Rave Hairspray Complaints & Reviews

Rave Hairspray — A big mistake!

They did it again. Why did suave change the rave formula again. I to, like many, have been using rave4 for...

Rave HairsprayDisaster for someone with naturally curly hair

I have been a consumer of Rave hairspray also since as long as I can remember. A few years ago, they changed it (with a bigger nozzle) and too much comes out and makes your hair too wet. This is disaster for someone with naturally curly hair who blows it out straight. Then you spray the new Rave on it and it goes curly again....not good.

I sent a complaint then and to my surprise, they changed back to the old BETTER version. They emailed me saying that they were returning to the old because of all of the complaints they were getting.

Then much to my horror, a few months ago I went to purchase more Rave and notice a few cans of the new version. I paniced!!!!! I bought every can of the OLD version they had to stock up. Well, now there is no more OLD version to stock up on and I have spent alot of money trying to find another hairspray that would suffice but no luck..

OLD RAVE PLEASE COME BACK!!!!! I told my husband I was going to email and complain and he thinks I'm crazy but, I think women everywhere would agree don't mess with our hair products that we love.

Sorry Rave you lost my business again.

• Ya
    yatesbar Aug 16, 2009

I agree but what I have experienced is a rash and my husband has a rash also. We have used Rave hairspray for years without any problems. Has Rave added something new to the hairspray?

• Br
    Brenda G. Grimes Sep 22, 2010

I have naturally curly hair also. Since they changed the formula of Rave again, I hate it. It comes out like water and my hair kinks up like I have been in a light sprinkle of rain or morning dew. I hate it and so does my daughter. Please change it back.

• Su
    sue27p Aug 13, 2013

Omg! What were u thinking!!! Why change a good thing...I have naturally curly hair and have been using rave for years! Because it WAS the best.. now its a joke!
    I can't even have a good hair day since the "new " rave.. it frizzes and falls flat.. what a joke.. I will not purchase this junk again until u change it back!!! And I hope u r smart enough to do so...SOON!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices