GE Profile Complaints & Reviews

GE Profilerefrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, stove top, electric and gas oven

It is really disappointing that after remodeling our house and buying again ge profile appliances which is your top products, everything has had problems and what is worst is that we are using white duck tape to hold pieces in place and for all plastic trays and drawers in the refrigerator as they are either cracked or broken. The plastic rail on the side of the meat tray is broken. The refrigerator has also had ice twice behind the wall and iced water under the meat drawer. It still has water build up underneath the meat/cheese drawer. The oven in convection mode has never reached the set temperature. Fortunately, we also purchased a five year plan for $1, 835.00 which expires in aug 2018 but they haven't been able to fix the problem with the appliances or replaced broken plastic as it is not covered.
Of course we have purchased again plastic trays but have had the same result. The microwave/oven unit has rust inside and in the door which has been changed twice. We are afraid if that can caused health problems.
The dishwasher was not installed properly by home depot as told by a ge service professional and the whole panel was changed as it was not working. I'm asking for you assistance in resolving this matter. I don't want to keep calling for service which makes me or my wife loose time in our jobs while at the end nothing gets resolved. Please help us.
Gustavo heudebert, md. [protected]
427 delcris drive, birmingham al 35226

GE ProfileRust on doors

I bought my GE Profile refrigerator 3 years ago for over $6500 from Pacific Sales in Carlsbad, now the doors are rusting and they won't do anything and refer me to GE who says that the reason is that my built-in should not be left plugged in if I leave for more than 2 weeks. I should unplug it and clean it out if I leave for longer. The refrig also needs a climate controlled house. I live half a mile from the beach in So. Cal. and almost no one has A/C or any other climate control. So, Pacific Sales passes the buck and GE won't do anything.

GE ProfileNever the brick

We have spent over about $5000 worth of appliances and furniture at The Brick last year. We were told by a salesman that no worries The Brick will give you a FULL REFUND if any off our appliances are defected. From the every first day my $1700 GE Gas range had problems igniting. We bought an extended warranty from Globaltransit, after 4 visitations from different technicians within the past YEAR they finally decided to give us an exchange. Going to the store we found out that our model has discontinued and we have a credit of $1400 ( which the cost is lower than what we paid for) now we are forced to pay $250 more for a lower GE line (not Profile) gas range and on top of it we have to pay another $$199.99 for installation. My point is I'm very disappointed when there's a problem, customers are being push and shoved back and forth through warranty companies, manufactures and the store...no one can take responsibilities and at the end customers aren't happy. I'm not sure complaining here is going to help but at least I know there are a lot of customers are in my shoes too! I'm not alone...bad bad service.

GE ProfileALL APPLIANCES ARE GARBAGE

I HAD A HOME BUILT IN 2017, HAD ALL NEW GE PROFILE APPLIANCES INSTALLED. THE DISHWASHER HAS BEEN REPAIRED 3 TIMES FOR A COST OF 500.00 OUT OF POCKET, I HAD TO BREAK INTO IT 8 DAYS AFTER REPAIR WAS MADE TO GET IT OPEN, (REPLACED W/DIFF BRAND) BUILT IN OVEN SOMETIMES WILL SHUT OFF, THE MICROWAVE CAUGHT ON FIRE(REPLACED W/DIFF BRAND), THE ELECTRIC COOKTOP STOPPED WORKING(REPLACED W/DIFF BRAND), THE REFRIGERATOR BOTTOM DRAWER, FREEZES EVERYTHING, CAN'T USE IT. ALL THESE PRODUCTS ARE 4 YRS OLD AND ARE ALL GARBAGE. I WOULD TELL ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN NOT TO EVER BUY GE APPLIANCES. I WAS TOLD THAT THE PROFILE BRAND WAS TOP OF THE LINE, I HATE TO SEE WHAT THE BOTTOM OF THE LINE IS. ALSO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. THEY HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME THEY WOULD GIVE ME A $100 CREDIT TOWARD ANOTHER GE PRODUCT. ARE THEY KIDDING!

• Ra
            RarelyComplain Oct 10, 2012

A General Comment: As a rule of thumb these days its a good idea to check your stars and cross your fingers on the day you go out and purchase any appliance - there is a plethora of lemons out there - almost no matter what brand you buy, and no matter who you purchase it from. You take a chance. My theory is that the quality control in the plants that manufacture the (often electronically complex) parts is back to the stone age - probably a China thing. And of course, never purchase anything from Sears. That's asking for it.

• Ge
            GE eResponse Oct 29, 2013

I'm sorry this has happened. If you'd like us to review your situation, please send your details to [protected]@ge.com. Thanks,

• Ta
            TanyaBSears Oct 17, 2014

To Whom it may concern,
            I am extremely frustrated and unhappy. We purchased a GE profile machine in 2017. As soon as we received it we found that it was very loud ( was advertised as being silent ). The technician came and said that it was a normal sound. We disagreed. It sounded like a jet plane taking off. We realized that it made the loudest noise when we used the water saver cycle, so we avoided that cycle and used the others, and learnt to live with the noise. 2 months ago, The technician had to come again, as the machine was not draining. 3 weeks ago, the Technician had to come again as the machine had leaked all over the floor. He ordered a part that took a week to get here. When he came again to fix it, he could not remove the transmission from the tub. He had to bring it back to his shop. In the end he could not remove it and now has had to order a new piece that is on back order from GE for 3 weeks.
            I have a 2 year old and a newborn baby. I have not had a washing machine for 3 weeks, and will not have one for another 3 weeks. 6 weeks without a washing machine is unacceptable. I have paid the technician to come here 4 times already for a 2 year old machine. I have also tried to call your customer service. Either I do not get a human, or I am on hold for 20 min, never ever speaking to anyone.
            I Would like you to do something. A new machine or a replacement for my Machine while it is being fixed, compensation for all costs ( Repairmen, Laundromat, clothes that I have had to throw out ).
            This whole situation is outrageous and I would like a response immediately

• 45
            4583 Dec 31, 2018

I have purchased my Last GE product. I have a GE Profile in wall oven. jt915sk5ss you turn it off and it still runs for another 30 minuites. No one seem to have a fix. I can research and test anything. Not this unit. They want to sell me the control board for over $500.00 . I will by another brand. Good bye GE.

GE Profile — Stay away

I recently purchased 6 new GE Profile kitchen appliances for a comlete re-model project. I made my buy...

GE ProfileBad service

Purchased GE Profile Built in 48-inch refrigerator (model-PSB48LSRABV serial-ZL070053)for 6k with extended warranty. Refrigerator has been broken since mid-April. Three separate service calls and part (door) has been on back order without a delivery date promised. Claims & consumer relations will not agree on who owes me a new refrigerator and/or refund. I haven't had a refrigerator for over 2 months & I have 4 kids!