Boksburg Towing Services Complaints & Reviews

Boksburg Towing ServicesFraud/Illegal selling of vehicle

Dear Sir/Madam;

I left my vehicle (1988 BMW 320i Automatic) in a friends (Vuyisa) place in Boksburg on 18/12/2010.
He offered to purchase the vehicle from me in February, I agreed in principle.
He never honored the agreement, but he called me on 30/10/2011 to assure me that he was going to pay me as soon as possible.

Today, on 07/11/2011; I received a phone call from a gentleman called Choks, his cell number is [protected].
He told me that he was a car dealer from Johannesburg and was requesting my vehicle registration papers.
The vehicle was sold in auction by an agent and was priced at R8000.00; the agent’s number is [protected]. I called the agent, they said they were acting under Johan’s instructions from Boksburg Towing Services, his number is [protected].

I called Vuyisa to check if he knows about the auction. He told me that he has moved flats, but was going to tow the vehicle from the blocks of flats he was initially residing at. He was told the vehicle was told away, but nobody gave him the details or contacted him thereafter.

I then called Johan, he promised to call me back but to no avail. I then sent the Vuyisa to go to the address where Boksburg Towing Service; at 6 Burnley Street; Benoni South. He was told the storage for the last three months is R45 000.00

My complaint is as follows;

1. Boksburg Towing Services never contacted me nor Vuyisa when they towed the vehicle away;
2. They have no legal rights to sell the vehicle because it does not belong to them;
3. Johan from Boksburg Towing Services does not want to corporate in any way.

What I can deduce from this saga, the towing company is making illegal money by storing vehicles without the consent of the owners. This is against the law and SATRA rules. They cannot argue and say they did not have my contact details, they got my contacts that’s why the dealer could call me today.

I wish to have the matter resolved as soon as possible.

• Al
    Allan Van Rensburg Sep 09, 2012

My zimbabwe registered truck ran out of fuel on the N3. I called a company to deliver fuel to my truck. In the meantime another tow company towed my truck to the nearest town. They will not release my truck until I pay them. What can I do.

Boksburg Towing ServicesThink the rules don't apply to them

These two in there tow trucks come the wrong way out of a one way street behind East Rand Mall. I was turning right and had to slam on brakes for these vultures of to make money out of someone's misfortune. I had my 5 year old son in the car with me. If I collided with then i swear they would regret it for the rest of there pathetic lives. I dare the owner of Boksburg Towing of respond to this. If you have the **, which I doubt. People like you dont have a conscience. No wonder everyone calls you lot vultures.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices