Herrschners Complaints & Reviews

Herrschnersherrschners worsted 8 yarn

I wish I could give them a negative star. I ordered their Herrschner's worsted 8 yarn. It is nothing like they advertise. First, the color, raspberry, is depicted both on their website and in their catalog as a mid toned pink. In reality it is the most ugly shade of hot pink I have ever seen. The texture of the yarn feels like sandpaper. They claim that this particular yarn is a yarn weight of 4. It's really more like a 3. I called their customer service line to demand that they give me a full refund including shipping. They refuse to refund the shipping cost. The actual product cost is about $20, the shipping fee was $10. By the time I pay to send it back I wouldn't be getting any kind of refund at all. So now, I am out $30, stuck with 7 skeins of low quality yarn that I can't use. Was planning on using it to make an afghan that I sell at a cost of $100, so really I'm out $100. Will never order anything from this company again and have asked them to stop sending me their catalog. Please, save yourself a lot of trouble and money and never order anything from this company.

HerrschnersRush order not honored

I placed a rush order on line with website. Shipping address provided is a UPS delivery address only and does not accept mail. The website confirmed my order and they deposited my money. When I called to check status they said website made a mistake and they do not offer rush delivery to Alaska. They mailed and it will take up to 4 weeks to receive. They refused to refund money until product is returned to them which should take two months. When I said I placed order in good faith and they had an obligation to deliver in good faith since they accepted payment for indicated service and their response was oh well sorry about that. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN.

HerrschnersNever Received Product

I ordered a product on June 29th. I realized on July 2nd that the product was going to be sent to my old work address. I contacted the company it was too late -- Product had already shipped. I was told I needed to wait for the product to be returned to the warehouse before it could be reshipped or a refund could be issued. I still have not received the product as of 9/15/12 or a refund. This company has stated also that they no longer carry this product but they have kept my $41.24 and I have nothing. This company's customer service department does not understand the term `customer service'. Also, an interesting item about this company it claims to have revenues in excess of $35M really -- how much of that is from situations such as mine. Shame on you. I will never do business with this company again.

HerrschnersProduct Complaint

I purchased a Christmas Table Topper kit from Herrschners around 1999 and immediately ran into problems as the directions were in a foreign language. I contacted the company and they refused to help me. I did figure out out the directions but then ran out of the gold thread and contacted the company again and then they refused to help again until around 2006 when they said they would sned me the thread if I would give them some more information, which I did. Then they again refused to supply the thread. I would like to finish this table topper as it is almost finished and I have put a lot of work inot it. They said they would supply the thread once then changed their minds. The thread is Madeeria Art No. 9812 made in Germany. They won't even tell me where I can buy this thread. Help!

HerrschnersPrivacy Concern

I recently placed an order that I am expecting within a week. After seeing other complaints about this company, I am very concerned about the quality of their products. I am also regretting my choice to join their Smart Savings Club. In light of this violation of my privacy, I am asking to have that club membership refunded.

When I was checking my order status on their website, I noticed another order number on my account. Curious, I clicked the link and found my billing information attached to someone else's shipping address information. I contacted Herrschners by email and by phone and was told they have no record of the transaction even though I can see online what was shipped. They said there was nothing they could do since they have no record on their end. They claim they cannot see order information in my account since it's my online account. I asked to speak to someone in their IT department who could tell me when that sales record was really created, and they would not forward me. I am deeply concerned that besides horrible customer service, this company is going one step further and violating the privacy of their customers. How many customers will be able to sign into their Herrschners accounts and see _my_ address information as their billing address? I now have someone else's shipping information and a suspicion their website is making a critical error with customer information. My husband and I are contacting our banks and credit card companies to see if there are transactions around this amount. We don't know what transaction date to give them since this address didn't even exist on the date listed on the order information. For all we know, we'll get a charge for this order and others in the coming weeks until their payment system is fixed.

• Eu
    eunice hornberger Oct 22, 2012

I recently bought bernat yarn to make a blanket and the yarn has breakages all through it.

• Em
    E Mayer Oct 08, 2014

I have been a customer of Herrschners for over 20 years and for the first time i returned a cross stitch because it did not include the
    thread for doing the project which was not in the description, i also asked for a exchange for a different cross stitch. Instead they
    credited $18.00 of my $47.94 back to my card with no explanation, when I called customer service the said the item was missing
    the chart, I explained to them that everything was put back in the same package i received it in and returned and was called a Lyer
    by their representative. They don't live up to their return policy and they now have Lost a Customer.

Herrschnerscharged my credit card for NO merchandise

Herrschners is a mail order craft business. When I move, they find where I live & keep sending me catalogs. I placed an order with them on line for yarn. They charged my credit card on 5/24/09 for $65.83. I never received the package.
They tell me they sent it to my old address and they are waiting for the package to be returned. It has been 2 months, I have no yarn but they have my money. They tell me I did not give them an updated address.
I just went in on their website to fake placing an order. When I put in my e-mail address, my very old address appears but it has a Washington state & zip code put in. When I placed my order I lived in Washington for a year.
They just sent the package, no signature is required for delivery. Do they really think the package is going to be returned? In the meantime they tell me I have to wait for the package to be returned to them before they can cancel my order and erase my credit card charge.
Please help me. Chana Scott e-mail address is [protected]@yahoo.com

• He
    Herrschners Customer Care Aug 31, 2009

Chana,

Our sincere apologies for this confusion. Per your request we have refunded your money - please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Herrschners Customer Care

• Vi
    vincegfan Apr 02, 2011

Herrschners-I will never buy from them again

I also have had nothing but trouble with Herrschners, but the straw that broke my back was when over $200 of merchandise was returned to them in error by the post office and they never gave me credit or would resend the merchandise. So I am out over $200. I called their customer service department numerous times with no satisfaction. So, as far as I am concerned Herrschners stole my money and I will never purchase anything from them again!!! Buyer beware!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices