CPUtopia Complaints & Reviews

CPUtopiaPoor customer service of product advertisement

I bought a replacement motherboard for my emachines system model T2862 and after recieving the motherboard and installing it, it would not boot up and load Windows off the original restore CD that came with the system? I was like wtf??! All I would get is the boot up error screen and safe mode, or any of the options didn't work to load it up. After repeated failed attempts at recovering Windows, I finally contacted CPUtopia and they informed me that I had to repair the system or re-install Windows from a fresh copy. But that didnt work either from the recovery CD and their ad never said nothing about having to install a full OS version, only that you may have to reconfigure Windows. The original recovery/restore CD should have worked to begin with. After explaining all this to them that they should have been more informative about it, they stated they are not licensed to distribute Windows CD, however earlier stated that they have OEM Windows CD's that they load Windows from themselves? If I'd known this to begin with, I would have never bought the motherboard had I known I needed to go spend another $200 for a new Operating System!!! Windows XP is not sold in stores any longer and Windows 7 is expensive! I could have bought a whole new computer for all that instead!! Pathetic advertisement and very unclear!! The ad states that the motherboard will work with the system but they fail to tell you that the BIOS in the system doesn't recognize that kind of motherboard because its really not an emachine version. Whomever buys an emachine motherboard from this company, be aware they don't tell you that and also that your original restore CD will not work unless you already have a full OS Windows disk. If not, your going to have to spend more money on one in order to get the pc to boot up from the new motherboard!!! All I asked for was a good OEM working Windows disk that would get the computer to load up Windows?! Customer service was very poor and very unwilling to help me resolve the problem without spending more money!!!

Shiphunk2 May 31, 2010

I tried that, it wouldn't see the hard drive. I kept getting that boot error screen. All I could get to is the CD prompt.

Shiphunk2 May 31, 2010

Tried that too, the CD that came with the new moboard...I couldn't boot from it nor see any .exe file on it? I didn't use that CD until I got Windows back up, then I installed the drivers from it fine. I did go and look at the BIOS, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary or the version of it.

Shiphunk2 Jun 01, 2010

It saw the hard drive but still wouldn't allow me to boot up from it? Its all good now, a friend fixed it. He said that the BIOS in the system didn't recognize the new motherboard and that was the problem.

• Le
    Lexrst Oct 27, 2010

...so you're inability to configure the motherboard / BIOS settings properly = bad customer service from a company selling replacement motherboards for (presumably) out-of-warranty Gateway computers????

I'm having trouble following your logic, sir.

• Co
    confuZios Dec 08, 2010

Also, how does the BIOS not recognize the motherboard? I always thought the BIOS was ON the motherboard!!!

• Ro
    RON MARTIN Dec 17, 2013

CPUTOPIA ARE SCAMMERS !
    I WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO BUY A MOTHERBOARD / IT WAS DEFECTIVE / IT TOOK WEEKS FOR A RETURN RMA /
    WHEN I SENT IT BACK / THEY DENIED MY REFUND AFTER ISSUING ME AN RMA / THE ENTIRE PROCESS TOOK OVER 3 MONTHS.
    I FINALLY CONTACTED MY BANK / MY BANK REJECTED THEIR PAYMENT AND REFUNDED MY MONEY..
    PLEASE STEER CLEAR OF CPUTOPIA / THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS !

CPUtopiaBad service

Absolutely pathetic service i ordered replacement power supply for my computer with UPS Next Air Day delivery for UK and today is 02nd of Feburary 09 and still i did'nt receive my order and i have paid extra $39.46 for the delivery service which is now completely waste.
I do not recommend this company for business at all.
PS. No contact number so thatr you can speak with someone about your order.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices