American Leisure Complaints & Reviews

American Leisureunautorized charge on credit card

As I was paying my credit card bill this month, I noticed an unauthrized charge of $89.95 to American Leisure. I have never ordered anything from this company and have no idea how they obtained my credit card number. When I looked up the company on the internet, I found numerous websites with complaints of credit card fraud by this company, and their other companies --- Home Source and Easy Saver. Evidently, once they obtain your credit card number you are billed every month for the same amount. I have contacted my credit card company. Hopefully this amount will be removed from my bill, and I will receive no other billings from these three companies. If I do I will be forced to contact my attorney and cancel my credit card.

American Leisurecredit card fraud

I called Mastercard to see about the balance of my debit card and found $17.33 to be missing. Apparently, according to their transaction records, it was stolen by American Leisure, AEIS. I called American Leisure, they (recording) asked for my phone #, I provided it, and they denied the truth of this matter by saying that they did not recognize the number. I live on a small fixed income, and need every cent I receive. Please help me get this money back.
~Clyde W. Burnham II

• Ca
    Carol Ann Donohue Nov 26, 2018

November 26, 2018
    I just received a call from someone who told me a won a 2 week trip, airfare and hotel included and then on to a Carnival Cruise for 2 weeks. The only thing not included was your bar tab and gambling. Everything else was totally paid for. I asked the lovely sounding woman where they got my name and she said either a friend entered me in a contest or a trip I may have previously gone on had my name and they were trying to get back business. BULL!
    When she didn't say from the internet, I knew that it was a scam because that is the only place I have even left my name or phone number. We chatted for a good 10 minutes. The only thing she got to ask me was for my check # and name of bank. I knew something was up as soon as she asked for anything to do with my property. I happily gave her a check # and a bank since I do not have a checking account or a bank. BEWARE! I am in PA and I called Cosa, a PA senior help center and they gave me a guardian, and elder law attorney, whom I didn't ask for and she stole $40, 850, my car, all of my belongings from my apartment, threw out my furniture, bedding, jewelry, pictures, collected the escrow and put me in a nursing home where I remain 19 month later. I have called or written everyone, even the FBI and here I still sit. I am 69 years young, in good health and do no belong in here, broke, no home or
    belongings and this is how the state of PA screwed me! God only knows how many other seniors they and she have done this to. Beware, I had a call that told me there was a warrant out for my arrest and they were coming out to pick me up. But what they really wanted was my social security # and my birthday. These people should rot in hell someday. What goes around comes around & I believe God has a reason for everything happening in life, but we must be AWARE! If anyone else has gone through what I'm living through or can help, please write,
    [email protected] Bye and God Bless!

American LeisureStrikes again

They have been taking money out of my account for over a year before I discovered it.. It was below %17.00 every month so it was not as noticeable, that is probably how they get away with it, especially older people.

Not even sure how to get them to stop but am working on that. They maybe rich now but they will end up scamming themselves sooner or later. I am going to get legal counsel to see if I can recover any of my money.

People check your accounts and make sure no small amounts are coming out like this, where is the law to stop people like this? The company CEO's and executives even have the nerve to put their names and pictures on their website.

American LeisureUnauthorised withdrawal

This is another fraudulent company just like EASY SAVER . This two companies have come up with the idea to acquire people's account number and make withdrawals from them without authorisation. They have to be stopped. They have to feel the full weight of the LAW so that they don't get the opportunity to do this to other innocent people.

I do not know this so called company and have never done business with them. I will inform my bank about this fraudulent companies and put a stop to their scams.

I intend to follow this matter fully and if possible seek legal compensation in every form for their devious act that has caused me a lot of problems both physically and emotionally. They have robbed me and i am sure they will continue to do this to others if they are not stopped.

AMERICAN LEISURE - You are thieves, Scam artist, Rogues . I know you will get whats coming to you. I WANT MY MONEY!!!

American LeisureMembership Cancelation

www.american-leisure.com
Member Cancel Center

It took me forever to finally get to a website to cancel my membership for American Leisure. I was never able to cancel the membership with the instructions provided when I called the number from my credit card statement. When I finally spoke with a live call center agent, he refused to let me cancel my membership, he wanted to charge me 14.95 for a 12 month membership; I had to hang up on him. I did however gain the information I needed to cancel my membership from this call center agent (The name on my membership was incorrect so I was never able to cancel the membership online).

I listed the website at the top of the page that you can use to cancel your membership online. Scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the instruction on the Member Cancel Center tab.

Good luck and happy Membership Cancellation to all--

• Sh
    Sherry's Upset May 19, 2011

Just called the 800-444-9800 and spoke with rep Chris. Again, this company has unauthorized access to my US Bank account. Apparantly, they've debited my account since 02/22/2010 for $16.95, a very small amount. But that's $254.25 of my money. And they think they did me A FAVOR of refunding me $16.95!!! ARe YOU KIDDING ME???? Can they be sued for this right here???? Again, this was unauthorized, which means I didn't approve (or had knowledge) of this. Anyhow, he claimed to have cancelled this membership...confirmation # CHJZ157669202AM. And since the cancellation, I had him to check for other memberships that were unauthorized and he claimed that I had the EZ Saver memebership as well...cancelled that too!! This is crazy!!! If anyone has some legal advice...please contact me!!

Sherry
    [email protected]

American Leisurewant to cancel

I was told after 30 days I could cancel the membership if I found I did not use it. I did not use it and now I can't seem to cancel the account. I do not want them to continue to charge my credit card but have yet to talk to a human to tell them I want out.
My husband is disable and we live on a fixed income, this is not something I want or can afford. I hope you are able to help me.

Sharon Hodnette

My name: Sharon Hodnette
3580 Redman Drive, Melbourne, Fl. 32904.
email: whodnette1.[protected]@netzero.com.

American Leisure — Unauthorized charges

I saw their number on the television and called them. They said they offer memberships on real estate...

American LeisureUnauthorized billing

I had sign up for i month free trial membership on the phone with Bargainnetwork, a foreclosed listing company. Bargain acknowledged me i can cancel the membership whenever i want. So i did cancel the membership within the trial period.But until recently i just found out, the 3 companies, easy saver, American leisure, and home source had already charged me $19.80 each for every month.

i called them, they told me i signed up for the membership through Bargainnetwork, which i have absolutely no idea about it!

• Valerie Jun 02, 2008

This company and Easy Savers have been taking 14.95 each out of my husband's credit card for 2 years!!! Okay, so we were stupid and didn't catch it--nonetheless, we were charged for a product that we didn't order. I have NO idea where they got the (now cancelled) credit card information, because it wasn't from us. When I called, within three supervisors they had promised to refund one of the years, but not without telling me repeatedly that they couldn't, it was too late, blah blah blah. I will be calling again to see about getting the other year refunded as well. We never even ordered this product, whatever it is! This is outrageous! And is it legal??

• Ca
    Carolyn Oct 03, 2008

I ordered something else on the phone and suckered into the memebership of American Leisure an Easy Saver. The woman on the phone also promised me a $25 gas card and a $25 walmart giftcard upon accepting this trial offer. I did it. All I kept getting in the mail was postcards asking for my name and address to request the gift cards. I mailed them in me paying the extra postage. Never saw a single card. This is a big fat lie!!!

• Lb
    lbmelissa Dec 08, 2009

Hi peggy! Keep fighting them! They are thieves! I am a victim as well. I got two refunds back out of 10. I am calling them for the last 8 refunds! I closed my debit account as well. My question to you is how are you having them refund you back if you closed the account they were charging you? By check?

American LeisureRip off

Between the months of May-August this company EasySaver/American Leisure (unknown to me) somehow obtained my checking account/ATM debit card number and was billing me $16.95 monthly.

I did not notice until August and IMMEDIATELY contacted my bank to report this fraud. I have never heard of this company, never purchased anything from this company, never joined anything, etc. And was not sure how long they had been stealing from my bank account, to find out it had been four months (May-August)

I called the toll-free 800 number included in the line item of my bank statement. The pre-recorded greeting says 'if you are calling to cancel your membership (which I NEVER had) to go to 'cancelmyeasysaver.com' (strangely it specifically instructed you NOT to use www. before the web address) after holding for more than 30 minutes to 'speak to a representative' I did as instructed 'cancelmyeasysaver.com' this is where I got a list of links about consumer [redacted]s of EasySaver and/or American Leisure.

I also IMMEDIATELY canceled my ATM/debit card and had a new one re-issued.

Reading other very similar consumer complaints it is clear this is FRAUD and I hope the Better Business Bureau is investigating this activity.

American LeisureScam billing

My 18 year old daughter was online in August and ordered boots for college. The next thing we know is that there are two $16.95 charges on her bank statement but unfortunately didn't catch the other two the prior month. I contacted the 800 number provided to me by our bank to Easy Saver. I informed them that my daughter never authorized these charges and I want the account canceled and her money refunded.

She proceeded to inform me that she did authorize the charges and the page where she included her email address explained all of it. She said that there was a $50.00 gas card and $50.00 Walmart card for her doing it. Also mentioned that she was mailed, back in September, information on how this worked. I spoke with my daughter and she never received anything in the mail, never received any gas or Walmart card and doesn't even know who these people are.

She said she would cancel the account as of 10/31 and would put in a request to get the latest two charges refunded (will believe it when I see it) and was very rude to me on the phone - unfortunately I did not get a cancellation number from her.

I contacted my bank to dispute the charges and they were basically no help -she told me that if they had something where my daughter entered her email address...then she signed up and they were valid charges. I told her my daughter never signed up and didn't have a clue who they were. She told me my only recourse was to contact Easy Saver/American Leisure to see if I could get my cancellation number and my get a nicer rep.

I called the number again and decided to try their online cancellation which they give you in a recording cancel.myeasysaver.com but when you enter it - it takes you to the Ask.com website.

How can companies get away with this crap.

• Vi
    victorylane Dec 28, 2009

Thanks for the information. I actually found the website and it was
    cancels.myeasysaver.com

it takes you there to cancel. I'm hoping it worked. My father signed up for something and I'm trying to track down all these companies to put an end to it.

For everyone's future reference they showed up on the bank statement as

Ez Saver 800-262-619 MD (maryland I'm assuming)
    and
    Amer Leis 877-564-853 MD

The first charges were for $1.00, and I haven't seen any additional charges. Not sure how long the "trial" period is since this is my father's account, but I'm hoping I got it in time before any additional charges come through.

Good luck to you all who encounter this.

Amy

American Leisure — Fraud and scam

I have no idea from where these companies got my bank account! American Leisure, Home Source and Easy Saver...

American LeisureUnauthorized billing to credit card

American leisure unauthorized billing to credit card and when attempts, many, many to contact them you only get a recording. You have no idea whether your calls are being sent to Pluto or to someone that is going to do something about your call. Also, I want verification that these charges were verified by me. While ordering another product, sales pitches were made for other items. No is my standard answer to these questions. Is there a way they have to verify that these charges were actually made.

American Leisure — Fraud & Deceit

When you call the number to cancel, the recording puts you on hold then give you a phony url to cancel...

American LeisureScam

I do not have any knowledge of signing anything with this company name on it, but received 2 different charges on my bank account with their names on it. First month they charged me with $1.00 which I did not noticed and next I received $16.95. And same thing happed with EASY SAVER too. Seems like big fraud is going with these 2 companies together. Please help me to get rid of this American Leisure and Easy Saver.

American LeisureI want to cancel

I want that cancel the membership as soon as possible. I reject continue with this. I have one cancellation confirmation number [protected]. I'm going to talk to the bank that no pay any other charge. My phone number is [protected]. I'm not interested because the company sent to me products that I don't order. I don't want anything else with this company. When I speak to them I agree to buy when I need the product, not charges before. I want that this stop. The company is American Leisure.

Jacob Aug 26, 2008

I am very unhappy with my subscription to this magazine . I want to cancel my subscription now.

• Ba
    bamajim Jan 24, 2009

I sent a note to 4501 Fobes Boulevard, Lanham, Md. 20706 canceling this so call membership. I sent the note after staying on the phone for quite some time waiting for a customer rep. What a bunch of crap!!!

heidi leck Mar 12, 2009

i just cant afford this right now i want to cancel this

heidi leck Mar 12, 2009

i dont want this anymore

heidi leck Mar 12, 2009

i want to cancel this i have been on a trial period and i dont use it so just go ahead and cancel it

heidi leck Mar 12, 2009

I want to cancel this. I am on a trial period so just go ahead and end it now, thanks.

• Je
    jen Mar 31, 2009

I have no use for this product and want it cancelled

• Je
    jen Mar 31, 2009

American Leisure — Scam charges!

I do not have a lot of information about this company. I do not have any knowledge of signing anything with...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices