Smoke Assist Complaints & Reviews

Smoke Assist — Overcharged

I responded to a TV ad promising a free starter kit for Smoke Assist...the safe and healthy way to stop...

Smoke AssistFRAUD FRAUD FRAUD

Please read. I may be able to help others resolve their fraud charges. Ordered the FREE smoke assist electronic smoke machine. I agreed to pay S&H of $9.99. I got charged $99.90. I called Smoke Assist and they informed me that I agreed to the charge...WRONG! I told the rep that I only agreed to the S&H. She said that they could provide a refund minus the S&H, but only after I send it back (out of my own pocket of course). I told her that this charge is fraud and unacceptable because the person that I placed the order with assured me multiple times I wouldn't be charged for additional cartridges until 30 days after the order. She refused to help me until I sent the product that I HAVEN'T RECEIVED back to them. I told her I would deal with the fraud charge through my bank. My bank fraud dept is held to certain guidelines through VISA that Smoke Assist is counting on. Because I agreed to pay S&H they have to allow the merchant to provide the product and for me to cancel and request refund. At the point of Smoke assist not refunding then the bank would step in. My account was overdrawn because of this charge so I told my bank that was unacceptable because the charge is fraudulent. My fraude representative agreed to call smoke assist and have a three way call with the company and myself. After going round and round with the smoke assist person and asked her to play the recorded phone call where she claimed I agreed to the charge she finally gave in. I did have to be very forcefull and have my bank on the line, but smoke assist agreed to a full refund within 7-10 days. After that if the refund doesn't happen my bank has enough information to persue a fraud clam and refund my account.

• Ba
    barbaraadams Oct 25, 2011

i sent off for smokeassit three weeks ago.i still havent heard anything from them, after seeing this online im wondering if i should call my bank.and stop this order from comeing out of my account.sighned .confused.email me at [email protected], this is so offencive to me, i have heart problems and im still smokeing i have smoked for 30 yrs. so i was looking forward to smokeassit to help me to stop smokeing, please help me!!!

Smoke Assistfalsifying charges

purchased smoke assist as seen on tv for my girlfriend for a FREE 30 day trial. only charge was supposed to be 9.95 for shipping and handling. found out soon after my credit card was charged 107.77 ...i immediatly called them to see if they wanted to fix there mistake, (with a hurry). she told me i had ordered free gas cards among other things, i told her to go back to her phone recordings and we need to check it out... i then told her soon as i recieve it i was going to reurn it..called agaian 7 days after cause no money yet, she said a refund had been issued for 97.77, ...so i only got jacked for 10.00 bucks my girlfriend still smoking, and these scammers holding my money--i sy to you DONT BUY THIS IS A SCMMMM.

Smoke Assistcancel my order

cancel my orders all at once, I called in to cancel and was adviced I couldn't cancel. well I am out of work now and have no money left to pay you. So do not mail anything to my house. cust. # 1121882.

• Tn
    tnwm159 Nov 21, 2011

Tried to cancel by phone for days but when I entered my phone number as asked to find my account, I was hung up on every time. Finally pressed for Billing Info and got someone. They have sent another set to me and will bill me another almost $80 dollars because their cancel line is unuseable and I think it's on purpose. Now let's see if they will refund my money.

• Di
    Diana Maschari Jan 30, 2013

Please cancel my order, i'm out of work can't pay for it .

• Wi
    wills mark Aug 04, 2014

once again I, m sending this message to cancel my order every time i call no one is avallable to talk states that i can cancel by email so i, m posting this as of Aug. 4th 2014 at 11:03 am to no longer accept any further charges or orders from smoke assistance asking to please cancel ASAP thank you. If i receive any other charges from this day forward i would concider them to be fraudulant and unarthorized.

Smoke Assistcredit card fraud

My credit should have been charged for $9.95 only instead it was
charged for $99.90 dollars . I have sent the product back return receipt.
No correction has been made on my credit card. Please tell others and
close this company down.

Joanne Smart Jan 31, 2011

tried to cancel my order and all kind of excuses from you...you guys need to be reported and shut down, you don't honor any of your returns and as soon as I wanted to cancel you hit my card 5 minutes later to keep me from stopping it at the bank... think I'm going to report this to the channel nine news so you guys can't take advantage of others wanting to quit smoking...

Joanne Smart Jan 31, 2011

I have been trying since Friday to cancel my order and evry department has an excuse not to...went to bank to block this and 5 minutes after i got off phone you guys hit my card... I want this stopped...This is not good business and seen a lot of complaints about not honoring the return policy... Please correct this ... I just bet channel nine news would love to get this story and stop you guys from taking advantage of people who are tring to stop smoking...shame on you guys...

• Al
    ALLMOND Feb 09, 2011

On 1/13/11, Smoke Assist claimed I ordered $124.80 of their products. On 1/25/11, it was stolen from my credit card. 1/26/11, I tried to locate the company INNOVATIVE DISTRIBUTORS LLC and find out who were they and why $124.80 was taken. I called a company with such name. They advised me it was Smoke Assist. I got a hold of them and they advised me no refund until they receive back the product. 2/1/11, I received the product and 2/4/11 I returned it and they received it 2/5/11. Anna, Supervisor of Smoke Assist, refuse to give me Corporate # to verify they received it nor fax my credit card company any information that I am being credited. They hang up on me & I have discovered there are other companies involved. Such as Coastline Products 310-772-0184, Merchant Media 203-567-1099. Mind you, we already dealt with Innovative Distributors & Smoke Assist. There is something wrong with this company. BBB in CT has multiple complaints over 100! . I want my $124.80. A man named David Pourmand with all these complaints and he is noted as the President. I need help. They stole from my family & me.

Smoke Assistnot getting refund

DO NOT order this poduct---run as fast as u can!!! i have finally gave up trying to contact customer service and have filed a complaint with the BBB of Conneicut, where hopefully smoke assist is located. All they do is give you the run around and the customer service people are very rude! THIS COMPANY IS ONE BIG SCAM!!! we have been dealing with them trying to get a refund back since Sept it is now Dec. ! They are scamming hard working people. I will continue to pursue this until i get results!! i will get my refund!!!Do Not make the same mistake we made!!!

• Te
    Teresa Holloway Jan 20, 2011

Smoke Assist aka www.diretecig.com 888-217-9026 Address on the user's manual we got is DirectE-Cig 2338 Immokalee Rd #419 Naples Fl 34110 what a scam...take them out behind the wood shed and teach them some manners...

Jon Lamb Feb 11, 2011

DirectE-cig and all the rest of them are related to each other. I too dealt with Direct E-cig, was able to get them to stop taking money from me only by cancelling my debit card. If you used a debit card, cancel it or the money will keep going out. The address you included and all of the information, was the exact same place I was involved with. A 12 year old girl told me, "No refunds" and you owe us 109.90. By closing the bank debit card is the only way to stop it. I feel lucky that's all it cost me cause usually I don't pay much attention to debit cards. I think I'll just keep smoking!

• Op
    Opi19 Jun 08, 2011

GUYS PLEASE READ THIS, IT MAY JUST SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!

So I saw this commercial and instantly i th0ught "scam!" and I googled it along with scam and well what do you know? Anyways please don't give up on Electronic cigarettes. When I saw that they said in their commercial that it "usually" goes for 99$ I was like "wow, what a Fu***** scam!!!". PEOPLE, these things go for very well less than HALF of that!!! For the better models a bit more, but 99$ for a starter is OUTRAGEOUS and you are getting taken for a RIDE!

Before I began using E-Cigs to replace cigs (pack and half a day for 5 years) I was extremely skeptical. But guess what? 2 months later I have not bought a pack (although I have smoked some cigs but I can count them with both hands!) E-Cigs have saved my F***ing life!! I thought I could never stop and it saddened me so much. I tried the patch, lozenges EVERYTHING! But just as I was about to give up I found E-Cigs.

Now for the info you need and I strongly advise you you try if you wish to avoid cancer or other terminal disease.

1. First, E-cigs are a bit complicated but you WILL get the hang of it. I strongly advise you to get as much info as you can before you actually try them. And continue to read up on the subject as you continue to use them. Also post any questions you might have in a good E-Cig community forum.

2. Find a model that suits you best. These 2 sites have great prices and selection - myvaporstore.com and revolvercig.com

3. Find a good E-liquid (I personally love the fruit flavors like blueberry and grape also I love Cola flavored ones and one called Tobacco Red)

4. Start using your E-cig, there is a learning curve so it will take a little to really get the hang of it. It took me like a month until I considered myself an expert on the thing.

5. Start vaping and never look back.

I have 3 friends who also used to smoke until I showed them about E-cigs. Now they all have one and have quit smoking along with me. So please I really hope you don't give up on E-Cigs just because you got scammed by some F***ing A**holes. It's not worth your life. And also please don't misinterpret me as some guy trying to get people to buy stuff so I can get money or something like that. Because I am not, I have no affiliation with the companies I have listed, except that I buy stuff from them frequently lol. You can buy your products from whatever site you want just google it, but make sure they are about in the same price range as they have them in those 2 sites I listed because any more and you are getting taken for a ride.

Also If you need any help, suggestions, questions or anything like that please don't hesitate to shoot me an email and I would be more than glad to help you out.

• Op
    Opi19 Jun 08, 2011

Oh I forgot to include me E-mail, It is [email protected]

Smoke Assistrobbery

DONT EVER TRUST SMOKE ASSIST!

After seeing a thing on the tv about smoke assist i thought, why not give it a try only 19.95 for shipping for the free trail... i call the number, an the phone call was recorded. over an over again i said i will only be charged 19.95 for this correct, they said yes sir. 2 days later i check my mastercard bill, an they charged me 130.54 for there so called free trail, if you ever think they might help you. your wrong, maybe help you go in debt an lose faith in the business world! Really hope by me telling my story it helps to prevent them doing it to someone else.

God Bless Everyone But Smoke Assist!

robbery

Jamie Hoffmann Jan 10, 2011

To smoke assist Los Angeles Ca. you took $146 out on my Mastercard on Dec.24... I have yet to receive it...whats the prob...Please let me know whats going on...im getting very frustrated...Jamie

Jamie Hoffmann Jan 10, 2011

You took my money $146.92...back in december I have not recived the product...send the product or return my money...Jamie

Smoke AssistSmoke Assist Scam

These people are running a scam! Do NOT order anything form them EVER. I called after hearing a commercial on the radio for a special to get it for free, the only thing you were required to pay was the shipping & handling. Or so they said...He told me that it would cost $70 ish, so I said no I didn't want it. They called the next day & asked why I didn't order & I told them that was too much money and I didn't want to spend that much. Then they said well we can let you have it for free except the shipping & handling. I recieved the package in the mail, and all was good. There was only a $9.95 charge on my account. They started calling all the time asking for my card number to confirm and blah blah. And I, not thinking, would give it to them. They said it was to recieve a $100 gas card, which I never got. Random charges kept poping up on my account. I called them to cancel my membership and everything connected to that & they said okay thats fine. I also asked them to take all the random charges off. They put them back in my account, but them turned aroung and took them right back out! I called again & the man said he could't help me, but said he would have the people who could call me back. I said no, give me the number so I can call them. He gave me a number & I called it. It was a disconnected number. Those crooks kept taking unauthorized charges out, so finally I had to kill my card, and get a new one. I don't want anyone else to have to go through that horrible experience so please, do not contact them ever.

Jonathan R. Koerth, Esq. Dec 16, 2010

I have reviewed complaints on this and other consumer forums / boards against certain e-cig companies, which promise to ship a new e-cig kit for $0.00 plus $9.95 or $14.95 shipping, and then two weeks later charge the customer $149 or more based on inconspicuous and inconsistent "small print" language in the offer page of the website. In fact, in some cases the customers suffered credit card charges of $370 or more within a couple months of entering into what was supposed to be a $14.95 transaction. We are a law firm with bar admissions in Pennsylvania, New York, District of Columbia, Georgia and West Virginia. We have also appeared in matters in California, Florida, Illinois, Ohio and elsewhere. We may be able to represent victims of any such wrongful credit card charges in a lawsuit against the responsible parties. There would be no fee to the victims unless there is a recovery. Please contact me at the email address indicated to discuss your potential claim. [email protected]

• Am
    Amy Stevens Jan 17, 2011

I think that thier company should be sued for taking money out of peoples accounts without their permission. They have charged me 170 dollars and I have not even had a chance to try the product for thisty days. Smoke assist is a scam and frud!

Smoke AssistHarassment

I called for details on the product after hearing the commercial on a radio station. I decided I was not interested. The company now keeps harrassing me by phone even though I have asked them to stop calling me. The last time asked them to stop calling me, I was told that "when you call these types of companies you give up your right to request they stop calling". This is something to be aware of if you don't like endless telemarketing calls.

Smoke Assistfraud

I ordered smoke assist after hearing their commercials on CBS radio/tv. The sales guy quickly read thru all the stuff I'd get & benefits. I was promised repeatedly I'd only be charged for shipping. 2 weeks later I got an 8x10 package with two tiny boxes of plastic cigarette filters. No "electronic" cigarette, lithium batteries, instructions, charger or anything else. Plus a bill that they'd taken an unauthorized $79.95 from my charge card plus $9.95 shipping & handling. Today I will call them back and return what was sent. I'll ask for a full refund and also tell them I'm recording the call and making 3 more calls when I'm through talking tothem ( smoke assist). I will call the Minnesota Attorney Generals office, the Better Business Bureau and my own attorney. I'll post another complaint on this board after I get some results. I tried attaching photos of what I received on this site and it said photos were "too large".

charles9898 Feb 19, 2010

YES CALL CALL CALL LOOK ON DEALSEXTREAM.COM UNDER E CIGARETTES WHAT THEY CHARGED 69.99 FOR IS ONLY 8.04 THIS THE SAME THING RUN RUN RUN

Smoke AssistCharge my account without permission!

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! be warned! I got ripped off, they won't put you through to a supervisor, they're are rude when you're be nice to try to fix the problem. basically I feel they violated me. I did not know that they without permission could charge your account, send you more stuff for something that doesn't even help! I want a FULL refund, to talk with the better business beuro and an appology.

• La
    Lawrence P. Whitaker Mar 12, 2010

You are obviously just angry at yourself because you don't listen. You heard "FREE, FREE, FREE" and jumped right on it. How old are you? Did you go through your whole life thinking that things in life are free? How naive can you be? If you had actually listened to the salesperson, you would have heard him explain everything about your trial and your smoke assist. I tried the smoke assist and absolutly loved it. I listened to the sales person and heard all about the trial and the autoshipments. I read this review and laughed out loud. It's not that hard to listen, and perhaps if you did that more often, you'd be able to spell words like "bureau" and "apology"

• Gi
    ginNjews Jun 18, 2010

You wouldn't be charged over and over again, had you been a smart consumer and had LISTENED..Not trying to kick you when your down, but they CLEARLY say before they capture and after they capture your credit card.

1) If you get the 14 day trial
    ( You get 14 days to try this out, if you decide within the 14 days you don't like what you have and dont want to recieve anymore. Call us up let us know and we wont ship you anything or charge you anything else)

2) If you get the 30 days trial
    ( You get 30 days to try this out, if you decide within the 30 days you dont like what you have and don't want to recieve anymore. Call us up and let us know, we wont ship you anything or charge you anything else. Also remember if you don't like what you have call us up and you can get a full refund LESS the shipping and handling)

Which NO company gives back the S&H. Now after all of this at the end of the call they say

If you authorize us to charge your card ending in (last 4 digits) for thepayments I've just described please say yes.

IF YOU SAY YES...that means it's okay to charge your card the amount today..PLUS further payments..UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO CALL AND CANCEL

Smoke Assist is sent on a automatic shipment like most products of this nature are these days.

You just have to listen when people are talking. Don't blame a company because you failed to do the key thing of listening when someone is speaking. That would be your own fault. Not the companies. So you can call the BBB but it wont do you any good. You can even write complaints on this site and every other site, but what you should be adding in your comments is.

I was a [censor] who didn't listen and I thought I was getting ripped off even though the calls are recorded and if I called and asked for a copy I can get one. Also in the recording they did tell me I would get billed again if I didn't call up and cancel.

• Sc
    scox Jun 20, 2010

After reading this response there is absolutely no way I would have anything to do with this company. I was interested!!! But not now. I am 58 years old and owned my own business for 20 years. ANY company that would treat a client like this and refer to him as a [censor] should be out of business.

Smoke AssistBIG SCAM

ON 12-4-09 I CONTACTED SMOKE ASSIST. BIG MISTAKE. THEY WERE ON THE PUSHY SIDE BUT I TRIED TO KEEP UP WITH WHAT THEY WERE SAYING. I ADVISED THEM THAT I ONLY WANTED THE "FREE" STUFF. I WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD BE $69.95 + S & H. IT WAS TO TOTAL $79.90. I SPOKE WITH MY HUSBAND & SINCE WE BOTH WANTED TO TRY TO QUIT SMOKING WE DECIDED TO TRY IT. I GAVE THEM MY DEBIT CARD INFO, ANOTHER BIG MISTAKE, & SURE ENOUGH ON 12-7-09 MY BANK GAVE THEM THE $79.90 I AUTHORIZED. BY 1-6-10 I STILL HADN'T RECEIVED THE SMOKE ASSIST SO I CALLED BACK & SPOKE WITH JEFF WHO ADVISED ME HE HAD THE WRONG ADDR. I GAVE HIM CORRECT ADDRESS & WAITED. ON 1-20-10 STILL NO PRODUCT. I CALLED AGAIN. SPOKE WITH KEVIN & THEN ASIA. NO ONE HAD A RECORD OF MY SPEAKING W/JEFF ON THE 10TH & THE ORDER WAS CANCELLED ON 1-18-10 BY SOMEONE IN THEIR OFFICE. I TALKED TO A "SUPERVISOR" NAMED TRACY. ADVISED HER OF A LOT OF THINGS BUT BOTTOM LINE IS I WANTED MY MONEY BACK. SO FAR I HAVE ONLY RECEIVED THE $69.95 & NOT THE $79.90. I STILL WANT MY BALANCE. I'M ON THE ROAD WITH MY HUSB SO WE ONLY GET OUR MAIL ONCE A MONTH. I JUST RECENTLEY FOUND OUT THAT SMAOKE ASSIST "SIGNED ME UP" FOR 2 ADDITIONAL THINGS THAT I DID NOT WANTY OR REQUEST. EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK YOUR BANK STATEMENTS FOR THESE 2 COMPANIES---- LEL IDSHIELD360 & LIL AMRN PATRIOT. THESE COMPANIES ARE TAKING $19.95 EACH EACH MONTH. LUCKILY I HAD MONEY TO COVER THESE. A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T & WE ARE ALL BEING TAKLEN ADVANTAGE OF & THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT. I WAS ABLE TO SPEAK WITH TIA AT LEL IDSHIELD & SHE CANCELLED BOTH PRODUCTS FROM HER END BUT JUST TO BE SAFE I AM GOING OUT OF MY WAY TO CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD SO IT CAN'T BE TAKEN OUT ANYMORE. NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT REFUNDS ARE NOT GIVEN. I WAS ALSO TOLD BY A "JENELLE" AT LEL THAT THERE IS NO ADDRESS THAT I CAN WRITE A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO. I ADMIT I WAS RUDE & TOLD THEM I HOPED IT WAS BEING RECORDED. EVERY LEGITIMATE COMPANY HAS AN ADDRESS, BE IT STREET ADDRESS OR PO BOX ADDRESS, THAT A CONSUMER CAN WRITE TO TO COMPLAIN. NO, NOT THESE PEOPLE. OBVIOUSLY THEY WORK OFF THE STREET. RIPOFF BOGUS SHAM THAT'S THE WAY I SEE COMPANIES THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME.

charles9898 Feb 19, 2010

These products are cheap whole sale chinesse nock offs and can be found on dealsextreame.com for $8.04 these people are ripping you off PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK THIS OUT !!! It's the same package and every thing it will enlarge the pics and you will see for your self if you all ready have one look at this pic!!!1

Smoke Assistrun run run

smoke assist - E Cigarettes

run, run, run, smoke assist is simply a low class company that only has one object in mind and that is to enlist you in as many programs as possible, and to make as much money as possible not caring if they go out of business ---- well at least if the name "smoke assist" goes out of business

Companies like Smoke Assist are made to fail they make huge money scamming people and then when people stop buying they
change the name and start again.

although what i have written is my personal opinion i have been in sales all my life and i can smell them (as they say) a mile away. Furthermore, reading how the vast majority of post and feedback are all negative you better run.

do your home-work and find a company that has a track record, search other blogs and see what people recommend.

hny

• Ba
    Barb Ebeling Jun 05, 2010

I agree. This is a scam. I have a smoke assist cigarette that worked for 3 days. I'm no idiot, I did charge this cigarette. It lights up when you take a drag off of it but there is absolutley no smoke or vapor as it is called. This business is a rip-off.

Smoke Assist — inability to return product for credit

I called for a "free trial", and paid almost $80.00 for it. ( First month was sent automatically). Now they...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices