NetOpus.net Complaints & Reviews

NetOpus.netTricked by netopus.net

About a day or so after I switched my long distance phone carrier from paetec to verizon I got a call from an Indian national speaking english that I could hardly understand. He seemed to be saying that this was a routine followup call to validate the long distance service switch to verizon. He got very upset with my questioning him. He then said my validation needed to be recorded and put me on the line with another Indian that I could barely understand. So I finally said yes to what I thought was a switch to verizon. About a week later I got a letter from netopus.net congratulating me for signing up for their $34.95 per month web hosting service! I immediately faxed them back a refusal and also copied the local sheriff's dept(the Walnut Sheriffs Dept. FAX [protected]). I will also call verizon to make sure that their bills do not appear on my tel. bill. Finally, I am revising my formerly liberal position on immigration.

• Lu
    Lucas LeGate Mar 14, 2007

It seems like these guys are trained to lie to you right off the bat claiming that they are with 'your local yellow pages'.

They need you on a recording saying that you are the owner/manager of a company and that you verify your business name and address. Note that there are 2 complaints under netopus and 5 under netopus.net as of 3/14/2007.

• Cu
    Customer Apr 04, 2007

About a day or so after I switched my long distance phone carrier from paetec to verizon I got a call from an useless AMERICAN speaking english like fast food that I could hardly understand. He seemed to be saying that this was a routine followup call to validate the long distance service switch to beijing. He got very upset with my questioning him. He then said my validation needed to be recorded and put me on the line with another Indian that I could barely understand. So I finally said yes to what I thought was a switch to verizon. About a week later I got a letter from netopus.net congratulating me for signing up for their $34.95 per month web hosting service! I immediately faxed them back a refusal and also copied the local sheriff's dept(the Walnut Sheriffs Dept. FAX 909 594-3168). I will also call verizon to make sure that their bills do not appear on my tel. bill. Finally, I am revising my formerly liberal position on immigration.

• Ji
    Jim Wright Jun 01, 2007

I just received my business phone bill with 2 additional charges on it. The company PaymentOne.com was billing me for NetOpus Silver Monthly Fee of 34.95, I called the number listed and immediately was greated by someone I could not understand, what I was able to understand is that they have a voice recorded authorization that I agreed to a service that I know nothing about, nor is my company even listed in their service which I looked through. This is a total scam, and I hope more people complain and get these people shut down. I will also warn the community on my blog and leave information on some additional popular blogs so other people can check their phone bills for this bogus scam.

• Co
    Complicit Telephone Co.? Jul 10, 2009

Can't this be called FRAUD?

Our office admin just brought our Qwest phone bill to my attention and we've been getting charged $34.95 by NetOpus.net for months. NO ONE in this office has ever agreed to, heard from, or has any record of NetOpus.net.

After contacting the NetOpus.net number listed on our bill, 888-296-8076, and asking them for a record of authorization, we were told they did not have the actual bill or record in front of them and therefore could not verify anything. To dispute anything with them, we were told to fax 408-362-2790.

I then called Qwest to ask what they knew about NetOpus.net and the other company involved PaymentOne.com. They were familiar with paymentone.com, but claimed no knowledge of NetOpus. After explaining that did not authorize anything from NetOpus and had already contacted them to cancel, Qwest immediately offers a 3-month credit for the charges. When I push the point further, they agreed to credit the last 6 months (stating that is their limit).

If NetOpus cannot show any records of services authorized or even rendered, how is that not illegal to then charge $34.95/month?

Also, doesn't that make Qwest complicit in what seems to be a crime? They seem suspiciously quick to credit our account even though the bill clearly states "There is no connection between Qwest and PaymentOne.com-Spec Svcs."

So it would seem that Qwest knows something but won't, and doesn't have to, tell anyone except those that bring it to their attention. Until enough people complain and document these issues with their regional PRC, nothing will happen to these scams.

NetOpus.netInvoluntary contract for web site

Today, Jan 6, 2007, I received a letter from "NetOpus.net" 17360 Colima Rd. Rowland Heights, CA [protected] congratulating me for signing up for the "SilverOpus" package with NetOpus.net! I never did that. Who are these guys?

They go on to advise me that my account will be billed through the phone company at $34.95/month!

I called them and got a recording to "call back later as they had high call volume". I'll bet they do if they are doing this on a widespread basis.

I am working on getting a hold of the phone company. I have sent e-mails to all of their addresses. BTW, the web site they said I had isn't there.

Steve Jensen

• La
    Laura Ellis Jan 16, 2007

I rec'd the same letter saying I signed up! I haven't seen any billing come through our phone bill yet but this is obviously a rogue company. They have all our business info and phone number- all can be found online at our website. Did you find out anything on your end?

• Na
    Nathan Delaney Jan 20, 2007

Didn't sign up for Netopus.net service. Can't get through to them to cancel it. Thanks

Sara Hurd Jan 29, 2007

See the other complaint thread about this company at:

• Ca
    Carolee Ogle Mar 10, 2007

03-09-07 Received letter via mail that we signed up for 15 free days of the SilverOpus pkg. with NetOpus.net for web hosting, email and use of the Sitebuilder online wizard . They called our business office and talked to our admin assist stating they were Verizon Yellow pages and wanted to verify our address and phone which she verified and we were slammed. The letter provided our company name as the log in and the admin assist name and business phone number as password.

I called their number to talk with them and the automated voice stated "due to high number of calls, call back later and hung up. Their phone given on letter is 800.507.5288 and fax 626.226.4900, mail [email protected] and [email protected] We have not been billed yet as "we have 15 free days"

We are obviously not the first this has happened to and I'm sure not the last unless something is done. I'm not sure how to proceed, would appreciate info. Thank you.

• Ar
    Ariel Adams Apr 05, 2007

Hello all and thank you for your postings. I am writing on behalf of NetOpus, and want to try to explain some of our actions. I first want to say that I am not going to deny that some negative outcomes have come from our sales methods, but we are not some scam operation, and do offer a great and valuable product. The good news however, is that we are moving to a new phase of operation which is focused on quality and customer support. So I am happy to say that most of these issues will all be in our past.

The problems you have all faced, or have read about involve our sales and prior customer service methods which have primarily focused on outsourced labor, as some have pointed out, is India, among other places. While we give these people very specific instructions, we have learned, to our dismay, that they do not always follow our policies and procedures as well as we would like. A clear example of this is in our sales representatives who are overly aggressive and impose sales upon unwilling customers. We are confident and stand behind our product 100%, and would never intend to sign up unwilling customers. Recently we have just moved to a new sales method which imposes a far superior verification protocol for making sure that each sale is valid and accurate.

I encourage each of you to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments. We take every customer response seriously, and are implementing efforts to attend to customer needs with greater speed. Each of our customers is valuable to us, and we strive to be a powerful resource and tool to the consumer.

I can be contacted directly at [email protected] I will be happy to deal with any issues or answer any questions. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

• Al
    alex sajkovic Jan 07, 2008

I just had Verizon "send back" a 34.95 unauthorized charge for "NetOpusSilverMnthlyFee" and they said they also "blocked misc. charges from future bills" My Verizon bill had a third party billing company's phone # 1 888 934-7750 with web address for WWW.PAYMENTONE.COM;

The same bill had another unauthorized charge from OAN Services, Inc. for 'YP-Directory Billing' for 49.95 - and a computer told me to "call back later" when I called the OAN provided phone # of 1 800 944 9646. A quick Google search of OAN YP-Directory Billing gets some interesting results. The State of Iowa Department of Commerce Utilities Board has weighed in on the matter against Directory Billing LLC, d/b/a USdirectory.com (USdirectory).

• C
    c Apr 17, 2008

NETOPUS.NET-FRAUDELENT CHARGES

• Me
    Meta4 Jan 30, 2011

I received unauthorized charges for $19.95 from PaymentOne on my Frontier bill for "Internet Commerce Subscription Monthly Fee". I've attached a screenshot.

Jackwhitey Mar 04, 2014

Getting the proper documentation of the details of your dealings with these companies is so important. If you have that, you will be covered and they are obligated to follow up. If you don't have it, work towards getting it or finding the original agreements. http://www.centuryroofing.net/services.asp

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices