Mowers Direct Complaints & Reviews

Mowers Directthe shipping company they use (saia) is horrible

Just had a riding mower delivered buy saia (tracking [protected]-0). Horrible experience!! Paid extra for lift gate service. There was no way this poor driver was going to get this thing off the truck alone even with the lift gate!! I feel the terminal manager should have known this and made other arrangements. If it wasn't for the kindness of neighbors the damn thing would still be on the truck!!

Mowers Directmisrepresentation

ordr lmd1539404/ After ordering a six thousand dollar mower earlier this year, I feel I am not being treated like a valuable customer. The mower I bought was not balanced or the deck was not level ultimately tearing up two belts in a short time frame at 100.00 per belt. I absorbed the cost of the belts after identifying the problems with the mower without a complaint to the company. I recently ordered a leaf catcher for the mower that was supposed to be delivered today between 12 and four. I was told to have help to unload it, so I hired help to be here during the time I was told .I didn't hear from the trucking co, so I tried to call them twice and was put on long holds . They didn't know any information about where the order was or when it would be delivered. My help stayed till five but to no avail. When I called Mowers direct, I was told I could pay another 50 dollars for a lift gate. You would think customers would have some value to them and they would have absorbed the expense. To make things more upsetting, I was told to refuse it I would be charged 230.00 .That would make my expenses 330 dollars for nothing in return. This kind of treatment to customers is unacceptable . Attitudes and policies have changed and not for the good of the people .

Mowers Directmagnum 2550ko

Ordered a $5, 500 zero turn mower from them. Mower arrived, I uncrated it and started it (didn't put gas in it or anything else). Started fine, but whenever I engaged the pto, took off the parking brake, or took it out of neutral, it died. Called mower's direct. They basically said it was an issue to bring up to the manufacturer, not their problem. When I asked for return authorization they said no, the mower had gas in it and couldn't be shipped. The mower also had the tachometer wire cut and then wrapped around the spark plug wire and the right arm rest on upside down and backwards. They won't even provide a contact for their administration or legal departments. A week later i've replaced the kill switch harness to at least get it to move, but the arm rest is messed up, the tach wire is still disconnected, and the mower doesn't track properly. Don't buy from this company. Complete lack of responsibility. They also operate as power equipment direct.

Mowers Directsales practices

Do not trust mowers direct prices or their promotions! I ordered a rather expensive husquavarna lawn tractor ($2500) through them, thinking I was getting a good buy and great service.in the long run, I could have purchased the tractor locally at the same price and it would have been set up for me and ready to run. Here I am two days later, still struggling to uncrate it, and I was told all I had to do was connect the battery and drive it off the pallet, far from the truth. The bolts for the brush guard didn't even fit the holes, there are no instructions for installing the battery and the mower cannot be driven off the pallet since there is a purge process before it can be driven. I am almost 70 years old and cannot move this 580 pound mower to level ground. I regret not having read the company reviews on their own website, prior to ordering.

I was told they were offering an interest free payment plan through synchrony financial and I should apply and call back. I did so and was immediately approved. I received the tractor and the credit card on the same date. When I activated the card, I found I was being billed $200 more than the invoice showed. After several phone calls and a few emails, I was told those were promotional fees from synchrony. How is this interest free for 42 months? This was certainly not something the salesman mentioned but synchrony told me mowers direct was well aware of the fees. I have two other accounts through synchrony and no fees were ever tacked on. Perhaps I should have been more careful reading the user agreement, but with two other accounts and no problems, why would i? I believe this was deliberate on the part of mowers direct and personally feel it is a form of consumer fraud. Had I been told about these fees, I would have either paid cash or shopped local. Neither mowers direct or synchrony financial are willing to do anything about this. I will be contacting the attorney general in my state, the bbb and any consumer fraud agencies I can locate.

Mowers Directreturn policy

I ordered an electric mower one evening online from mowers direct. I realized I ordered the wrong kind (I needed self-propelled instead of push) and called them back up as soon as they opened the next morning. I was told the order would be cancelled. However, 3 hours later I get an email saying the order cannot be cancelled as it had shipped. Two hours after this email I get another email saying the order shipped. So the order had not shipped when I had called five hours earlier to cancel. Several days later, when I went to find the email, (sent through their website) I noticed that the notice that the order had shipped five hours after I called had been deleted. Not only did I have to pay $95 return shipping, insurance and for a signature for receipt, I had to pay their $23 shipping fee and a restocking fee of $80+! I didn't even open the package! So I was out about $200! I sent letters and emails but there was no response from mowers direct.in fact, a month after I shipped it back I got an email saying they did not receive it. Luckily I had a tracking number and the signature of receipt. This was a very bad experience. This company is not customer friendly and may be unethical (re: shipping notification five hours after I cancelled was deleted so I could not prove my case.). I will never order a large item online again, nor will I ever order from this company again. Be careful when ordering from this company, because if you need to return an item it will cost you a lot!