Shleppers Moving and Storage Complaints & Reviews

Shleppers Moving and StorageGuaranteed Hourly Rates? Ha!

I made an appointment with Shleppers to move my 1 bedroom apartment furniture locally. I spoke with Chris Meimel, who was initially very nice and helpful and gave me a great rate of $95 an hour for the 31st of the month. He specifically told me this was the low rate because I was moving on the 31st and not the 1st. I received the estimate, inventory list and all documents in writing via email that outlined the pricing and hourly rate. I signed off on them, received a confirmation and printed my documents. When the time came- at the LAST minute, late on a Friday night, they had emailed me a quote / estimate for the identical service, except THIS time, the rate was raised to $140 an hour and the total estimate almost double. I did not agree to this! When I called to find out what this was about, I ended up on the phone with someone who was not in the least bit knowledgeable, that had informed me at the last minute that "the manager doesn't want to send the guys out for less than $140/hr." That was not the price WE AGREED to. When I asked for an explanation why, I received none, aside from him repeating the same sentence over again. He suggested it was because my move was on the 31st, when Chris told me the exact opposite thing about the pricing. Even if this was their error, they had already sent me the $95/hr the price in writing and should have done the right thing and honored it. When I offered proof, I was just stonewalled and they refused to keep our appointment that we had set up weeks ago, nor the price they gave me. Of course, neither Chris nor "the manager" was anywhere to be found when I asked to speak to them. None of my calls were returned after this either. This is a very shady way to do business, and nothing more than an attempt to bait and switch customers- hedge their bets that their customer has to move on a specific date with all their belongings packed, and will have no choice but to pay their jacked up price. The advertised "Guaranteed Hourly Rates" on their website is an outright falsehood. Would you trust a company who gives you an hourly rate in writing and then switches the price at the last minute? A company that lies, tries to cheat you and then dodges your calls? If you like people who do business this way, by all means, use Shleppers. I would strongly advise against it.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Shleppers Moving and Storage — Lies, no response, no service!

This is a complaint about Shleppers Moving and Storage, in New York, New York. My wife and I recently used...