Directed Electronics Complaints & Reviews

Directed ElectronicsViper vehicle remote start/security system

Had a viper security system/remote start installed in my brand new dodge 1500 truck. Thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Price seemed reasonable and it worked like a charm for a couple of years. Had no complaints until i had a problem and had to contact them - you cant contact them. They are a large diverse company with several divisions and no human to speak to. The first problem was that my subscription ran out and viper stopped working. I had paid for a 3 year service and it just stopped. I could no find a customer service number and, in desperation, contacted these #### by email. Days later they responded saying that my subscription expired. How about sending me a reminder to pay my bill. Nooooo... Just let it expire, have the customer try and trouble shoot the problem and communicate by email. How #### up ??? I paid and turned the service back on and then it started acting funny like asking me to re - login every time i opened the app - which it never did before. Now the app wont even open and verizon said its not their problem - contact viper good #### luck - u cant speak to a human - just send emails back and forth trying to solve the problem. Stay away from viper and directed electronics - they absolutely suck - you'll be wasting your money.

Directed ElectronicsSirius receiver was sent for repair and never returned

We purchased a Sirius S50 receiver from Circuit City in December 2005. It was no longer working by June 2006. We took it to our local Circuit City for repair and they denied us becuase we bought the unit online. The online service rep. referred me to Directed Electronics for repair. We sent our unit in on July 3, 2006. Directed has had it ever since. Every time we call you you say it will be 2 more weeks. The level of run around we have been given is completely unacceptable. Noone is standing behind this piece of garbage receiver. Not the retailer, not the manufacturer and not even Sirius. I will be filing a complaint with the CA better business bureau as well as locally here in FL. Seeing how we never plan to get our receiver back as noone will even return a phone call to us, we are going to chalk the loss up to poor business. I am still fighting with Sirius to get our account cancelled immediately. I fully intend to file a complaint with everyone I can about Directed Electronics, Circuit City as well as Sirius.

• Br
    Brandon Nye Oct 01, 2006

I have been going through the same problem since 8/13/06. I bought mine at Circuit City in June 06 and they said after 1 and a half months their was nothing they could do for me. Sirius has also been no help. I would never do business with either of these places again.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices