LA Weight Loss Complaints & Reviews

LA Weight LossScam charges

Lose all the weight you can for $3.00 per week! Wow sounds good to me. Get there whisked into an office, weighed, fill out all personal and financial information. Next totally duped by the hard sell techniques coming from not 1 but 2 and 3 counselors (so they are called) in lab coats. I never got the blood test they include in the program. I kept asking and got all sorts of excuses. I know now they were NOT QUALIFIED. Being disabled, I really don't have the money to pay other than the $3.00 weekly. I walk out of there having paid $324.00 PLUS the REQUIRED COST OF LA LITES $1, 720.00 applied to a credit card they sold me. Here is the best part..I found out online they are closing 1/4/08.

I go to the center and learn from the now tough luck attitude of the staff that everybody is SOL and first come first serve, wait in line, maybe the UPS Guy will bring the product(which has limited shelf life) for the $1, 200+ LA Lites they owe me; not to mention the leftover weeks of maintenance that have not been used.

For those weeks they gave us a form and said maybe we will get reimbursed. Unfortunately I paid off that credit card so I wouldn't get slammed with the deferred interest along with the 24% annual rate. Those thieves made millions on us unsuspecting innocent consumers. JUSTICE PLEASE BE SERVED AT ONCE!!! Thanks, FTC, ATTY GENERAL and CONSUMER AFFAIRS HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED.

• Re
      rebecca smith Jan 26, 2009

LA Weight loss took my money and ran literally
      They offered a 24 month plan which I paid for. Then they up and closed their office I am out alot of money

• Re
      rebecca smith Jan 26, 2009

I paid for 24 months at LA Weight Loss
      They tried to sell products everytime they saw me--I never got any counseling. They up and closed their office and they owe me 16 months of service I paid for. They never even said they were closing.
      Took my money and ran!

• La
      LAURIE THORPE Dec 27, 2008

Now that all the walk in sites have closed and You are told to go to the on line site or call in good luck. Out or calling in for 5 wks I was lucky enough to get to a real person once and that did me no good they had no apt time for me and said they would call me back no luck. I want my money back and I'm mad!

• Do
      Dominic Dec 25, 2008

I purchased this program and with in 4 months I lost 30 lbs I stayed with the program and I did lose up to forty lbs, but I ran out of time and renewed my contract. I was called to come and get my product but the store had closed and I was out of my products and my extended program.

LA Weight Loss — Business closed

I am/was a client at La Weight Loss center in Duluth, MN and they suddenly closed giving me a 3 day notice...

LA Weight LossFraud

My daughter cancelled her program the same day she enrolled, she paid 389.00 dollars of her hard earned money. She regretted joining, she made a big mistake. Her bills are her first priority, and had to think twice about spending this much money. Now no one seems interested in helping her get her money back. I called and asked for the corp. number and was spoken to very rudely. There is no way these people want to reimburse her. Is this the way everyone is treated? Is there anyone out there that can help us?

LA Weight LossTerrible company!

I joined LA Weight Loss in 2017 and after a few months had to stop due to illness. I was never contacted when the Monterey Office closed suddenly. When calling the 800 number I was referred to a lady by the name of Rashida in Los Angeles. I called her several times, refaxed her my doctor's note, and she promised a refund. Unfortunately, Rashida told me that she couldn't find my file but she'd have it sent to her.

I never heard back from her. I left her several messages over a period of several months. She told me to contact the Salinas Office because the company had been sold and the refund would come from them. When I contacted the Salinas Office, the sales manager took my name and number and told me that she'd have the new owners at the main office call me. 'We're transitioning to a new owner, so we can't process your refund until the ownership has taken over. I'll have the corporation call you'.

Well, after several follow up calls, I gave up. I never received my refund and never heard from LA Weight Loss again. Why can't anyone do something about this company? I don't understand. A law suit is in order.

Ok, I've filed the fraud report, what now? still nothing... Anyone out there had any results from filing their reports...

• Ro
          Roger Jan 31, 2009

I think I might be the first Oregonion posting in here. I am dealing with the same thing as the rest of you. Local office closed, I call corporate and they say I can request a refund from Customer Service, but 'good luck getting through'. Turns out Customer Service directs me to a full voicemail box. I sure wish I would have researched them before I signed on. I never lost any weight, the staff was rude, turn over was high...

I think we need to file a class action lawsuit for sure! Before they disappear from the face of the earth. Today was the first time I learned about all of this and I am livid! I emailed customer service ([email protected]) I am sure I won't hear anything back. Anyone live in Idaho? the woman I spoke to today said that is where she was. I'm thinking about going on a road trip.

I am not going to stop until I get my refund and LAWL is out of business for good!

• Ri
          Richard Dec 29, 2008

• Ci
          cindy rhinevault Jan 09, 2008

I wanted to let everyone know don't bother calling the
          [protected] and had no luck getting through. I did however go to www.attorneygeneral.gov and fill out a health care complaint form. About 2 weeks later someone from the attorney generals office called me back and said they would try to help me get my $800.00 back. Hope this helps!

• Valerie Dec 26, 2007

I currently go to LA Weight Loss here in Charlotte, NC. I am not sure if this particular branch is corporately owned or not but I will find out tomorrow and submit an update. It was because of this site that I learned of closings and then further looked into the situation at hand. What an ugly picture this has turn out to be.

I've had a few mishaps with the center I am currently waltzing into 3 days a week. Sadly, few know much about nutrition here and they operate much like a robot, scripted on que. Don't blame them, it was a sales position not a nutritional counselor job applied for on career builder. Keep that in mind. Remember, if you can't help, don't hurt. I learned not to take it out on the counselors because they are just as deceived as the clients are in most cases but not all. However, to those who know what is truly going on and still work there, I have absolutely no respect for you whatsoever. Money is the root of all evil. Greed is currently winning this race but it won't stand up in the long haul. The universe is watching! To sum up my experience would be to pay attention to what is said to you. There's truth in lies.

I was browsing tonight and thought to go to the BBB. I am not sure when this information was submitted but it's there for all to see! and I quote, 'A company spokesman has informed the Bureau that all corporately owned locations will close effective 1/4/2017. Consumers may pick up refund applications and LA Lites orders at any location. Consumers who need additional information may call customer service at:

[protected].

or email: [email protected]

I have been reading prior postings that Pure Weight Loss and LA Weight Loss are two different companies. To set the record straight for those who either don't do their homework or make a hobby out of guessing, this BBB report 'clearly' states that, 'This Business Operates under the Names: LA Weight Loss Centers and Pure Weight Loss'. These are mere wings of truth to set you free of distorted perceptions you harbor in your mind.

Here you will find the url for the BBB on this company. dc.bbb.org/report.html?national=Y&compid=[protected]

If the above link happens to not show up for one reason or another, simply type in bbb.org. You will find all the necessary information you need to better assist you in your next plan of action. As consumers, it will be our voice that will matter to Attorney Generals and the news media. Don't be afraid to stand up for your rights and in standing up, you will also be the voice for many. It's in our hands to seek justice. The time is now so act accordingly. The clock is ticking as is universal justice swiftly at work.

I trust this information will hold value to those of you who are on a mission. Uphold the obligation you have to yourself - BE TRUE!