been 2 months and despite calling them almost 25 times, they are just stalling. Every time some uncouth sales person talks to me and tells me to wait. Even a personal visit is wasted.

Is there a recourse. This behavior should be made known to the scores of people who throng their store, thinking they are getting a good deal. They should know what to expect from Sreeleathers, in case their lousy products are to be replaced or repaired.

SreeleathersPoor service in warranty period

I bought two pair of shoes on 02-04-2006 from sreeleathers (Cannought place, New Delhi) and within a month time both shoes were got damaged (in one paid stitching came out and in other upper leather got crushed) both paid of shoes were taken for repair on 03-06-2007 vide memo no. 1661 & 1662 after repeated personal visits and long arguments with their executive. The due date for delivery threw courier of both paid of shoes was 20-06-2007 but only one pair has been given after personal visit on 24-06-2007 and delivery status of other pair is not traceable yet.

Even after paying amount equivalent to branded shoes, poor quality has been served and I have been harassed to get my shoes replaced or repaired.

• Sk
    Sk Habibur Rahaman Jul 12, 2007

I went to Lindsay Street, Kolkata Sereeleathers. I have bought 2 purses and a shoe of total sum of Rs 362.00. I have given Rs.370.00 to one of the sales boy working there. Then he returned me 2 pens of worst quality in place of Rs 3.00 & also gave me Rs 5.oo coin. I think those pens may cost maxc of Re. 1 or totally free of cost. This is not expected from such a company.

• Sr
    sreeleathers Jan 17, 2008

Please call me on +919830106540

With regards
    H.S.Chatterjee
    Sr. General Manager

Jayanta Mandal Jul 10, 2008

Sreeleathers has lost its credibility as quality shoe maker and specially where complaints regarding shoes are concerned. I am still suffering from its bad service quality. I have purchased a pair of 01.06.08 and i gave it for repairing on 22.06.08 due to discoloration of the leather. They promised me to get it repaired by 01.07.08 but when i went to collect the same on 06.07.08 they returned the shoe without repairing and then when i insisted they accepted it again and i was told that they will call me when it is repaired. I am still waiting for their call. I am thinking of taking them to court of law and demand compensation.

• Hi
    Hiran Chandra Naskar Oct 13, 2009

I bought two pair of shoes (Description: 74609 of Rs.599/-)on 02-06-2009 from sreeleathers (Stockist: Rony Sreeleathers, 23, Raja S. C. Mullick Road, Basu Market, Garia, Kolkata - 700 084)and within a month time both shoes were got damaged (in one paid stitching came out and in other upper leather got crushed) No importance is receipt from your stockist. Tell me what will I do with this damaged shoes.
    Is it true that your company opens our mail & go through this letter or it takes place in your Use Me Box.

Thanks.

Yours truly
    Hiran Chandra Naskar

eMail id: [email protected]

Mobile: 9330848128

• Al
    ALANKAR GUPTA Dec 24, 2010

I AGREE WITH YOU I ALSO PURCHASE A PAIR OF SHOES FROM SREE LEATHER CANNAUGHT PLACE NEW DELHI, WHEN THE SAME DAY
    I GO TO CHANGE ONLY LOWER NO. OF THAT SHOES THEY REFUSED AND SAID THAT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE AFTER THAT 15 DAYS I FOLLOW THEM BUT THEY SAID NOT AVAILABLE AND WHEN GO PERSONALLY THEIR MANAGER (LOOKS LIKE DRUG ADDICT) MR.MAANUSH, BEHAVE VERY BADLY AND SAID I DON'T KNOW WHEN IT COMES WHETHER 1 YEAR 2 YEAR ETC. IT IS VERY BAD AND SHAME FULL FOR THESE [censor] PEOPLES OF SREE LEATHER, THEY SHOULD START ROBBERY IN THE PLACE OF LEATHER BUSINESS. I STRICTLLY RECOMEND THAT GO TO YOUR NEXT DOOR SMALL SHOP AND PURCHSE GOODS BUT DON'T GO SREELEATHER. ALANKAR GUPTA, MOBILE - 9990815435

• Vi
    viki2sharma Jun 08, 2015

Sree leathers chennai is the worst place to buy shoes, these people dont have proper customer service.