Popular Club Plan Complaints & Reviews

Popular Club PlanOwed Rewards

I was an advisor for Popular. For a while I was trying to cash in my reward credits, and every time I did so, I just received messages stating that the item I wanted was on backorder. Then one day, after trying about 5 times to order the item, I went to the website to try again, and was advised that the website was under construction. This proceeded to occur another 5 times. Today, after some time, I just tried to go on their website, which didn't work. So I googled the name, and found that they have gone out of business. I was never advised of any of this, which as a club leader, I definitely should have been forewarned. It is a disgrace at how a company can treat the people they've utilized to make profits off of. Legal action should be taken!!!

mark2555 Oct 20, 2013

AT THE TIME IN THE EARLY 90'S! MY WIFE WAS IN POPULAR CLUB PLAN!
      SHE HAD HES GROUP AS WELL.
      AND SHE NOR WE! ENCOUNTED AND PROBLEMS AT ALL DURING HER TIME IN IT! THE NAME BRANDS EXCELLENT!
      AND THE SERVICE THE SAME AS WELL!

HOWEVER! THERE ARE COMPANIES THAT DO GET A BIT TOO "BIG HEADED"! FOR THEIR SIZE! THIS! IS RARE!

MariBoston Oct 22, 2010

I had over $900 worth of rewards credit. I was never informed they were going out of bussiness or given the opportunity to redeem or get reimburse for my credits. I also have lots of members with rewards they were not redeemed.

Popular Club Planripped off for rewards and dividends

I too was a secretary for about 30 years and have discovered that Popular club has gone out of business. They never notified me so that my customers would have a chance to redeem their dividends. Yes, some had a few hundred dollars worth. I too had seretary rewards I wasn't able to redeem. We as secretaries have been loyal to this company and kept their business going with our customers that we sometimes had to chase down for payments and spent alot of time running the Club. It would have been nice of them to notify us that the customers needed to redeem their dividends by a certain date. [protected]@verizon.net

1 Response
        Lisa224 Jan 11, 2010

I myself had over $3, 000 in credits as well as several members having hundreds of dollars. I was told that the new catalogue was coming out when I asked whether or not they were going out of business, to which they assured me they weren't. Someone has to take charge of this situation.

I actually found a Facebook group called Ripped off by Popular Club Plan. Here's the link, if you'd like to join: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/group.php?gid=131556416527.

Popular Club Planstealing rewards

I have been a club secretaryfor 26 years.I have sent payment on time, treated my members very well, they were also friends and co-workers.What do you tell a friend-member when they have a credit slip for $456.00 (their club was paid off) and they can't get cash or mdse.I have secretary rewards, other members have dividends, none which can be redemmed.If Popular club wants to go out of business that is there choice, but you don't steal from the people that have kept you in business all these years.I have to face these people not popular club.I live in this town they don't.
      If they think theyhave made a better choice going with Fingerhut lots of luck, there were alot of people ripped off, do you really think they will buy from Fingerhut?

• Lp
          LPJ Nov 02, 2009

I often wondered what happen to Popular club. first the website went down and the operators in NJ began to be very non-chalat when I would try to make orders and ask questions about redeeming my points. Well until today I thought they were still under operation. The last operator told me months ago that the company website would be down awhile because they were putting together a new fall/Christmas catalog for 2009. Even though all my accounts were up to date I still feel the shaft. To all you faithful secretaries and members of families and friends stay encourage because you know the BATTLE IS NOT YOURS ITS THE LORD. LET GO AND LET GOD. LOVE PEACE JOY BE BLESS DENISE from Hampton

Popular Club PlanCommission Redemtion

I have been a Popular Club Secretary since [protected] years

I was loyal for $40 and earned commissions that are now lost as I was not given the opportunity to redeem them-

As a secretary, our commissions had to be redeemed for merchandise and we should have been given the opportunity to take merchandise of our choice to redeem the amount in our accounts.

If anyone knows where we can submit a claim, I would like them to forward the informaiton to me a I would like to submit a claim.

you can email me the [protected]@sbcglobal.net

5 Responses

marty 102 Nov 05, 2009

i feel the same and was screwed out out money that i put on a order, and the company never called me to tellme that item was not availible . I also filed with the nj better business bureuo and was told that their is no number to contact the company by.

So can any body help me get any of my money back..

[email protected]
            Marty Hoffman...

• Te
            TERRI1400 Oct 23, 2009

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE WE CAN SUBMIT A CLAIM FOR THYE REWARD THAT WAS STOLEN FROM THESE 'SHARKS'

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]

Mary Ann King Sep 22, 2009

I my self am a secretary all my clients are stuck with dividens and i'm and owed rewards and dividens i didn't know they no longer are in buisness...They should of told us i have been a secratary for 10 years.

Mary Ann King Sep 22, 2009

I myself have the same problemI have club members that have alot of dididens and myself i have credits and rewards to cash in...Is anyone going to do anything for us. They sent me a letter about monet owed and i didn't owe anything...

Mary Ann King

Popular Club PlanSTOLEN REWARDS & COLLECTION LETTERS

My mother has been a Popular Club Plan secretary for 20 years and we don't now with certainty if they had declared bankrutpcy. Recently, she has been bombarded with collection leters from an agency. Popular Club Plan owes her $600 in rewards and now, they're saying that she owes them money when that is not true. All Popular Club Plan secretaries and members should unite and fight for what they have done to every single one of you. There is a group in Facebook called "RIPPED OFF BY POPULAR CLUB PLAN" & another group in spanish. If you are a secretary or member or if you kow someone join the group.

• De
              decem31 Aug 21, 2009

I worked for popular club for 6years and in 2006 they filed for bankructy we the employees had to sue them and take them to court through the union lawyers to get our severence package, unused vacation and sick time ... we eventually got our money 1 year later... beware popular club shoppers

Popular Club Plancredits due me

I sell products for Popular out of their catalog the collect the payments
            each week in return I get credits to buy things from the catalog. It seems they have been sold and now i can't collect my credits.

3 Responses

• Db
                dbwalk Aug 06, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I am owed over $300.

• Pa
                PATRICIA BRAWN Aug 04, 2009

I WAS A POPULAR CLUB SECRETARY FOR YEARS AND AM STILL OWED OVER $100 IN CREDITS DUE ME. I CALLED THEM TO SEND ME A CATALOGUE WITH NO RESPONSE. HOW DOES ANYONE COLLECT?

Popular Club PlanREWARD REDEMPTION

I too was a secretary for Popular Club for 21 years and was very dissapointed in how they handled their business. I still have rewards worth about $1000.00 owed to me. My club has been dwindling down for awhile since there has been so many backorders and out of stock products. I was wondering if anyone really got any response from the BBB as to what can be done if anything to redeem all of our rewards.Good luck to all.

MaddyB Jul 02, 2009

Hi Diane,

I did receive a response today from the BBB. Basically, they stated that there is nothing they can do since the company filed Bankruptcy. The did give the number and website to the New Jersey Bankruptcy court.
                  Here it is, I am planning on contact them asap, as this is not fair to all the secretary's and member that have paid for items they will never receive.

Bankruptcy Court [protected], [protected], or online at www.njb.uscourts.gov.

Popular Club Plan — Bad Business/Bad Service

I have been a Popular Club Secretary for over 25 years and never thought that I would be writing thi...