Performance Bike Complaints & Reviews

Performance BikeComplete Savings Scam

Performance Bike will give away your credit card information.

I noticed an unusual "Complete Savings" charge of $12.00 on my credit card. I called Complete Savings at the number listed after the charge. At my request they immediately cancelled my membership and refunded my money. They have an automated membership cancellation option but you have to talk to a person in order to get your money refunded. The customer service rep was very nice but a scam artist is still a scam artist.

What bothers me is how Complete Savings got my credit card info in the first place.

What I learned was Performance Bike www.performancebike.com gave them my credit card information.

At some point during a Performance online sale you are offered the option to join "Complete Savings". You may opt in and assume that Complete Savings is a Performance Bike savings program. You would be WRONG!!! Complete Savings is a completely separate company from Performance.

You don't enter any credit card info after you opt in so what's the worst that could happen? More junkmail? WRONG AGAIN!!!

Performance has transferred your credit card information to Complete Savings.

Soon you will start seeing $12.00 charges from "Complete Savings"

Now you have to call Complete Savings and cancel your membership. Hopefully they refund your money as they did mine.

In summary, Performance Bike by association is a shady company. I will be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

Performance BikeComplete Savings fraud

Performance Bike's website provides a link to Complete Savings through a $10 Coupon offer. The Performance bike site gives Complete Savings your credit card information which should be fraud. When you click on the coupon link you give Complete Savings permission to charge your account $12/month for discount coupons.
    Do not buy from Performance Bike or any retailer that liks to Complete Savings

Maryo Aug 17, 2009

Hi wynnyderpooh111:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you need assistance or have questions, please contact our customer service team at [protected]. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [protected]@completesavings.com. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,
        Mary
        Consumer Affairs

Performance BikeTerrible service

Performance Bike is a mail order bike parts company. Based upon prices, I have ordered mountain bike parts from this company on two occasions. The first time I was informed at the time of delivery of half my order that the balance of my order was backed ordered and not available for two months. This came after the twelve day delivery. The order I did receive three of the five tubes were defective. The, next and last time I order mountain bike goods, the delivery never occurred. The company offered no delivery tracking and no offered no ability to cancel. This company pumps out the adds with an effort to attract new clients. With two tries, I have learned my lessen not to ever use them again.

• Tc
          tcolgan Oct 20, 2010

Same thing happened to me. Moreover, Performance Bike does not return my emails asking for an explanation. Won't be buying from them again.

Performance BikeThey lost customer

I bought a bike from performance in redwood, which entitled me to free tune ups for the life of the bike. From the very beginning the service I received was honorable. They would make me wait for weeks to get my bike back. When I did get it back it would be scratched, or they would forget to do something. Then they moved to Mountain View 2121 W El Camino Real. I took my bike their once and will never go back again. They were much worst then Redwood City. They no mechanic that knew how to work on the bikes and the man in charge was not very courtesy they took by bike and kept it for three weeks and gave it back to me without a tone up and with more problem then I took it in for. I went out on the bike trail to find out that nothing had been done. I was surprised because I had asked them to go over the whole bike and replace anything that needed to be replaced, but instead my bike broke down on the trail and I ended up walking for miles. I called up performance and told them what happened they were not very nice about it. To make a long story short I will never do business with them again. I ended up going to another shop and paying for a tune up to get my breaks fixed and the chain, and gears. I was told that it look like they never even touched my bike.

They should have told me from the very beginning that I would have to wait so long to have my bike repaired and that they did not have competent workers. They lost me and who knows how many other customers.