Deegan Roofing Company Inc Complaints & Reviews

Deegan Roofing Company Inc — Bad Workmanship

Deegan Roofing Company IncBUYER BEWARE

Hello,

For the protection of other consumers I would like to comment about DEEGAN ROOFING COMPANY INC in PLAINFIELD NEW JERSEY. This contractor did our roof and it was a nightmare. At first I was very pleased at the very low price I was quoted... almost half the price of other contractors. but I learned there was a reason for this.

After the job was completed the roof leaked very badly and we had very bad damage done to the house interior. I called them and they did NOT come back. The cheap price meant nothing because I had to pay another contractor twice the amount to get the job fixed.

I also learned from the building inspector that the roofing was not install ed correctly and he had never seen a roof done in such an amateurish way. The men that did the roof were "picked up" that day from a street corner in Plainfield. MR DEEGAN picks up these unskilled immigrants on a daily basis because they are unskilled and work for very low wages.

BUYER BEWARE. Avoid this company no matter how cheap the price.

Respectfully,

Steve
Edison, NJ

Comment Guidelines

6 Responses
      Charles H. May 07, 2012

How is this company still in business??? We had same problem with Deegan Roofing. We did not do our homework prior to job and went for the price. DEEGAN ROOFING WAS A HUGE MISTAKE!!!

• Ji
      JillS May 26, 2011

I called Deegan Roofing Company Inc... took the day off from work to wait for them... never showed up for the appointment...called the office... said they'd get right back to me... again no call back to cancel or confirm... so if they can't show up for an appointment or extend the courtesy of a call so the client isn't sitting around all day waiting... then I wouldn't trust them for my roof! BUYER BEWARE

Charles Daniels Sep 13, 2008

All of the employees of this roofing contractor are coke heads including Mr. Deegan himself

Chris Aug 05, 2008

We have used Deegan Roofing 4-5 times over the past 2 years and have been very pleased with their work. When they were not able to resolve our leaky roof the first time, they returned at no additional cost and continued to try to find the problem until it was resolved. Their communication with us has always been excellent and their staff has always behaved in a professional manner. Because of this we recommended them to my parents, who are also pleased with their work. I'm not sure why others have had such a different experience, but we will continue to hire them and recommend them highly!

maria Apr 02, 2008

They did our roof and our neighbor's last year and we never had any issues.

• St
      Stacy Feb 26, 2008

I had the exact same problem with them.
      What a nightmare dealing with them.

Deegan Roofing Company IncBad Workmenship

Hello my name is Dawn.
    My husband and I had just recently employed Deegan Roofing Company of Plainfield NJ to do our roof and it has been nothing but problems ever since.
    We decided to get our roof done 3 months ago and called Deegan Roofing Company to do the work.
    We met the following day at our home and agreed on price an color shingle.
    When Deegan Roofing Company came to do our roof the following week, they began to apply the wrong color shingle. When I told the foreman about this he said that I would have to call the office to straighten it out... and continued to apply the wrong color shingle.
    I franticly called the Deegan Roofing Company office and after 15 aganizing minutes I was finnaly able to get someone on the phone that would put a hult to the work.

I was informed by Deegan Roofing Company that I would have to wait a day or two for the correct color shingles. It took a month for them to come back witch was horrible because they had torn all our shingles off the last time they were at our home.
    In the time that I had no shingles the roof leaked in several areas of the house, staining areas of the ceiling and soaking my husbands workstation area. We were told by Deegan Roofing Company that they would send someone out to fix the stained areas but we have not been visited by this person yet and have given up on that idea.

I can happily report that Deegan Roofing Company finished installing our roof but not before destroying my rosebush, breaking my patio table and leaving black scrape marks on all of our siding.

I would highly recommend that you DO NOT USE DEEGAN ROOFING COMPANY INC of PLAINFIELD NJ.
    They were rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional. An agonizing experience to say the least.

Dawn

Comment Guidelines

5 Responses
        Cheryl CE Aug 13, 2015

RE: Deegan Roofing
        I had no problem with Brien or George the foreman
        of roofing crew
        they did the big mold remediation.
        the women called
        me daily,
        they emailed, they
        were professional
        - got a dumpster in early.
        IDK if these complaints are even referring to this company!
        They came out on Sunday early to avoid
        any chance for rain,
        a roof I had was leaking, they did mold remediation, replaced wood damaged, showed me photos -and even after I accidentally okd charcoal roof they let me get hickory.
        the foreman was awesome, guys were awesome and Brien was professional and courteous. Billy was wonderful and George the foreman was awesome!
        I would highly recommend Deegan Roofing and I have given them another job already ;)

Comments

• Gi
        giabfo Mar 06, 2013

I have been a past customer of Deegan's, but I signed a contract with them in November and it is now March and he has been giving me every excuse in the book for not coming. He ran to do my roof when he wasn't busy, but now that he is, he is putting me at the end of the list. I am so frustrated an he really is rude and crude and just totally dismissed me. He actually made a date to do the work and then didn't show up. I know he is competent but he treats the customer like crap.

• Ms
        msc1958 Jun 04, 2011

I agree with Debra also. Our Deegan roofing job was performed professionally, quickly, and with no problems whatsoever. A broken bush you say? That can be replaced. Quality workmanship is hard to find these days. I highly recommend Deegan for your roofing needs. They have been in business a long time and are here to stay. 

• Me
        Meg Mmmmmm's Sep 12, 2008

I have to agree with Debra. I've noticed that there are identical comments left for both Penyak Roofing and Deegan Roofing... it seems as though there is a spiteful contractor or disgruntled employee abusing this forum

• De
        Debra Aug 04, 2008

I am happy to say that I don't agree. Deegan Roofing replaced my roof last week. They showed up on time on the day that they said they would and worked to complete the installation in one day. The owner showed up with the workers and directed them to protect certain windows and doors and tarp certain areas. They had already advised me to remove my deck furniture to avoid damage, and they took great care working around the landscaping in the front of the house. They were replacing an original roof to match two additions and the color match on the shingles is perfect.

They did what they said they would in the timeframe that they said they would do it.