careernetwork.com Complaints & Reviews

careernetwork.comText message to cell phone for a job I did not apply for

I received a text message regarding a job I applied for (that I did NOT apply for) giving me a number to call. When I called the number I was told they had been hired to verify the information on my application and it would take anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes. I did not apply for any such job and did not sign up for any text message notifications. Have I been unknowingly signed up for some charges that are now going to appear on my cell phone bill? Where do I file a formal complaint?

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Tl
      tlacy1 Jan 05, 2010

Call your carrier and report it so they can block the number and possibly reverse the charges.

careernetwork.comscam

I became concerned when I sent an e-mail, which was not answered ever. My question was where are these jobs located, since I am unemployed, and have been looking 2 to 3 times a day and have signed on with several job search web sites. Well NONE of these jobs have ever showed up in local newspapers, local employment agencys. Every day I would see these jobs come up, if you got a response they either want a credit score, want you to pay for it and then send it over to them via the internet. I learned a long time ago, if they want my credit score it will cost that company an interview. Beware, the email address is usually a first name and a last name @ gmail.com. I am in Florida and really looking for a job, and now I have wasted a lot of time filling stupid question, and never getting anything. Tryed to go there website today, says no host account, funny, I have been flagging their ads on craigslist as a scam and or spam. This company is supposed to be in Orlando, FL, no local address or phone number comes up.

Comment Guidelines

5 Responses
      • Do
        DONKEYPUNCHER99 Jan 12, 2010

ANYONE OFFERING A JOB THAT WANTS YOU TO RESPOND TO A GMAIL ADDRESS IS PROBABLY A SCAM. IF THEY DONT GIVE A PHONE NUMBER OR AN ADDRESS DONT RESPOND.

• Yu
        yucat29 Jun 18, 2009

Yes, and they called me on my cell phone and had the nerve to keep me on hold - something about a verification specialist calling to verify information I already submitted for a job ad. I am very leery about this company and would never verify anything they said on the phone or by email. Beware of them! A scam - I am sure!

• Te
        Tee Jun 04, 2009

I have received four job offers from four different people in their human resources department. Specifically one of the names was Samantha Towne whos title was listed as an assistant to the human resources director and the second was, Susan Collins, assistant to the Human Resources Specialist. They also claim they have already tried to contact you and have not heard from you. The only thing I received was phone calls from recruiters trying to sign you up for school. This is a scam for information obviously.

• Fr
        Frank Palmer May 12, 2009

(SCAM) Careernetwork.com is a LEAD GENERATION MILL FOR PRIVATE-FOR-PROFIT COLLEGE INSTITUTIONS. Their ONLY PURPOSE is to verify peoples data extracted from their Bait-N-Switch job apps. Theirwebsite hides behind the mask of employment screenings, only to screen you for college lead generation.

• Bm
        bmcnaughton Apr 21, 2009

I answered several ads for a job in Human Resurces and have never had any kind of response except phone calls and e-mails about furthering my education, securing loans, owning a business and scholarships.