Nationwide Moving Services Complaints & Reviews

Nationwide Moving ServicesWONDERFUL SERVICE AND AWESOME MOVERS!!

I have nothing but good things to say about this company. My husband and I moved from Texas to Mississippi, we choose Nationwide Moving Services because they could meet the days that we requested. We had to be picked up on November 10th and dropped off on November 13th in the morning. Those dates could not be delayed by even a day since we had a flight schuduled the night of the 13th for our honeymoon. Nationwide was there ON TIME and also delivered at 7am sharp the morning of the 13th. They were so GREAT with our belongings and they were so kind! THEY WERE SO AWESOME!

Respond

Nationwide Moving ServicesAwful company

I would like to post this review as I have no other choice but to try to help people NOT make the same mistake I made. I contracted nationwide moving services for my move from Virginia to Texas in the middle of August and was told specifically by stephanie my salesperson that it would be THEIR truck picking up our belongings. LIES!!! A contractor for another company that did not even have a name on a rented rider truck picked up our stuff.

Needless to say we called the company and they said it was one of their contractors and they were great and everything would be fine. We let them load the truck and halfway through the loading process we found that our stuff was not going to fit even 1/2 of our stuff and were told by the driver that it happens quite frequently as this company always lowballs their estimates to make the price lower and attractive and in the end we the customer get hit over the head with over estimate fees which was obviously the case as we were apparently 3, 750 lbs. over the estimate for an overcharge of $1, 500.00 to now bring our total to $3, 750.00.

When I contacted the company for an answer all of a sudden everyone disappeared and when we finally got someone on the phone she politely told me 'you did the item list and you underestimated it so now you have to pay the fees read your contract' the movers did an o.k job and just a few things were damaged but it was the total lack of customer service and blatant low ball estimate that really makes me angry. I should have known better because every other quote was in the higher weight range but these people sounded so convincing. Shame on me and shame on you if you are lured in by this companies great tactics.

3 Responses
      • Aa
        aagh Jun 17, 2016

I used Nationwide Moving Services for a move for my father and was completely shocked and devastated at how poorly I was treated AFTER they got their money. I was promised several things and encouraged to contact the customer service representative with ANY and ALL concerns; however, I gave my deposit, they blocked all calls to the representative and didn't keep any of the promises they guaranteed. They denied it all! I was completely apalled and disgusted. I was totally taken advantage of, stolen from and treated with complete disregard. They are a broker and had even denied that when I initially signed up! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY to save yourself a LOT of grief.

• Br
        BrittanyHenley Jan 08, 2009

I was moving in with my brother and refused to move myself all the way to Oklahoma from Maine so i decided to let Nationwide Moving Services move my belongings and they were worth the money it cost me. I have forwarded their name to my brothers company so hopefully they will start a contract with them. If you thinking about using Nationwide, go for it!

• Me
        memphis08 Dec 30, 2008

I had a very bad experience with Nationwide Moving Services. For some reasons I had to cancel my move with them and once I did that their whole attitude changed. Its been a week since I asked them to cancel the move and I still didn't receive the refund. Everytime I call they give a different reason and delay it.

Nationwide Moving ServicesAwful everything

We use this company and have pretty bad experience similar to others here. Not much damages little things but nothing very bad. my main concerns center around different movers coming to pick us up than supposed to. I was told it was there truck to pick up my luggage and no such services happened.

Nationwide moving services is a broker with maybe 1 truck but that truck was not picked me up!! Quick easy movers pick us up and charged us more by $475.00 and taking almost 2 week to deliver our belongings instead of 5 days like promised.

1 Response
        • Ha
          Hailey George Dec 01, 2008

I actually used Nationwide Moving Services about a month and a half ago and they were very good. The one thing that I liked about them the most was the kindness and flexability of being able to get everything done so fast. I am married to a marine and he is stationed in Iraq right now so they had to move everything on my schedule which they did and I can't thank them enough for that. I will use this company again.