Dixie Homecrafters Complaints & Reviews

Dixie HomecraftersWindows - need to be replaced

I purchased 11 triple pane windows from Dixie Homecrafters and 2 of them have completely messed up. They were expensive and the thought of paying to replace something that has a lifetime warranty is ridiculous. I am on a fixed income and not very happy about it. Inside the windows it looks as though something exploded and splattered all over it. Both are on the front of the house and really need to be replaced.

• Ba
    Barbara Fitzgerald Sep 26, 2015

I also have had all my windows in our home done by dixie they are gorell triple pane glass and now all the gas has excaped the windows at least on 60% of my windows or more. Can anyone explain to me how this business ca do this and get away with it. We bought ours in 2009 or around that time frame and my windows look horrible. I have gone threw all my paperwork and called and the msg was that they were out of business. I can see why if they do business like this im supprised they stayed in there this long. Can anyone give me a number i can call to get my windows replaced since i had a lifetime warrenty also!

• Er
    Erin Duke Mar 21, 2018

@Barbara Fitzgerald I'm in the same boat as you. I bought 7 Gorell windows in 2008 with a lifetime warranty to the tune of $7100 and now all 7 have leaks and you can't even see out of them.

• Al
    Alioop269 Jan 14, 2018

I am having the same problems. Unable to get through for number disconnected and the cowards are out of business. We are fixing to sell our house and I would be devistated to know we would have to replace these exspensive windows cause these cowards cheated us. May THEY rot in HELL,

• Al
    Alioop269 Jan 14, 2018

I’ve even tried looking on the windows for a number of some sorts to see who the manufacturer was so that maybe they would honor the warranty,

Resolved Dixie Homecrafters — Window warrenty

I bought windows from Dixie Homecraters with a lifetime warrenty, now that I have a problem thay no longer...

Resolved Dixie HomecraftersSales practices

The company is a fraud on a few fronts and belong in jail. #1: They pretend you have "won" $2500 or $5000 home improvements only to inflate the cost of their projects by this amount before they get to your door to break even. #2: They make claims not based on anything. For example: they claim that their window film saves 40% of your energy bills, when I sat in on a demo from the manufacturer saying it could not be more than 12%. The managers belong in jail.

Resolved Dixie Homecraftershidden costs & threats

We signed a contract for replacement windows. After everything was signed, the call to the home office said we needed to add $1440 for some mysterious "caps". Come to find out these caps are just metal tacked on top of your existing outside trimwork. Our job was quoted out for a 2 day installation. It took two weeks. Work crew was constantly being pulled away from my installation for other customers who were more vocal in their request for completion. When I called to complain, the GM, John, threaten to put my house under a lein. He said that the slow work and the lack of communication was just unfortunate and that my time spent waiting on them (10 days of no-show) was unimportant.

I highly advise getting every little detail written down and signed off on, since obviously they want to pressure you into everything when it goes their way.

Customer service is severley lacking.