Roomful Express Complaints & Reviews

Roomful ExpressPoor customer service

Last spring, my husband and I purchased a living room set from Roomful Express. The couch broke in the fall. They sent a Craftsman to fix the problem. The couch broke again a few months later. It was the same problem. Another craftsman came out to repair the couch and left with it not being fixed. He didn't even contact Roomful's cooperate offices to let them know that he was unable to fix it. I am also unable to see his reports. I had to call the Cooperate Office myself to let them know that is still broken. After 2 weeks of leaving message, and not having my call returned, I was finally given a credit to go pick out new couches. We went to the store and wasn't able to find anything that we want to buy and I don't want to purchase any more furniture from Roomful Express. After another week of leaving messages for supervisors (Smaragda, Jennifer, and Melinda) the only thing they were able to do it extend my store credit for 1 month and talk to the crafts man. They are not even guaranteeing that a craftsman will come out to look at our couch again. I do not to purchase any more furniture from Roomful. I either want my couch fixed or be refunded in full to that I can go to another store to purchase my furniture (which they tell me is not possible). I will never buy any more furniture from Roomful because of the lack of quality and the poor customer service.

I should also add that when I had the furniture delivered, I was 8 months pregnant and the delivery guys wanted to leave the furniture in my kitchen and I could slide it (which was 2 huge leather reclining sofas) into the family room. They didnt want to take their muddy shoes off. I told them to just leave their shoes on and I was stuck scrubbing the carpet.

If looking for furniture, please go somewhere else. Roomful Express may have inexpensive furniture, but it is definitely not well made furniture, their delivery guys are lazy, and their customer service is horrible.

Roomful ExpressTerrible customer support and poorly made furniture

I should also add that when I had the furniture delivered, I was 8 months pregnant and the delivery guys wanted to leave the furniture in my kitchen and I could “slide” it (which was 2 huge leather reclining sofa’s) into the family room. They didn’t want to take their muddy shoes off. I told them to just leave their shoes on and I was stuck scrubbing the carpet.

Roomful ExpressI strongly recommend not purchasing the EXTENDED warranty

Bought a cushion chair and the padding went flat within a year. The repairman stated it was damaged "in-house" therefore voiding the warranty which I paid a nice price to have. Where else but "in-house" is a $400 chair to be put? They refused to fix it except if I pay out of my own pocket. I strongly recommend not purchasing the EXTENDED warranty on their furniture.

Roomful ExpressLied about instock items

I bought a bedroom set on May 17th which included headboard, footboard, night stand, chest, dresser, mirror, slats, mattress and rails. Everything was in stock when the lady typed it all in except for the headboard and footboard. She offered to have everything sent by that wednesday and that roomful express would give me a "Loaner" head board and footboard. I declined because i wanted everything to come at once. She told me that the headboard and footboard should be in within two weeks and put everything else on hold so that it would be ready to be shipped when the headboard and footboard came in. I got my credit card statement in today May 26 and decided to call to see when everything could be shipped. I understand that when things are on back order that it takes longer to get to me and i am willing to accept that. The customer service rep. told me that my whole order was out of stock and that they cant even guarentee that my order will be shipped within a month. This is completely unacceptable. Now instead of waiting on only a headboard and footboard to be in stock, i am waiting for the entire bedroom set to be in stock. This is a terrible business practice. I paid over $2400 for a bedroom set only to be inconvienced even longer because now more than two items are not in stock. So now i am sleeping on a futon for more than a month until my order is ready. The customer Rep. said there is also no guarentee when it will be ready to be shipped. This is unacceptable, when you buy a product, the person selling it to you should let you know when the product should be in. The woman who sold me the set assured me that all of the other products i bought were on hold so that no one else can take them and that my bedroom set will be sent as soon as they have everything. I have bought a livingroom set from here before and had no problems. I have spent thousands of dollars at Roomful Express and this problem should of been handled better from the customer reps. I will not be buying from here again.. Terrible service

Roomful ExpressThere is no &Express& in Roomful Express

I purchased a sofa and two tables from Roomful Express. When they delivered my furniture the drivers hit my mailbox with the truck. The driver admitted to me that he hit it and to notify him of the damage and he would pay for it. He told me that I didn't have to call anybody that he would pay for it until I told him how much it was. He offered to come out to fix it but he hit the box and took it off the post. The mailbox is all cast aluminum so there was no way of fixing it. I finally called Roomful Express only to find out that they hire a co. that hires a co. to deliver the furniture. Roomful Express said that someone would contact me within 24 hours. I had to call back after 2 days and still no response. Finally the owner of the trucking co called me only to tell me that even if I have the receipt that he was not going to pay for it. After 2 weeks and many phone calls to Roomful Express and no response. I decided to return my furniture to find out that I can't because of my mailbox. I had to talk to the delivery manager first and he finally offered to pay for my mailbox. Still no check!!! February 21 to March 12 2008 is my experience of customer support over my mailbox and it is still not resolved. There is no "Express" in Roomful Express.

• Ji
              Jim Lip Apr 26, 2008

I have been very, very happy wit Roomful Express. The customer service rep was one of the most polite custer service reps I have talked with and my concern was adressed very quickly.

• Ji
              Jim Lip Apr 26, 2008

You should have notified the company immediately. You are really the dummy in this case!

• Cu
              Customer Support Mar 20, 2008

This is Roomful Express Customer Support.

We are sorry that you feel that you have had a bad experience with our company and products. Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We will be happy to have the opportunity to resolve your problem if you would call us with details.

Any customers that have legitimate issues with our products are requested to call us and we will do everything we can to resolve them.

Please call us at [protected] - Monday thru Saturday 8:00 am-7:00 pm EST or email us at [email protected]

Roomful Express — I will never do business with them again

In December 2006 my husband bought me a table and chairs for Christmas. In April I noticed that the table wa...