nTelos Complaints & Reviews

nTelospoor customer service

went in for help with my phone not connecting to the internet and felt like I was bothering the four employees standing around doing nothing! they were too busy talking out when to order pizza to help with my issue. when I called customer service they sent me to the store, but the employees there just wanted me to call customer service again. a very rude associate named Korey even rolled his eyes at us and said "there's nothing we can do, you have to leave." I was appalled! when we refused to leave until he found out when we had to do to get it fixed, he called security on us! my husband called him an obscene name and walked out. I asked for a customer service hotline number to file a complaint and he accidently gave me the phone number! my contract is up soon and I will be leaving Ntelos and telling everyone I know to do the same.

nTelosTerrible experience

I bought an nTelos air card and a one year service contract from a local dealer near Smith Mountain Lake VA. It's just over one year and I called to cancel the service. They said I was signed up for 2 years. I clearly did not sign up for 2 years but have no way to prove that I was unaware that the local store had input me as a 2 year contract. nTelos would not help me. They are charging me a cancelleation fee of $175. This was a scam. No one asked me to sign up for 2 years. They did it without my knowing it. I would never do business with them again. The service constantly dropped me. It was not a reliable connection. And now to find out they scammed me for a 2 year contract without telling me. What a total rip off. Stay away from this company!

nTelosThey should be shut down!

Stop buying from nTelo unless you are prepare to pay for the surprises. If you are not aware of unintentional roaming charges such as losing the connection from nTelo tower and automatically switch over to other company towers, that's roaming, and you will end up paying for the surprises.

Customer Service Representatives are ruled and not friendly and they make you feel like ***. Putting up with the contract and there is two months left on the contract and they will not allow you to terminate the contract without the early termination fee of $175 even though there is only two months left. They wouldn't even pro-rate it for the remaining two months which is less than the $175.

If you ever tell them you are in a hardship, they will not give a *** about it either. They will transfer you from one department to another and tell you they do not handle that in their department. If you finally got a hold of someone; guess what? That person is trained to say "NO" to everything that you ask!

Do you want to do business with nTelo? *** No! That's right. Let's say it again. nTelo HELLNO nTelo HELLNO nTelo HELLNO.

I can't wait to see them go out of business.

nTelosTreating customers wrongly

This has been going on since the day after thanksgiving. I have had ntelos for about a year with my mom. When i met my gf, I wanted to switch off onto my own account and have her on there. So we went into ntelos the dude said it was no problem and that I was approved for 2 lines no deposit. So after about a week when the switches was supposed to be made...they wasnt. The manager of that store said you were supposed to pay a $100 deposit. I said that we was told we didnt. So the manager said he would credit us here and there for payin the $100 since we was lied to and that something would be done about the guy that lied to us...not...he still works in the store. So when things FINALLY switched over, we was supposed to have unlimited text, pics, and internet, and the manager knew that...well I get a text saying our account is over 500 some dollars. They forgot to add the data to my phone!! Then our phone bill was 33 dollars then within 12 hours it went up to 221!!! We have been in the store 30 plus times and nothing is ever done. They said to call the 1800 people, who dont help matters at all. They keep playing with us and delayed everything so after the 30 days we couldnt cancel. So we decided to go to sprint. Love the phone I got the selection of phones, the plan is amazing for us and I get 20% off because of where I work. ALSO I was approved for 3 lines NO DEPOSIT! No bull crap nothing. Well now ntelos wont help us out since we have been threw so much by us canceling, we have to pay 175 per line which I dont think is fair. They were very rude on the phone to us about this and I love sprint and do not want to leave them. They buy out contracts from time to time but not anytime soon. Ntelos has caused so much problems I dont even wanna pay it, but I know it shows up on your credit report. It has been a neverending nightmare that we just want to go away!!! We love sprint but what can we do about crappy ntelos?

• Ti
    tiredofntelos Apr 14, 2010

I agree with you. I am in the process of terminating my service with them. I asked about my service contract end date, they told me. What they dob't tell you is that the billing cycle is normally past that contract date, so you basically end up paying them an extra month of service. Yeah, and by the way they do not pro-rate their termination fee. Good luck!!

nTelosConsumer alerts for parents and people with special needs

Before parents sign contracts with their children with ntelos* or any other product and/or service, they need to know what they are up against. If kids aren't responsible enough to keep up their bills, the credit of the signors and/or signees can be ruined in a heart-beat. be sure you get all the details before you sign and/or co-sign anything. People with special needs rely on their cellphones for help in the event of emergencies. *Never sign a two-year contract with them because once you do you're stuck with it.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices