Web-Detective.com Complaints & Reviews

Web-Detective.comcancelling subscription

I signed up and paid 2.95 for a three day trial. Can't seem to find how to cancel this plan. If they attempt to charge me for a full month. legal will get the case.

5 Responses
    • Tl
      TLK Dec 08, 2008

WEB DETECTIVES IS A BIG SCAM! I was trying to find a missing family member and signed up for the 3 day trial for $2.95. Web detectives says they found a possitive match. The family member poped up as well as his mom, dad who are (deceased )and brother as close relatives. I was convinced until I had to pay more money (49.95 ) in order to get an address an phone number for the missing relative. I knew something was not right! I stopped there an didn't pay the (49.95). However I am concerned because I cancelled the 3 day subscription today and after reading everyones comments it seems as though they are still being charged a monthly fee. It seems as though when we are signing up for the $2.95 trial we are really signing up for a Privacy Chest Newsletter also that we might not recieve any way. So Im guessing we have to call and cancel the Privacy Chest Newsletter too ! [protected] and I think you have 30 days to cancel from the day we signed up for the trial.

ROBERT Dec 03, 2008

I know someone that sign up on here, and they didnt find who the were looking for.However they still got charged that monthly fee even though they cancelled!!!
      Watch and pay attention to what you are looking at on the world wide web, you will be SCAMED and SUCKERED into something you dont want or need!!!

• Ta
      Tammy Babb Nov 04, 2008

I to fell into the "Web" of web detectives,
      Before I joined I tryed there "search" and screen said"Positive Match" so like anyone I paid, Bad idea, After paying did the search again, No Match is what I recieve'd, I called Customer Service and they told me we cant be absolute, ok fine but dont put a positve match if there isnt one, So I canceled on the spot, Thanks for letting me vent, Tammy

• Sp
      Spectrum Oct 18, 2008

While I know how you feel about not being able to find a cancel option within a site. However, I was able to find one as soon as I pulled up their website and read through their terms. While it probably a little bit too late, as it is past your 2 days. But here is the cancel option: http://www.web-detective.com/cancel.aspx

When you want to look at canceling sites during a trial. You really need to look everywhere and I mean everywhere. They do tend to hide them at times. Usually their found within the terms page.

And on the legal note. You really can't do anything there. While you say that you didn't authorize the charge, you did. When you signed up for the site, you are entering an agreement with them, unless YOU cancel.

• Li
      Lisa Hiles Sep 09, 2008

I used the 'free search' and paid a fee for the 3 day trial which i cancelled in 1 day. I did not authorize a charge of over 38.00 from my account.

Web-Detective.comSite dosn't work can't sign in

I paid 39.95 for a years membership, I have confirmation that they recieved payment. After which I have been unable to enter the website. Even when I tried to work on the sight last night, I could not access any information. I just thought that it was a glitch and logged off. Now I can't get in, nor can I get ahold of anybody

7 Responses
      • Ke
        Kelly Cook Karnuth Feb 21, 2016

Hi, My name is Kelly. I paid for Web Detective life time membership like 20 years ago. I had contacted them at one point because my log in didn't work. I got a new password. It worked but, again when trying to log in years ago however. I can't seem to find the site to log in. Doing research in trying to figure out who to contact for access to my account. Have you found out any information on your lifetime membership you can pass my way.

Thanks,
        Kelly Cook

• margaret56 Mar 31, 2010

i paid for life time membership to.I think we got ripped off
        margaret

• Ta
        tapchs Mar 09, 2010

I have the lifetime membership but I can't find the website, when I try to log in, it says website not found.Oh well, another one bites the dust.
        Tom

jodi shannon Nov 04, 2008

I want to cancel my subscription. I thought I purchase a 1 time trial and can't stop the charges. I can't seem to sign in to contact anyone to cance.

• Sh
        sharon stevens Sep 22, 2008

I want to cancel my order #[protected]

• Su
        susan Sep 14, 2008

This says it is a web site that says it can find phone numbers for you--when it couldn't find anything I decided to try my own name and it and it couldn't find me either!! This web site does not seem to do what it says it will. DO NOT USE WEB DETECTIVE!

• El
        elaine bosler Jul 17, 2008

Why cant I log in-

Web-Detective.comSCAM - Deceptive Sales Practices

Lured by promise of many search hits, I signed up for Web Detective Pro, 3 day trial for $2.95. But when I used the site, there were not hits at all. I mmediately contacted them within the hour via their website cancellation link. I received an email from Savannah Richards, Client Relations Mgr., Web Detective Pro - Razoreye Media Group confirming my cancellation, and there was no charge to my credit card. However on June 4, 2008, I received an email for a $38.83 recurring monthly charge to my credit card for The Privacy Chest. I never received a newsletter or anything else in the mail during the supposed "30 day trial", so my position is that I was never in the trial period and own them nothing. Finally reached them on June 6th via [protected] number to cancel The Privacy Chest, and i demanded cancellation and a credit. The call center rep confirmed the cancellation but said she would refer the credit to their billing department. On June 7th, I received the following email:

Refund Request
      Our Answer

6/7/2008 2:05:12 AM

Thank you for contacting the Razoreye Media Group.

At the time you made your Web D Pro purchase you also opted in for a trial subscription to The Privacy Chest which includes a monthly newsletter devoted to education and prevention around identity theft, as well as a proactive identity theft protection service. The Privacy Chest and Web Detective Pro are two completely separate products.

The order information for TPC was on the same order page for Web Detective Pro. If you signed up for a trial membership, you were also given the option for the free trial issue of The Privacy Chest.

You chose to accept the free trial issue, and as clearly stated on the order form, receipt and confirmation email, your trial subscription does roll over into a monthly recurring subscription if you do not cancel within the 30 days after the initial signup date.

The Privacy Chest was delivered via first class mail to the address you provided at the time of purchase. On that issue were clear instructions to cancel The Privacy Chest if you wished to do so.

As indicated in the newsletter and the greeting message, you had the option to cancel your Privacy Chest subscription at any time by calling our toll-free number.

The Privacy Chest membership was not cancelled so you were charged accordingly, these charges are non-refundable but we have removed your subscription from the recurring billing feature so no further monthly charges will be placed.

We are truly sorry to hear you have not found our product to be useful for your purposes, any feedback you may have that would allow us to improve our product for future clients would be greatly appreciated!

Should you wish to remove your email address from our database please visit:

http://support.razoreye.com/ and use the link provided.

Thank you. Should you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Johnny James

Note there is no apology for their deceptive business practices or acknowledgement that I never received a trial copy. So I called American Express customer service and they gave me an immediate credit, opened a dispute, and told me they would take care of it.

LESSON LEARNED: NEVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH RAZOREYE MEDIA GROUP, which according to their website is based in Calgary Canada but uses Florida phone numbers and is part of Pandomar Management based in Miami FL.

Respond

Web-Detective.comUnauthorized charges

Bought a 2.95 3 days membership to web-detective.com, after I realize I was charge 39.95 on my account while in pending status, call them to cancel the account on the automotive system, 7 days after the 3 days trial, also the next month I was charge another 39.95 under a different website rmgmembership.com, contact bank and was told the transaction was done by the same company, also I have to cancel my ATM card to avoid any other charges, advice to anyone reading this, always use a Visa or Mastercard at the time of purchase not an ATM card and never a bank account number, Visa and Mastercard will credit your account and charge back the seller.

9 Responses
          • Di
            DIANA KING Oct 09, 2008

I FELL FOR THE SCAM, I SIGNED UP GAVE MY DEBIT CARD # AND GOT A MESSAGE SAYING I WOULD BE GETTING A E-MAIL TELLING ME HOW TO ACESS THE SITE TO GET THE INFORMATION I WANTED WELL I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THAT E-MAIL TO THIS DAY. I CALLED THE #[protected] AND WAS TOLD THAT #DIDN'T EXIST. CALLED 1-[protected] AND TALKED TO SOME ASIAN GUY I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHEN I GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HIM I SWEAR I HAD A HEADACHE. HE SAID HE COULDN'T FIND MY E-MAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OF MY INFORMATION, SO I FINALLY CALLED MY BANK SO HAPPENS WE HAVE NEW DEBIT CARDS WHICH I DIDNOT USE WHEN I GAVE THEM MY BANKCARD # SO WE DON'T THINK IT WILL GO THRU BUT IT IS A SCAM TRULY .

Robert Wertis Oct 01, 2008

I called the company when I found out the trial period involved a charge. I was told that the charge wold be recinded but I find it on my monthly statement. What is going on -- some sort of scam.

• Di
            Dia Lanman Jul 09, 2008

I only signed up the first few days in June the 6th I believe and have had charges from RMGMEMBERSHIP ONE $38.83 AND ONE ##(.95 + THE $2.95 nd also a couple other companies have joined in on my small adventure already enfging over a $100.00.

I also have not found a direct phone # to call back to cancel...how is that??? My bank said I could pay them @28.00 to do a stop payment that is for checks and the next thing is to get new debit catds because I do not have credit cards..

What a crock for wanting some information.

• Je
            jessica looney Jul 07, 2008

I have been charged four times for a one time trial that was to be only the cost of 2.99 for the one time use. I have been charge 38.33 twice in one month and i want it to stop now.

Ron Beers Jun 18, 2008

I also fell for this old scam. I have reported the company and it's deceitful trade practices to the US Federal Trade Commission and the Canadian Trade Commission.

Janet Parry Jun 18, 2008

I did the exact same thing. Paid for a $2.95 search and now have been billed for 2 months at $38.83 each time. I put it on my credit card and spoke with VISA and they said I don't have to pay the charges until they look into this.

They (VISA) thought it was very odd that their charge came through with no contact phone number like the other legitimate charges.

• Su
            suzanne bowers Jun 04, 2008

I totally agree only diff is I cancelled with in 1 hour they charged my credit card 5 weeks after the fact now new credit card is on the way in my opinion the internet is getting harder and harder to try and order anything with out these kind of cockroaches scurring out of our cpu monitors and yes I did all the right things and still got burned Iam about to use the old land line for ANY orders or just go back to land line and snail mail

• Ly
            lynda farmer Jun 03, 2008

How can you charge me the same amount in one month under two differen names; rmgmembership.com andweb-detective.com. I stoped the service befor the free month was up. I want these charges credit back to my visa card. please let me know when this has been done.

• Sh
            Sharon Bell May 29, 2008

You are supposed to be crediting my Debit Card and you charged me even more ($38.33) now. Why can't you people quit charging me and recognize I cancelled the Web Dectective before the trial was over. I want to hear from you today and know you will credit both charges back to me asap!!!

Web-Detective.com — SCAM - Unauthorized charges

After having successfully navigated Internet commerce without a problem for almost fifteen years, I finally...

Web-Detective.com — Scam!

I was trying to locate a person. When I went to the website, and was offered a "free" search, and was advised...