IntlMove Complaints & Reviews

IntlMoveBait and switch, MAJOR scam company

IntlMOVE has been an absolute nightmare. They "reel you in" with a good comparable quote and promise delivery of shipped belongings within 8-10 weeks. However, 6 months and thousands of dollars over the initial quote later, my husband and I still don't have our possessions. We discovered that they hire sub-contractors only to do their work. In our case, IntlMOVE waited 4 weeks to pick up belongings from the initial moving company who arrived at our home on Sept 29, 2010. Then, instead of our belongings going from Santa Fe, NM to Australia where we were moving to, IntlMOVE then had them sent (without our permission) to their warehouse in Miami, FL only so that our belongings could be held hostage until we paid them thousands of dollars more. We were notified of this new expense via a threatening email 6 weeks into the move. We were notified that if we didn't pay this fee, that they were going to charge us for "storage costs." When we tried to contact them to question this new, unexpected statement, we were unsuccessful despite numerous phone calls, voice messages, and emails. My husband and I finally reached the owner (David Etzion) only after we found his phone # online under the website "IntlMOVE scam". He screamed, used profanity, and threatened us if we did not pay. Essentially, we were never going to see our precious personal belongings again unless we paid these additional, nebulous fees. It was such a huge violation of trust, in addition to extortion and emotional/verbal abuse by IntlMOVE. We paid thousands of extra dollars to IntlMOVE, and as of March 28, 2011 (1 day shy of 6 months since pick-up), we still don't have our things. Customer service is absolutely non-existent at IntlMOVE. Once the contract is signed and the money is paid up front to them, it is as if you are dropped from their radar. I can't believe that the law and judicial system has not caught up with the IntlMOVE organization and filed charges against them (David, Eric, Frank, etc) and their scam. And I have discovered that there are many more victims out there (as per the internet reports). IntlMOVE is a "rogue carrier." Their motto is "to serve you and attend to your international moving and shipping needs professionally, honestly, and with the highest level of integrity. We understand that our long term success depends on your satisfaction." This is false advertising if I ever heard it. . . they are not professional, honest, nor have the least bit of integrity. My husband and I have been greatly deceived by IntlMOVE, and we will do whatever we can to get the word out about this scam operation.

IntlMovePROPERTY STOLEN FROM STORAGE

Travelers beware of INTLMOVE. My belongings were stolen while in Intlmove possession. They used a pick up company the PaddedWagon to pick up my stuff and stored it before shipment. The move from my storage was overseen by me but what happened next was a nightmare.

After the pick up, the administration told me I had to itemize the stuff for insurance purpose. Since the the things were in storage for a while and I could not retrieve the list at the time of filling their inventory, I failed to list every item of value. My mistake.

I lost more from my shipment than I got. It appeared that they went through my boxes and took everything of value that were not noted on the inventory. They then stuff my boxes with paper. Hence some of my fragile contents were broken.

It seemed odd while filling the form that they would ask me to say how many pyrex dishes, records spreads etc because I already paid insurance to the tune of $10, 000 for the contents of a 20ft container.

What I did not know is that they go through your stuff and take any thing of value that's not noted on the form. They took, spreads, sheets, drapes, professional books children literature on tapes, perfumes, kitchen and bathroom accessories. It's frightening how these people ripped off my stuff before they sent them to me.
They asked me to sign a paper for it to be taken to ther warehouse to paletize them, which they charged me for that didn't happen. What they did instead was to open my boxes and remove my stuff.

They may seem to be a reputable company by their look but they are definately not reliable or credible. Their only interest is to get your money but not interested in giving service. They will pursue you with vigor and be very nice and patient but everything stops after they collect your money. They have no scrupples. They have written all the testimonials they have on their websites because they have no bad review posted.

I wont be surprized if I see my stuff on Ebay or flee market. They must be operating a thriving business from stealing people's stuff while in their storage. So think twice and go else where.

IntlMoveScam artist

If I was going to give you all the details of my experience with Intlmove, it could take a while. I have used several moving companies in the past moving from France to the States, from the States to South Africa and the East coast to the West coast, with any kind of companies you have to be clear on the words, the contract, etc..which I believe I started to master but you can only master so much with a company that do scam for a living.

At first they seem to be very professional, everything looked like it was going to be a smooth move: a well written contract, they would answers all our questions, etc...and then as soon as they picked up our belongings, it seemed like everyone had disappeared. Few days later they asked us to pay them $800 additional (only by email they couldn't be reach by phone anymore). At that time I started to read more stories about them keeping the goods and then even charging for storage fees so I felt like I had no choice and as soon we paid the outrageous scam, then they asked us to pay an additional $200.

I even went to their office which look like the back of a garage and call the cops but even if the cops agreed with me, they told me the only thing I could do is pay what they asked otherwise they could keep my belongings and then I will have to go to small claim court to get my money back...not easy when you are going to another country and a scam company has $30, 000 worth of your belongings.

So in a few words, they were great until they get the contract signed and the belongings moved to their warehouse. After that you can bet that if you use Intlmove your nightmares will begin.

Advice: of course use another company even if they are a bit more expensive at first. Go over the contract and all type of situation with your chosen moving companies. But you can't do this with Intlmove because they are scammer and don't care about the contract you signed, they know that once they have the belonging of someone in their warehouse, they can do anything.

IntlMoveovercharging

INTLMOVE overcharges almost every customer. IF you do not pay, they will charge you storage and late fees...

EVERYBODY gets overcharged. Don't believe me.?..try to get the owner on the phone..
David Etzion...he hides in the accounting department ( and is the only person in the accounting department)

You will get invoices, up to 3 of them, each demanding more money, before your items leave the country. Don't beleive me...?

Ask for 5 referrals from each of the last 4 months...they will not be able to provide you with a single real customer.

• Be
    Ben Oct 25, 2008

In my entire life, I have never seen anything like this. Allow me to give some highlights. The initial quote for my move from California to London was $1795 and 6 weeks. In the end the charge was $4, 281.51 and the move has taken 18 weeks.

They sent me two sets of bills for supposed overages. The first I paid without comment, but at the second I protested. I emailed them asking to explain why they kept wanting more money and when it would stop. They responded by only one week after their request for funds charging my $600 to store my belongings because they had to put my move on "hold" because I had not paid them. $600 for one week of storage!

They had all of my belongings and so I had very little bargaining power. All I can do is post reviews to sites like these to try to make sure no one has to go through this again.

The worst part of this is the unbelievable attitude that the staff has. They basically screamed at me if I was even a day late filling in some apparantly irrelevant paperwork, but took weeks to respond to me about where my stuff was.

Stay away from IntlMove.com!

Also, be sure to see this other review: /URL removed/

IntlMovefraudulant excessive charges

contracted to move a one bedroom appartment's furnishings to Spain. Original estimate was $3500. After picking up the merchandise the company billed us for "overflow" which we paid. They subsequently billed us for additional charges for packing and wrapping. We have paid a total of nine thousand dollars to this company, and now they are charging another 2400 to put the merchandise in storage and threatening to cancel the move if we don't pay the additional 2400.

IntlMoveStay away!

They sent me two sets of bills for supposed overages. The first I paid without comment, but at the second I protested. I emailed them asking to explain why they kept wanting more money and when it would stop. They responded by only one week after their request for funds charging my $600 to store my belongings because they had to put my move on 'hold' because I had not paid them. $600 for one week of storage!

The worst part of this is the unbelievable attitude that the staff has. They basically screamed at me if I was even a day late filling in some apparently irrelevant paperwork, but took weeks to respond to me about where my stuff was. I have asked them repeatedly to let me speak to a manager about the egregious over-charges, but they have never gotten back to me.

Stay away from IntlMove.com!

• In
    intlmove hatered Jun 10, 2009

IntlMove completely lack Honesty. They are frauds.

• Ex
    Expatriate Jan 27, 2013

The worst company I have ever dealt with.
    They had a local mover pick up from a storage facility 200 cf, and pack 7 pictures.
    Declared value, 10K insurance charge $400.00 Outrageous. I refused. They charged additional at every turn, over size (it wasn't), each time accompanied by a demand for immediate payment by wire. Strange, a credit card was fine for a down payment.
    Estimated arrival date in Abu Dhabi September 27.
    Actual delivery January 21.
    Attached is a photo of the sad box as received that speaks for our entire experience with this company

IntlMoveExtra Charges

Intl Move are trying to charge me extra charges from the agreed contract to ship my furniture from Miami to the UK.
The claim the pick up agent has had to pack furniture for shipment and they sent me the pick up receipt signed by the pick agent and myself. Unfortunatley the document they have scanned me, has been doctored and faulsified after it was signed. I have the orignal copy (without the additions) in my possesion.

They have also asked for overflow (may be ligitimate) and also a fuel surcharge for shipping company?

They are asking an extra $1200 and have now ask for a further $300 for hold time when they have been looking into my questions 'why?'

Surley this is fraud to alter documentation after signing? The company say they will not remove the charges and will not ship my furniture with out full payment of the extra charges? I paid the full amount of original shipping quote of $2087.

If I dont pay by wednesday they will add more charges for storage?

When I email the compay I get rude replies with out a name of who is replying.

Ian Foster
[protected]@rocketmail.com

• Sc
    Scammed Mar 06, 2009

We had the same problem. We emailed them our copy. Then they came back with the claim that our packing was inadequate and they had to do it. Then they threatened to charge for storage. We paid everything and eventually got our stuff. Unfortunately, on this end, we questioned an x-ray bill from the destination agent and he cancelled it. We received our stuff, took pictures showing they did not add any additional packing and the driver took pictures and signed a statement to the effect. He said he would show it to his boss (destination agent). We emailed IntlMove and they said they would get back to us in a week. Three weeks later, we asked about it. They replied that the pickup agent still maintained their position and the destination agent could not confirm ours, so they ignored it. We went to complain on moving scams and someone suggested contacting the FCC. We did and now are going through the ombuds process because we have doubts that we can reclaim any money. However, they also gave us the number to call the Bureau of Investigations. I have also contacted the BBB with a complaint. Our problems occurred around the same time as everyone else. Everyone who has had a problem needs to contact these different authorities and report their issues.

IntlMoveFradulent charges

Intl move are blantant crooks. After filling out there speadsheet that was provided on-line by INLTMove they gave us a bid for $2, 400. Once the movers came to my house we repeatadly asked to see if we are over the max allowable to us, they said no. Later the next day my wife recieved an email stating we owed them an additional $3, 050 for overflow. I called them, they told me I had two options, pay them the whole amount or pay an additional fee of $150 and take out items from our pallets. This whole thing is a fraud. now they have our stuff and won't give it back or our money. Do not use this company!!

• Be
    Ben Oct 25, 2008

The same thing happened to me! And they took FOREVER to deliver my stuff. 5 months instead of the 6-8 weeks they promised. I wish I had searched online for reviews of them before I used them. They were just the cheapest and seemed professional over email.

Don't be fooled! Stay away from intlmove.com.

Also see this review here:

/URL removed/

• Ra
    Randall Thompson Apr 27, 2011

The same is currently happening to me now. URG!! I wish I found this page sooner. They are Scam artist, and ### of the earth, my their souls burn in HELL! Randall Thomspon, Dallas, Texas

• Ct
    ctorrespc Apr 18, 2012

Ben & All,
    The same thing is happening to us right now! My wife and I recently moved to Finland, and when they picked up our personal belongings, they stated we are not over the limit, and just a week ago, we called them, to ask about the status of our shipment since its has been a month and they claimed that they have been trying to get in touch with us (lie), and are charging us 1, 500.00 for storage fees and an additional 2400.00 for overflow fees. This is straight fraud. It sucks, because, I am a Gulf War Marine Corps Vet, and I am just trying to live a normal life with my family. Hate to say it, but they messed with the wrong Marine this time.

Is anyone interested going in on a law suit with me?
    Clayton
    [email protected]

• Ru
    Ruth Sustaita Jun 04, 2012

We just shipped our stuff with Inltmove and everything was perfect until we paid. From then on nobody answered our phone calls, it was very scary. We paid for insurance but it was later cancelled because we didn't pay a $75 fee . We were lucky in the sense that we shipped less than we paid for, but of course we didn't get a refund at all!!! We were total rookies about shipping abroad and we were in their hands thinking that they were an honest company!!.
    Each time we e-mailed we were told to contact Ops department: Gloria Etzon who happens to be the rudest creature ever. We are still waiting for our cargo. Now another mafia is in charge of our belongings. They never told us that there were high fees to pay at Buenos Aires! We could have sent everything by plane paid less than half the price and probably have the things right away. LIERS, CROOKS.

• Ct
    ctorrespc Jun 05, 2012

Ruth, I am glad you posted your situation. You are going to want to open a case www.fmc.gov.. Also, let them know that Theresa Dike is working on a very similar case (mine).

This is what they do to people after they get the money.. This is soo common on every case I have read about... Please make the contact to FMC.

Mad_ Ms_Torres Jun 05, 2012

FMC will get you nowhere. Ms. Dike seems to be a busy woman as she also is currently handling our case, but they are not on your side. Instead, they will only deliver Intlmove the same message you have already asked them 5 times... I believe the only way to get this ###ers is to sue them. Nothing else will stop Mr Etzion and his illegal activities.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices