Res v Max Complaints & Reviews

Res v MaxInternet Scam

14 Day Free Trial Offer is a scam - incurs monthly shipments over $80.00/Mo. - No mention of this in the free Trial Offer. Misleading/Deceptive Business Practices. You Order this under the Dermapril/Rausher-Bekke web site.

If The Internet is no longer safe to purchase Products, then the whole e-commerce businesses are in danger of losing a lot of business. I will no longer buy anything over the Internet.

Res v MaxUnauthorized credit card charges

Like other people on this board, I have been scammed by the company trading as Res V Max of Hollywood, Florida. I signed up for a FREE trial supply of the product RES V MAX (Resveratrol) on the internet, as their site gave the impression that this product was endorsed by Dr. Oz.
After receiving this product by mail, I was charged an additional $79.95 on my credit card. There is no telephone number or website address on the product label, and now I have discovered that the company has been exposed previously by Complaints Board.com.

I suggest that other people do not make the same mistake as I did, and check out the company in future before purchasing anything from this type of scam.

• Pl
    PLANOJOYCE Dec 18, 2009

What a rip-off' scam artist. I've had the same experience. I will never buy anything over the internet again! So sad, to hurt all of the legitimate on-line advertisers. These businesses will absolutely kill e-commerce for a lot of legitimate businesses.
    Where are the Internet Trade Groups and BBB, and government agencies to keep the internet safe for purchasing prroducts over the internet? Probably the same attitude they took with Bernie Madoff. "buyer be ware"

• Pl
    PLANOJOYCE Dec 18, 2009

FTC - if you cant keep the internet safe for purchases - shame on you. You will bring e-commerce down to no more than a another "scam assistor.

Res v Maxdid not order product

I have 2 charges on my credit card for $.99 each. I have been calling for days to tell them that I did not order this product & to cancel before they begin charging my credit card for complete orders. There are 3 phone numbers, 2 on my credit card bill & one on he pamphlet inside the box. When I call any of these numbers, I get a recording that states the boxes are full, therefore not allowing me to speak to a consultant.

I, like so many others are disgusted with this company...What a scam!

Res v Maxscam - unauthorized credit card charges

Do not order your FREE TRIAL, you will never get to cancel and they charged $87.13 on my credit card, making it appear it was about 10 days before the date I ordered my Free Trial. They have a picture of Dr. Oz and it makes you think he is affiliated with the product. I called immediately to cancel and did speak to a person who said I could not cancel yet as my order wasn't in their system. When I called later, I was never able to cancel, speak to anyone or complain that they are not supposed to charge my credit card. The "online customer support" www.myordersupport.com has a "live chat" and you are never going to get anyone to chat with you, either.

Res v MaxGeneral scam/phone & billing

I got the trial order. When I was on the web site they had nothing that i could find that said after 14 days you would be billed the amount. Today I received another bottle in the mail, which I did not order seeing as I was sick for four days after taking the junk which definitely did not work.

I called three different times and was on hold for 15 minutes minimum. I finally yelled into the phone and amazingly someone answered. No help there, they have all these little answers for everything. My cost to ship the junk back and then they will remove it from my credit card.

Now there are new entries on the Internet, they are using a report done by Barbara Walters which she did not give them permission to use and they are scamming people by making it look like she and the scientist she was talking to were supporting their product which is a shame. Barbara Walters has a disclaimer on line now that she never gave them permission to use her name or the video from her program.

I will be sending it back by certified mail so they have to sign for it that they got it. (With my luck they will probably refuse to sign for it). I have made sure the order was cancelled and will be calling my credit card company to have them put a stop on any requests from the company again. Please let others know of this company and the scam they are pulling with the false advertising and using influencial people to sell their junk.

Res v MaxNo shipments, $260 Charges on Credit Card

I tried to get a free trial of this product and it ended up costing me almost $260.00 on 5 different dates. I did receive the free trial bottle, but was billed for and never received the additional 4 bottles. I tried calling several numbers I came across in my records and on the bottle and my credit card bills, but could never get through. One of the numbers I called was answered by someone in India (I assume because of the accent) and though he was nice he claimed there was no record of my order. I have already paid the $260 on my credit card, and so far no further billing has been submitted to them, so I guess I'm just out of luck. I kept thinking I would receive the refills, but apparently I was wrong. I'm not sure I'll even try to work through my credit card company because it's not their fault that this is a scam. I sure hope this crowd gets caught. Obviously they have scammed many of us under the guise of a company endorsed by various news programs and Dr. Mehmet Oz.

JoAnn Scott Sep 20, 2009

I also got scammed by this company RezV Max. I have gotten over $500 charged to my debit card and a still trying to get the charges removed. Please continue to tryand get charges off charge card, that is our only chance of stopping this company scamming scheme.

Res v Maxordered free trial got charged for full month

ordered the free trial . they charged my account the full amount . iam pissed! and of course you cant get them on the phone or email to try a stab at getting your money back. guess i will have to chaulk the up to being stupid .wont happen again. i will never order another free trial of any kind.
thanks so much for the venting kay salisbury

Res v MaxSCAM SCAM SCAM

I clicked on their pop up ad which advertised a free trial size for $2.00 of Resveratrol which I received. The $2.00 was billed to my credit card.
Two weeks later, they begin billing my credit card $87.13 three times on the same day. I did not receive any more "free" samples. I was billed $257 before I knew it. Only when I checked my credit card online statement did I realize they were repeatedly billing me. When I called and demanded my credit card be credited, they were very uncooperative. DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY ARE CROOKS!!! When I checked into their website, they have written in black letters and hard to read that if you don't send the "free" sample back within 15 days, you will be billed, but they don't say how much this "free sample" costs. They also won't accept the bottle of "free" resveratrol back unless you contact them first for a "confirmation" number and warn you not to send it back.

• De
    Dedee Apr 06, 2009

I have been ripped off by these people to!!! They said nothing about being charged full price when i tried the free sample!! They have charged my credit card multiple times and will not remove the charges.
    I want the credit card privileges of this company revoked! Now i find out that they are doing this to tuns of people. These people need to be stopped!!! I would like any information on who to contact and how to put these people out of business!!!

• Ci
    cindee Apr 27, 2009

I also bought the res v max and was billed the same way not knowing, then when I said that I wanted to cancel they said the 2nd bottle was already on the way and I had already been charged...
    Since I had already paid 87.13 for the first bottle and 40.00 for the 2nd I figured to use it. See if it works I have been taking it, dieting and exercising and I have not lost a single pound. my fat is not looking any leaner. They told me I would loose weight without changing eating habits or exercise iIhave found this to be untruthful... signed going on three weeks with zero results

Res v Maxcharged my credit card

Received a trial bottle of Res V Max for $3.95 which was billed to my credit card, bottle was free, only had to pay for shipping and handling. Not impressed sent e-mail (got the e-mail address from the internet ad) cancelling the subscription w/ in the 14 day period allowed. Well this company has charged me $87.13 3 days after I sent the cancellation e-mail. When I called this company, I was informed that my account was still "active", not only did they claim they did not receive my e-mail but they claim the e-mail address I sent this email to was not theirs. How convenient. Do not order anything from this company. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! I will now call my credit card company and file a complaint to have the charges reversed. This company also goes by several different names. Do your homework, do not order and save yourself headaches later. Not to mention the product does not work.

margaret dudley Apr 04, 2009

I ran into the same problems of all the above complaints.
    I agree this is a big scam!!
    My trial order was not received until 15 days after they charged my credit card for the 3.95 shipping.
    I had no chance to even try the product.
    A telephone # came with the trial bottle and I immediately called to tell them that I had just received my
    free trial. They said I would be charged 87.13 because I didn't call before the 14 days was up.
    I told them I didn't have a phone # until the free trial was delivered and there was no phone # listed on
    their web page. I also called the phone # on the trial bottle and received no answers.
    Did anyone have success in getting their money back????????

• Co
    Cole Apr 28, 2009

Super SCAM! Do not give this company your credit card number...EVER! I can't get them to stop charging me 80 dollars per month.

• Yo
    Yogi Apr 28, 2009

I agree. This add is a scam. I ordered my trial size and my bank card was debited $87.13 2 weeks later. Then the following week, I received another debit of $40.00. When I tried to contact the company to discuss the issue, the phone was disconnected. When I finally got a number on the company, I called and spoke to a representative who I could not hardly understand what she was saying. It seems she did not speak english very well.

• Vi
    Vikki May 07, 2009

I am having problems as well as everyone else here. My first bottle was 250mg. and when the second one came it was for 150mg. I canceled that same day. Now I either want my money back or send me the correct 250 mg. Oh, guess what they still haven't canceled my order...what a surprise. I did call and told them about what had happened and I was told that someone would e-mail me in about three weeks. Three weeks, I want it corrected now. S o then I tried the number on the flier, that came with my free trial order but no one answers. If anyone has an answer to what we can do about this, let me in on it. The sad thing is that the first bottle did work. The 250 mg.
    Vikki

chas666 May 11, 2009

I have the same problem not only with RES V MAX (which I haven't contacted yet) but also with Nature's Asai Berry and Asai Advanced. I called the phone number on my credit card statement for the latter and got it canceled.

There were two other charges on the statement that I know nothing about but I suspect they have to do with Asai Berry since both are (were) in Nevada: One from "www.mycostsmash.com" for $2.95 whose web page said "Temporarily unavailable due to server maintenance", yeah right - server maintenance in the middle of Monday morning!

The other was from "www.selfhelp.com" for $29.95 whose web site consisted of some self help links and a message (paraphrasing): "We understand that someone is posting charges with our EMail address. This is a fraud as we know nothing about such items and we don't have a credit card machine (Is their self help free?). Please contact your credit card bank to request a credit".

These "free Trial" scams are so pervasive I don't know how to address the problem. One of the best ways I've found, relating to other issues, is to contact your State Attorney General's office; the Consumer Protection division is usually located in his office. I've had very good results with them in Maryland.

Has anyone else seen these bogus charges on their statements?

Res v Max — scam

If you are thinking of doing business with this company DON'T. It's a total scam. Customer service...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices