Dada.net Complaints & Reviews

Dada.netunwanted subscription

Suddenly one day I received a txt msg said I have subscribed the music download service from dada.net, which is 9.99/month. But I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS WEBSITE, and have never used my cell phone to browser this website, neither have I checked this website before on any computers, but the service was there! I called the customer service, and they told I have been in subscription, they now cancel the service at my request but there already been a one month fee, I was shocked, and ask for a refund, they said it will be mailed to me as a check instead of refunding to my cell phone account.

BTW, My carrier is AT&T. That's really disgusting!

• Ze
    Zenith Ltd Feb 20, 2009

Took me a while to figure out why this charge is appearing on my Sprint phone. Damage control is just cancel the service but unable to get any refund for previous charges.

BEWARE.

• Mu
    muv Mar 26, 2009

I dispointed cause of their services.
    I never registered to join with them.
    but they reduced my pulse of my mobile.
    eventhough i never get content from this.
    what the ### of them
    they took my pulse without reconfirm to me at first.So what they will do...i think nothing
    SHARPIE

• Su
    subkise Mar 28, 2009

cancel membership

• Kr
    Kristine Kohnle May 15, 2009

I downloaded a song that was shown on a radio station as a charge of $1.99, after the download, I received a text that there is a $9.99 monthly charge so I unsubscribed to find out that not only am I going to be charged $9.99 but I lost my additional credits.

Jan Duvoisin Jun 10, 2009

Dada.net has been charging my Verizon account data fees of 9.95 per month based on advertising for free ring tones plus they send you unauthorized txt messages!! I have called them to complain and I am calling verizon to see how they are authorizing this transaction.

Marty-Chicago Aug 14, 2010

Don't go to DaDa.net with your smart phone or they will start charging you $9.99 per month for the right to download ringtones and music. Stay away altogether. I was also told you can text BLOCK to 63232 to block DaDa.net charges from your phone.

• Dr
    dranger Aug 16, 2010

It is not BLOCK but STOP that needs to be sent by text message to No. 63232.
    If done properly, you will receive a message confirming your cancelation.
    Never subscribed to anything... they charged me 3 months before I realised.

• Ho
    hodgy Mar 21, 2012

I cant unsubscribe to DADA music site, wont let me reply STOP and the 1300 no is disconnected . What do i do

• Ho
    hodgy Mar 21, 2012

I can't unsubscribe to DADa music site, wont let me reply STOP and 1300 numbber is disconected. AHHHH WHAT DO I DO

Dada.netSCAM!

I just read my cell phone bill and noticed a 9.99 charge, called AT&T and they told me that it was for a download service that I signed up for online. Went through more statements and found that they have been charging me the last 6 months..duh, what a dope, I need to read my bills. Ive learned now. Just called dada.net (India) I asked when the account was set up and by who? They told me I have had the account since March 2010 "What?" I asked who signed up for it they couldnt tell me, I asked if it had ever been used, they told me "no, never" Hellooo. I asked for a credit and ofcourse they told me no because it is a subscription that "my child, friend, or someone I know, signed up for it with my cell phone #". What a scam! Im so mad, not only at myself for not taking more responsibility but at dada.net. Can someone please start a Class Action Law suit???

Chris felix Jan 07, 2012

I also have been recieving charges of $9.99 on my mobile bill for something i never authorized by dada.net. i am outraged that they have been taking my money for months with out any authorization.

Dada.netCell Phone Scam

Check your cell bill if you see 9.99 charge that you don't know what it is call your cell provider, somehow they can get your cell # ( do not give your cell # online for any reason) and will charge you indefinitely if you don't complain. While you are on the phone with your cell co. ask them make a 3-way call to ask for a refund and to discontinue this charge. I have Verizon service, and I did not sign up for any offer.

Chuts Apr 19, 2010

We're with TMobile and the same thing happened - a 9.99 charge on our bill. Why is this company, Dada, still in business. I see complaints from as far back as 2008. Anyone know if they are in the USA? I looked at their website but the only way to contact them is via an email form online, and I'm definitely not going to give them any personal information just to send them an email.

Dada.netSCAM

This company, without my knowing, without me asking for anything, set up an automatic payment from my Virgin Mobile account to pay themselves $2.50 each week for four times, 8/10/09, 8/17/09, 8/24/09, 8/31/09. I never ordered anything from them! I was told by Virgin Mobil, that they couldn't stop the automatic payments, even though I told them I never asked for anything. VM said that I had to call DADA.NET and ask for a refund. I am going to call, but this is outrageous! This is a SCAM!

• Sw
    sweetcakes1977 Jul 06, 2009

This is a complete scam!!! I am so pissed to find that this company has fraudulently charged me twice last month for a new subscription I didn't authorize. That total comes to 19.98 for a service I niether knew about nor did I use. When I called verizon they state that they can not refund any portion of the charge so basically I have to eat it and they put a block on my phone for future scams of this sort. When I then contacted the company to request a refund I was too bad the charges have already occured and I will NOT get a refund of any sort. What a flippin scam, something should be done through our phone companies to alert consumers of scams like these and that we have the option to have a block put on our phones to stop this from happening.

• Ps
    Psylosybin Sep 05, 2009

This is an update, reguarding my complaint against DADA.NET. I called their phone number (1-888-214-0381) and asked how in the world, did they have authorization to withdraw money from my Virgin Mobile account. He told me, that someone with access to my phone, subscribed useing my phone. That is a blatant LIE! I am the only one with access to my phone, and I never subscribed to anything! I was forced to give my name, and mailing address, for them to supposedly mail me a check for $2.49 x 4= $9.96, because according to him, they could not refund the money, directly from where they took it! He said I would receive a check in 2, to 3 weeks! I am going to call Virgin Mobile back, and tell them that if this happens again, that I will be changeing my service provider. If they cannot protect my money, then they are not going to have access to it!

Dada.netUnauthorized subscription

Dada.net charged us for a service we did not subscribe for. They made false claims about our "subscription" and conveniently drained our $30 Optus credit on the day of recharge.

How a company is allowed to charge as a 3rd party biller - for nothing - with no signature, no consent is beyond me.

BUYER BEWARE! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM! Offering a bogus "subscription" with no services rendered.

• El
    Elicia Jul 30, 2008

I have just been hit with the same problem.

I bought a new phone for my 12 year old, put credit on it and within 5 days $30 is gone to Dada net.

Not knowing this I rang my service providor and went ballistic, they advised me that this is common practice.

I tried to contact their so called Customer Service to no avail.

I have sent a filthy email and will wait for a response.

What a big SCAM.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices