DCF Complaints & Reviews

DCFKids lost in system

A friend of mine died at the end of February. And left 3 children 16, 14 & 12. The children. Are were staying with friends temporally. It has going on 3 months and nothing gas been done. They haven't even contacted her brother. A friend thought they had found a home for the youngest but wont allow the child to have any benefits.
I feel the state of FL has dumped 3 kids. Off on a 69 year old lady and another girl.
My friends name was Rebecca Nicoll Her children are Savanna, Tristan and River. Please let me know what is the next step. I live in MS my #[protected] and email [protected]@gmail.com. Thank you.

DCFViolations of Social Workers

Why should the DCF be granted more money is their workers are violating Federal laws and DCF policies?

3 Responses
        Lynne4 Jan 04, 2013

tasha 12, please follow these links with great concerns about tax payers dollars, the safety of children in the USA, and human respect of biological parents:

Lynne4 Jan 04, 2013

Well tasha 12, if social workers are not doing their routine visits, then they are in violations. Why should the DCF receive more money if their workers are violating the department's own policy. What makes you believe that I am in the wrong?

DCFno card

I have been waiting for 2 months now for my food stamps card that i honestly do not believe is even coming!
      I got an approval letter back on August 5 saying that i had been approved for food stamps for august, Sept, oct and november..Well it is now October 1st and i have not received anything...Also have tried my hardest to call for 2 months now and never get anywhere with any numbers you list to speak with a representative..Starting to think i have been pranked by DCF..

Lynne4 Jan 04, 2013

I agree, DCF contradicts the welfare reform system.

DCFNo one to help me

I have called numerous times and spoke to many different employees. My child support hearing is less than 2 days away and nobody can find my telephonic hearing request I emailed to [protected]@dor. State. Fl. Us... I have called the attornys office, wpb dor, child support and noone will tell me who I should speak to or what I should do. I have waited 10 months for this to go through and I have complied with all that has been asked of me. And because no one can tell me who to speak to - I will be denied child support. Nobody cares enough to figure out what has happened. I just get pushed aside and transferred to different people who have no clue whats going on... He. Lp me please!!!

Sincerly,

A frustrated single mother

DCFShort 80.00 one day after my initial Foodstamp day

I get my stamps every Month on the 13th was told i didn't have to have a phone interview as long as i keep them updated online, submitted an application @ the end of October, cause i knew they would end in December, now when i get my stamps A day after i'm shorted 80.00 January 14, my Lively hood is not A game & this is my first time ever complaining, so basicly Tired of these Shananagians, if i didn't need them I wouldn't be writing this ... been receiving 200.00 since Obama Change it ... seem like they're making their own rules at these places ...

DCFThey do nothing!

I CANNOT get these people on the phone to complete an interview which is a necessary part of the application preocess. I have been on hold from 2:00 today (the time I get out of college) until 5:00 when they close and was on hold the entire time. They act like other peoples time is nothing. Now I have to spend 3 hours on hold tomorrow and hope I get through, though I likely wont. Trying to get ahold of these people is nearly impossible and something should be done.

3 Responses
                Lynne4 Jan 04, 2013

Correction tasha12 "get them off to work work work as well." Which is intended to say it is time to get the foster strangers working working working and shut off their stay at home checks.

Lynne4 Jan 04, 2013

The DCF contradicts the welfare reform system, I agree with you tasha12 it is time to shut off the foster strangers with their checks and get them off to work work work as well. The DCF is worse than the welfare department spending millions to billions and even trillions of dollars for a very abusive and dishuman service.

• Wa
                Watcher on the Wall Jul 29, 2011

Do NOT trust DCF if you call in on the abuse hotline and make a report. They will reveal your identity to the parents of the child whom you called about! DCF investigators do NOT keep your name anonymous!

DCFHit buy staff and others

Hi my name is Albert Manchester and I am 18 teen years and the reason why I want to live DCF is because i want to live DCF is because I jest want to run my own life for once. Cardianl Cushing School I not thr right school for me at this point I jest want to go to a group home when i am 18 teen I think I should go to a group home at the age of 18 teen and not bee at the Cardianl Cushing School for one reason why is because I have been hit by staff and kids at my school. Lke am 18 teen now was bit by a kids at my school and I was pushed in my school and I was punch and the face in ny school and I jest can't take it any more I jest want to live my school in Hanover mass. SO IF THERE IS ANY THING YOU CAN DO CAN YOU EMAIL ME AT [protected]@hotmail.com THANK YOU.

DCFLetter of Placement

I have been told in order to enroll my child in school that I need DCF letter of placement, because he is in my parents' care during the week. I have contacted over a dozen DCF phone numbers, locations, departments and email addresses and still have not been told how to obtain this letter: UNLESS I abuse my child. In that case, or the case where I have broken the law, then my child and I have additional rights to have family help each other through an economic crisis. If there is anyone who can direct me to a parent's rights advocate? I cannot get my child in school.

[protected]@netzero.com

4 Responses
                  • Ms
                    Ms. Nice Nov 02, 2016

I disagree with everything you all have said about CPI Naomi Wilson. She's the most kind hearted, considerate, compassionate, understanding, loyal, polite and most of all honest person that I know. Not only did she treat me with much respect, she did not enter my home until she was invited in, she did not take a seat until she was asked to do so and she answered all of my questions while making me feel comfortable with the situation that was presented to me. I am very thankful to her superiors for sending her and not someone else!

• Ji
                    jimmy70 Aug 11, 2015

I am going through the same thing although it has only started for me as of today.I asked the administration office why the last school dident require it and they had no reason.Her mom and I still both take care of her we just don't live together I cant see the problem why do they make it so hard.This is crazy...

• Cr
                    Critically concerned Jul 28, 2013

I would also like to make a complaint Naomi Wilson CPI Circut 9. She came to my place of residence without her badge asking where my son was. My son is three years old.min response my husband refused her services and asked her to please go away because she did not have the proper identification. She was very unprofessional and told me that she left her badge in her car which was not a govt vehicle. Last year a gentleman went to a residence in my area and was asking for the removal of a child and turned out to be a fraud. I believe the first thing that that a govt official should do is show proper identification. is this how dcf trains their workers? Never read my rights and was told that if I didn't do this or that I could never get my child back. Due process?????

• Yi
                    Yinette Sep 15, 2009

I want to make a complaint against a DCF social worker in orlando, florida her name is Naomi Wilson, she is the most unprofessional, rude, and biased person I've ever encountered, she's as ugly on the inside as she is on the outside. I would like for DCf to please check the people that they hire. In my opinion they're job is to help families not "take sides".

DCFgetting my account processed

I got fired from mu job on june 8th 2009 and filled for food stamps, medicaid and cash assistance on June 12th 2009. I know it takes some time so I wait until June 26th or so and called. they sent the information that they requested to my old address that i have not lived at for over 2 years! In this case I had to resend all information and my process did not start until july 3rd or so. I am very disappointed and frustrated because not only is my case still in PROCESS, but they have ripped me off a whole month of benefits if I do qualify! I have called them several times and they tell me they have until August 1st for their decision, while I sit here with out any income or food. Oh, I do go to a different church (thank God) for the local churchs, but this is rediculous. Can anyone PLEASE help me? My e-mail is [protected]@yahoo.com

• Li
                      Libbylibbylibby Apr 15, 2014

They ripped YOU off? Really? Why did you get fired? You can't keep a job, then decide to mooch off of my taxes, until you are ready to get another job... And DVD is ripping you off? How about getting another goddamn job?

DCF — food stamps

The Department of Children and Families---who checks on them? My husband got laied off and we had to apply...