Dufresne furniture Complaints & Reviews

Dufresne furnitureScam

from Natalie Cronick <[protected]@dufresne.ca>
reply-to [protected]@live.co.uk
date Fri, Aug 7, 2009
subject Personnel Needed Come Work With Us!!!

Hello Prospective Employee,

Are you seeking a flexible part time assignment?

We are offering freedom to work on your own initiative and manage your own workload. It

is a relaxed environment, with a small friendly and established team.

Description Permanent position has arisen for a Part Time/Contract personnel

Join Doug’s Team!!

A Better experience started as a single store in the resort town of Kenora, Ontario in 1986. Today with 9 stores Dufresne Furniture is one of the largest furniture and appliance retailers in Western Canada. Dufresne has the distinction of being one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies 10 years running making us a platinum member.

Duties & Responsibilities:

Collect overdue debts on International Sales and reconcile accounts (80%)
• Cash And Checks Management
• Payroll
• Monthly Customer's Management Accounts
• Other Accountancy Duties

Skills and Background
* PC literate
* Able to work under own initiative
* Understanding of overseas tax issues would be advantageous
* must have a good work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude, confidence &
excellent communication skills.
* must possess a flexible approach with good attention to detail.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
* Ability to prioritize

15 - 20 hours per week, flexible YS$ 1, 000 per month after tax (starting, reviewed after 6 months depending on performance)

There are excellent long-term prospects for the right candidate MUST BE ABLE TO START IMMEDIATELY.

Dufresne Furniture offers you a competitive Compensation Package, a comprehensive Benefits Plan, Educational Assistance Program and excellent Employee Discounts. We provide full training and career path management to give you a solid foundation for future growth.

For consideration Please contact via email with the below details and a form of identification.

Full Name:

Natalie Cronick

Contact person : Natalie Cronick
Company:Dufresne Furniture

Dufresne furnituresectional leather sofa

We purchased a leather sectional 1 year ago after three months the colour started to peel away the company repainted to affected areas and returned it to me again a few months went by same thing they told me this was classed as normal wear and tear and told me the company would not take back the sofa but they would repain again the areas affected this sofa was over 3, 000 dollars and is nothing but garbeg I contacted Ashley furniture and was told that it was the responsibility of each store to decide the action they would take Dufrense said it was the other way around I have been lyed to by this company and tricked into purchasing a insurence policy that they offer at the time of purchase It is nothing but a joke My sofa is at the moment again being painted

• Ju
    Julien Theriault Sep 02, 2011

Hi Fawn, I was curious to see if some people out there had similar experiences than mine, and I now see that I'm not alone, the truth is out there! Spread the good news! I didn't buy the same product, but I've had similar experience. Customer service doesn't give a $%??$"%$ (this is the f word censored in case the web site doesn't accept my comment) and they will tell you every possible thing to get rid of you. And you are exactly right, they do not hesitate to lie to you to get rid of you. I had an inspector that came in today and told me something, the customer representative called me back right after and told me something different, and didn't want to consider I was right.

Mansour wansa Sep 10, 2014

Hello, I have a bad experience with dufresne, first the quality of the furniture is very bad, actually it is garbage, I bought a sofa from them 2 years ago and from the first 6 months I had a broken sofa side, I called them, they send a technician to fix it, and whenever took of the side of the sofa to fix it, I look at it and you can see how the quality is bad, the side was empty from inside, like if you use it a lot it is gonna brake for sure, now I have the same problem with the other sofa, plus the color of the sofa is changing.so just I wanna tell it is a bad company with bad quality and bad customer service.if somebody wants me to send a pictures for him to see the damage send me an email on:[email protected]

• Fi
    fixmycouch Dec 24, 2014

We are awaiting a technician to come and look at our sectional for the second time. We purchased it in the summer of 2013, had the frame repaired this past summer and now, a piece less than a year and a half old requires significant repair. It has had minimal use, normal use, and the upright frame in the back middle has snapped and was almost protruding through the upholstery. Waiting to see if I will have to "pay" for the repair on a cheap, lousy $1200 sectional that is less than 18 months old. I referenced the fact that my parents bought a couch over 30 years ago that is in perfect shape - surviving 9 rambunctious grandchildren jumping on the couch. The response to me was that "they don't make furniture like that anymore. Make it cheap, make it fast, and get it out the door." If my sectional is not fixed, and they suggest I have to pay for the repair, it will definately be out the door. And I will never shop at Dufresne again. With a seasonal residence we have purchased 2 couches, a love seat and 2 matching chairs. 2 washer dryer combinations, fridge, stove and microwave, 2 ottomans and an expensive accent chair. Don't get me started on the 3 separate screwed up deliveries and their suggestion when we complained that my wife was a liar. Wow! Customer service. They have 2 jobs to do, sell and deliver "quality" products. BUT they have their money, so why provide service now? I hope to update this post with happy news that Dufresne made this right. I am not holding my breath

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices