AAA Auto Repair Complaints & Reviews

AAA Auto RepairStay away

I live in Wilmington, NC and my AAA auto center is located on Oleander. I took my car in for a state inspection last week, and mentioned to them that I had a squeak in the front and would they please check it out. They phone me to say that I needed new struts and it would be $1700. I went to two other tire places which specialize in struts, and they both said, "This is crazy!" It turns out that I didn't need new struts at all but a minor repair which cost me $214. I phoned the center, talked with a woman who said she would have her boss phone me the next day--that was a week and a half ago and I've heard nothing, but what could they say since they were obviously trying to rip me off. I've since heard that this garage is know for being a rip-off place.

• Kl
    KLillev Mar 09, 2010

Car was taken to 196 Hillside service, inc for a replacement battery. Battery was installed, but battery light came on . Was told that the alternator was not working, that I need to change the alternator. I took it to another shop, and was told that the alternator was damaged internally. There was no problem with the alternator when I took it to the shop at hillside. This was deliberated done by the hillside shop.

• Di
    Disgruntled Cust. Aug 08, 2010

I responded to an ad on Craigslist for Mechanic services. I had a mechanic named Matt Durocher do some repairs to my transmission. He stated he is a certified mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired correctly and he refused to honor his warranty, avoiding calls and making excuses. I later found out through the State of MIchigan that he is UNLICENSED. He lied about that and about standing behind his work. His services should be avoided.

AAA Auto RepairLies, Deceit, Harassment, Deception

These 3 locations are owned/operated by the Abuzaid brothers. All have several aliases to avoid lawsuits, and their criminal history. Some of the brothers have been arrested for drug possession, theft, aggravated theft, assault on wife. One brother is presently on felony probation, one brother has served time in a federal corrections facility. They have numerous complaints against them on the internet because of their business practices and attempts to rip off customers. If you dare to question them you will be threatened and called every filthy name conceivable. (Review some their responses to complaints on the internet.)
AAA Auto Repair aka AAA Complete Auto Repair affiliated advertised business contact information:
Location 1 - AAA AUTO REPAIR– owner Maged Mohamed Abuzaid, aliases David Reyes, Dave Reyes, Joe Cruz, Majed, Madged, Maged Abu Zaid

Incorporated as A AUTO REPAIRS, INC. dba AAA AUTO REPAIR, AAA AUTO REPAIRS, AAA AUTO REPAIR SHOP, JARI AUTO CARE, JARI AUTO AIR

located at Hillcroft and Beechnut
8504 HILLCROFT ST
HOUSTON TX 77096
[protected] FAX

Location 2 AAA COMPLETE AUTO REPAIR,
Wael Mohamed Abuzaid, alias Tony Abuzid (sic); Ahmed Mohamed Abuzaid, alias Allen
Incorporated as A AUTO REPAIRS, INC. dba AAA COMPLETE AUTO REPAIR, A.A.A. COMPLETE AUTO REPAIR, AAA AUTO REPAIR
located at Bissonnet and Cook

12160 BISSONNET ST
HOUSTON TX 77099
[protected] fax
Location 3 AAA AUTO REPAIR INT. - not incorporated, Mahmoud Mohamed Abuzaid, alias Mike
located at Bellfort and Kirkwood
11753 W. BELFORT #121
11753 W. BELLFORT #121
11753 W BELLFORT #121

11753 WEST BELLFORT #121
STAFFORD TX 77477
[protected] hour

FOURTH DEFENDANT CHARGED IN FRAUDULENT SBA LOAN SCHEME PLEADS GUILTY BEFORE JURY SELECTION

HOUSTON, TX – Maged M. Abuzaid, 37, pleaded guilty to bank fraud arising from a scheme to obtain a $1 million United States Small Business Administration guaranteed loan from a Houston area bank through false representations to fund the purchase of a convenience store in Silsbee, Texas. United States Attorney Don DeGabrielle announced the Abuzaid, who pleaded guilty, May 22, 2006, just before jury selection was scheduled to being, is the fourth of a total of five defendants charged for their involvement in this scheme to be convicted. Abuzaid’s co-defendants, Mohammad Islam, 38, Habib Murshed, 37, and Zulfikar Datoo, 53, all pleaded guilty to bank fraud or conspiracy to commit bank fraud earlier this month. A fifth and last defendant, Noman Tabani is believed to be in Pakistan. A warrant for his arrest remains outstanding. more... »

###

The charges on which the defendants were convicted involved a fraudulent loan scheme devised between March 7, 2000 and June 30, 2000, to fraudulently obtain a United States Small Business Administration guaranteed loan in the amount of $2.4 million from a Houston area federal insured banking institution to fund the purchase of a warehouse and laundering approximately $473, 000 of the proceeds. The jury returned its verdict convicting Hamilton and Nathan on Tuesday, February 20, 2007.

Noman Tabani, a loan broker in Houston, Texas, who represented 1st American in connection with its loan application to purchase of the Mesa Drive warehouse, is charged in this case and is also a fugitive.

Maged Abuzaid, a business associate of Tabani, has pled guilty in another case.

###
ABOUT Wael "Tony" Mohamed Abuzaid, who the records show is on probation for felony theft until 7-7-2013

Case (Cause) Summary

$2, 000.00

Next/Last Setting Date
7/8/2009

###

We know the MO of the Abuzaids: Lie, deny, blame, steal, defraud.
The solution is simple. Pay your customers for the damages and stop the chronic lying and dishonesty.

Some unsatisfied customer allegations with their outstanding monetary claims requested for settlement:

MR TAYLOR - Car damaged by AAA. Customer went to talk to owner but was threatened, cussed out, yelled at, told to "go tell everyone" and to "go jack off." Customer took recommendation to tell everyone. Owner Maged Abuzaid told this customer that he would rather spend $10, 000 fighting than paying for the damages. Customer claim requested to settle $1000. AAA offered to pay MR TAYLOR $1000 and MR TAYLOR accepted AAA's $1000 offer to settle his claim, but AAA has not yet paid him anything.
Customer quote: "Every day my case is not settled is another day I am working on my case, another day I warn people to avoid AAA, and another day that Maged M Abuzaid should know I am not messing around. Apparently I have not gotten AAA's attention yet since my claim is still outstanding, so I have more work to do."

TARA SEARS-ALTHEN - Car wrongfully seized by AAA with an illegitimate lien placed on vehicle. AAA still in possession of car. Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act Notification was recently sent. Customer claim requested to settle $22, 000.
Customer quote: "Because I am a woman, AAA described me on the Internet as a 'maid' and an 'old hag' which can hardly be called a sensible settlement offer. At least they haven't slapped me or dragged me by my hair as Maged's wife alleged he did to her in a domestic violence police report."

VM PASSAT - This company is abusing the mechanics lien process intentionally. The business utilizes various internet site like Craigslist and Backpages, by luring individuals in with a very competitive prices, and advertising free towing, as well as other perks, to get the consumer to chose their services, and once the vehicle is in AAA Auto possession the charges are doubled or tripled without any notice given or authorization agreed to by the consumer, if the consumer disputes the charges a mechanics lien is used to retain the vehicle in order to extort the consumer for the new exorbitant amount for the undisclosed repairs or to permanently deprive the consumer of the vehicle that is in the shop's possession. These actions essentially amount to a theft, considering the value of the car versus the amount agreed, or even disputed amount. Customer claim requested to settle - amount unknown.

PITBULL - my girlfriend use to work for them and had her car fixed also.
1st. She quit without giving him a two week notice and refuses to pay her. we are taking the owner to court.
2nd. ### work she had her car taken for body and paint work. they charged her over $800 to paint her car and what they did is they took her car to MAACO for a $300 paint job.

FRED ELLISON - BEWARE..RUN RUN RUN. WhAT A RIP OFF ..THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR WHAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A FREE ESTAMITE..THEY WILL TELL MOST EVERYONE THAT COMES IN ITS YOUR HEAD OR SOMETHING MAJOR..WHILE I WAS THERE THREE PEOPLE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM..YEAH RIGHT..REFUSED TO RELEASE MY CAR UNTILL I PAYED HIM 200.00 FOR A ESTIMATE..

CIGCRIPMASSEY - This place ripped me off! First of all they over charged me on fixing my cadillac.Second of all my car wasnt thoroughly checked.Third of all they took stuff out of my car.I had an old battery and a gas can that was taken out of my car.My car ran for at least two weeks before something messed up on it.I am highly displeased with their work, and i would suggest them to do a better job. Sincerely, Ralph Massey

HOMERD - I have a 95 Del Sol that i was taking care of very well, i met one of the guys who works there and he told me to bring my car to add a suspension that i bought recently. They promised me a payment plan and then they told me that I have to pay all the balance off before I get my car back. This is unfair and it really doesn’t match our agreement. Some people had similar problems with this company and they had posted complaints.

AVOID THESE THUGS AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Aa
    aa complete auto repair houston liars Dec 06, 2011

AA Complete Auto Repair Houston aka AAA Auto Repair Houston screwed up my car. Refused to make it right. Sent disgusting text messages to my phone when I complained. Do an Internet search for these guys to see all the other screwed over customers. Wish I knew before going there that they were in prison for fraud and probation for theft but of course they dont advertise that.. Instead they advertise they are "mechanics you can trust." UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Trust what, to rip you off?

Here is one site about the Maged Mohamed Abuzaid brothers

www.AAACompleteAutoRepair.com

Active lawsuits and more in process:

• Co
    concerned houston citizen Dec 21, 2011

Spread the word! Let everyone you know about AA Complete Auto Repair Houston and AAA Auto Repair Houston. The people of Houston have ruled in Houston small claims court yesterday for Umeka Lewis, showing that they do not like the Abuzaid's acting as terrorists to their customers.

http://www.AAAcompleteautorepair.com for an expose on the Abuzaid thug brothers.

Parties For: LEWIS, UMEKA

Judgment Amount:$5500.00
    Attorney’s Fees:$1500.00
    Post-Judgment Interest:5.000000%

one more unhappy customer Sep 28, 2012

The BBB of Houston gave AAA an F, so they closed that location, changed their phone, address, name, trying to hide, but the People of Houston WONT BE FOOLED. Also, another lawsuit for $4300 has been filed, to drag the ### back into court. Well, Maged Mohamed Abuzaid, aka David Reyes, we will help you keep losing $10, 000 after $10, 000 as you wish.

BUSINESS NAMES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ABUZAID BROTHERS:
    Jari Auto Air
    Jari Auto Care
    Triple A Auto Repair

###

Another lawsuit filed against AAA, asking for $4300 in damages!
    CHANDA BENNETT VS. AAA AUTO REPAIR
    Filed 7-3-12

Maged, you want to run the brothers out of business instead of paying your customers $1000 for damages, that’s your foolish choice.

one more unhappy customer Sep 28, 2012

They are constantly ripping people off, disconnecting the phones from which they ripped people off, then getting new phones. This is a sign of a dishonest criminal operation. What do you expect from thug brothers with felonies for fraud, theft, etc. I bet Wael Jr is proud of his daddy. Will he grow up to be a thug like his dad, or will his dad teach him to be honest, to pay customers when AAA damages their vehicles?

MANY OF THE PHONES ASSOCIATED WITH AAA, IN NUMERICAL ORDER

832-867-1122 Wael Abuzaid
    832-867-3000 12160 Bissonnet
    832-883-6489 posing as cars for sale by owner

AAA Auto RepairScrewed me big time, don't go there

I got screwed big time recently. Also they lied to me. My vehicle had an intermittent no crank problem. I was towed by AAA to one of their repair stations. After 4 or 5 days they said it was the starter. So a new starter was installed. When I went to pick it up, the car would not crank, same problem as before, the bill was $330.28 (I had already paid the bill) but they promised to remove the new starter and re-install the old one for free and also to remove the $330.28 charge to my credit card. Also, at this time I was told to get a rental car and AAA would pay for that while my car was still at AAA Repair.

After another 5 days, they still had not fixed my car, but finally told me to take it and see. The problem was not fix that was 5 weeks ago and AAA has not made good on any of their promises to me and I still have the problem plus the next day after I picked up the car, the check engine light was on and the cruise control did not work. When I ask about those, the Service Manager, Tracy Brown, Alexis Road, Toledo Ohio location, said nothing they did would cause those problems, lol, was not there before. AAA does not have the knowledge or skills to do auto repair, maybe oil changes, flat tires. So I am advising you do not take your vehicle to aaa car care plus.

AAA Auto RepairMechanics don't check or know what they are doing

Brought our car to the Atlantic Ave back in March they replaced shocks and struts b/c the car was bottoming out. Thought AAA would be good service since it is you know AAA, Nope completely wrong brought my car to the dealer recently for same problem to find out that AAA put shocks and struts that didn't support our car in. Called spoke to Mgr Mike Fason when I asked for a GM he wouldn't give me Dave Gibbs name or # and said he would contact him to contact me. I called another store to find out the Gm Name and a number called b/c since they already put wrong parts on and broke my swaybar I wanted a refund he was RUDE, Crase and said the mechanics call the parts store and get parts but I guess when the part come in they install them... So I guess they aren't checking to make sure the parts are for the correct car. Also said since under warranty to bring it back, First off why would I bring it back when the parts they installed weren't ment for my car, second they lied to me about contacting the GM. and third we have been AAA members for over 10 years and they should stand behind the name and they should be checking parts they are installing and he talked down to me b/c I'm a female but I'm a female that knows Cars STUPID... Bad Service, Mechanics don't check or know what they are doing, I could order my own parts and install them correctly for half the price what these So called Professionals did... VERY UNHAPPY, WILL NEVER GO BACK NOR TELL ANYONE TO USE THEM ... I have reported them to the BBB and hopefully they don't screw many more people...

• Al
    Alance Jul 11, 2011

Dishonest owner. Advertises 100% complete satisfaction. Damaged my vehicle but refused to make it right. Rated F with the Better Business Bureau.

AAA Auto RepairIncompetent repairman

Hello took my Vehicle to AAA car care located 5617 Albemarle Rd charlotte north carolina and TECHNICIAN MIke was to have repaired my brakes I spent 385.00 on brakes and rotors that were not properly installed also my brake fluid was not bleeded nor flush nor was fresh fluid added to my vehicle this could have caused me to have damaged my vehicle running into a tree somewhere I got my brakes done in january 2009 middle of january so about a week later I had called already to make AAA aware of the brake issue just didn't have time to bring the vehicle in because I do work alot and I do drive a very expensive car which I keep serviced at the dealership just so happen to take the car and have brakes done at AAA in january because I needed them bad and rotors and AAA was the cheapest doing the time and they put on cheaper rotors so I had time to take my car on monday march 30th 2009 which is my day off to inform AAA of the repairs of the brakes not done properly so karl had TECH MIKE recheck my brakes and I listened to MIKE state that he was not going to pull the tires back off to check brakes again MIKE came back inside and stated that my master cynlinder was leaking and I knew that was not the case because once again I keep my car serviced at the infiniti dealership so karl stated that MIKE says it's the master cynlinder and the price would be around 500.00 something dollars I am not paying for something I do not need to be repaired that's false fraud business mike did not want to check my car so he thought he could just mentioned it was the master cynlinder so he could get paid for doing a job that did not need to be done and no reason should a TECH be working in anyone's shop that's not going to work on a customer's car correctly this is serious you do not play around with anyone's transportation at all this is a car I make car payments on not spending money on something that does not need to be fixed I want the issue resolved and fixed I spent 385.00 credit as well want my brake fluid bleeded and flush and new fresh fluid put back into my vehicle I am not to far from getting an attorney because this should have not happen and I am the only one that makes payments on my vehicle I took my car to infiniti dealership on tuesday march 31st 2009 to drop car off and make sure I did not need a master cynlinder also I was scheduled for a oil change as well so had them go ahead and check the issue that AAA TECH Mike stated when I picked my car up on Thursday april 2nd 2009 I never needed a master cynlider at all but the brake fluid was notated on the notes as needs attention as I stated MIKE did not change my fluid and I have cheap rotors on the vehicle as well I have my papers from the dealership as well where this is notated where they checked I spoke with a Kurt from AAA car care on Albermarle rd which stated he was the new manager at that location MIKE Does not need to be working at this location because you do not play around with anyone's vehicle 385.00 is not a little bit of money.

Charles H McClung Mar 06, 2010

Subject: FYI: SCAM/FRAUD AAA ARIZONA
    Arizona Automobile Association–Ford Motor Co.
    1994 Mercury was towed to AAA Auto Repair, Peoria Arizona. on !2-22-06 and was there
    until I took it out on 1-2-07. Lorenzo Foster (Service Advisor) is the only contact I had
    during this time. We met in parking area on 12-22-06 had telephone conversations and
    met again when I picked up car on 1-2-07. The car was never seen by Randy Nowell
    (Business. Manager.). The only contact I had with Gary Bons (Ser. Mgr.) was on 1-3-07 with Lorenzo Foster
    and I questioned the need for radiator replacement. The conversation lasted less then
    three minutes The only decision made was I would receive refund of $201.98 overcharge
    on a gallon of coolant. I would have to wait 7-10 days for refund. On 1-8-07 I filed this complaint with Arizona Automobile Association.
    COMPLAINT:
    In my Inquiry # 18597 to AAA Arizona I said that parts were put on car that was not needed (Radiator).
    I was charged for a service that was not performed (Replace Manifold Gaskets).
    I can show why I believe that Radiator did not burst.
    I can prove gaskets were not installed as engine components were not removed in order to get intake manifold out ..
    I would like an honest, competent technician to inspect my engine compartment and I will demonstrate and prove my points. I would like monies refunded to me for these overcharged services.
    All I ever wanted from this Auto Repair was honest value and service.
    The car is on my carport to be viewed by any AAA Corporate Staff Rep at any time. I am available for any additional information you may want. I would like to expedite this matter as soon as possible so I can get needed services on power steering and engine ignition system.
    This complaint was answered on 1-19-07 (10days) later after a brief phone call from Randy Nowell on 1-18-07, At that time I told him the MANIFOLD was never removed from car to install gaskets. ON 1-18-07 I TOOK OVER 40 PICTURES OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT TO PROVE TO ALL PARTIES
    THAT THE SERVICES WERE NOT PERFORMED. I STILL HAVE THIS EVIDENCE.
    This is Randy’s answer to my complaint–sent by E-mail on 1-19-07
    ANSWER:
    Dear Mr. McClung,
    Thank you for taking the time to talk with me yesterday. I have interviewed the technician who worked on your car and also the service manager at our Peoria shop and I have reviewed the associated documentation. I am confident that the work that you paid for was both needed, and performed correctly. I want to invite you to bring the car back to our Peoria facility so that the mechanic, Joe, and service manager, Gary, can review with you what was done and explain in detail the procedures used to complete the work. Joe, the mechanic who worked on your car is a very honest, competent, and skilled technician and I’m confident that you will agree with that assessment after meeting him and talking with him about the repairs.
    I am concerned that you still have an oil leak, and that you mentioned some other problems with the car and I would like to offer a free inspection and diagnosis of any additional concerns you have as a goodwill gesture. We would like you to be present while we inspect the car for any remaining leaks – that way the technician can also explain and show you what the problems are. You can call me at 602-650-2778, or Gary at 602-308-3017 to make an appointment
    On 1-19-07 I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau asking for help in this matter.
    COMPLAINT:
    AAA AUTO REPAIR
    7422 W THUNDERBIRD PEORIA AZ
    PEORIA AZ 85381
    Complaint Description:
    Problem date 1-2-07, on this date I paid for repairs on my daughters car. After looking over invoice #0000751 I discovered an overcharge of $201.98. I returned on 1-3-07 to repair shop and demanded a refund of this overcharge.( I have documents detailing what transpired in my dealings with this Repair Shop from 12-22-06 to 1-3-07.) I will make these papers/documents available to any and all interested persons. As an AAA member filing a complaint against their employees, how can they honestly represent me? I believe this is a conflict of interests. I would like BBB to act as arbiter in this dispute. I would like to add other material, witnesses and documents as they become available. I will make car available to any and all interested parties and demonstrate my position on this matter.
    Your Desired Resolution:
    An honest and fair settlement as agreed to by parties after arbitration hearing.
    Not getting any help from BBB, I filed a complaint with Arizona Attorney Office asking for their help in this matter., 26Circumstances: Brief History: I have a complaint in writing with AAA Auto Repair that started on 1·3-07. Have met and discussed it with Gary, (Ser. Mgr.) and Lorenzo Foster (Service Advisor) Have letter from Randy Nowell, (Bus. Mgr.) who ignored my request. Filed complaint with BBB on 1-19-07. As of this date 1-29-07 there seems to be no response from this Auto Repair. My complaint is that a part (Radiator) was installed that was not needed. I was charged for a service that was not performed. (Install intake manifold gaskets) I can prove this service was never done. I am preparing documents and other evidence to present my case at BBB. (I will send these documents to you in a few days as I feel Auto repair will not appear for a hearing). I am 78 years old. I am credible and knowledgeable in the service, repair and manufacturing of automobiles. This complaint is serious as this is fraud on the part of the Auto Repair. You may reach me at XXXXXXXXX any time if you want more information. Thanks for any help you can give.
    After a letter from Arizona Attorney General stating they could not help, however I could pursue this matter in the Small Claims Court.
    I filed this matter on 5-1-07 with Manistee Justice Court Surprise Arizona.
    Manistee Justice Court
    Case # CC 2007081822SC
    Arizona Automobile Association (Defendant)
    AAA Auto Repair 7422 W Thunderbird Peoria Az.
    May 1 2007 Complaint I am suing the AAA Auto Repair for their failure to properly service the 1994 Mercury and return it to me in the condition that met all the terms and conditions of the service agreement (Invoice # 0000751)
    BACKGROUND:
    I have a complaint in writing with AAA Auto Repair that started on 1-3-07.
    Have met and discussed it with Gary, (Ser. Mgr.) and Lorenzo Foster (Ser. Advisor).
    Have letter from Randy Nowell, (Bus. Mgr.) who ignored my request.
    Any owner of a Ford product can fall victim to this scam that I encountered at AAA Auto Repair, Peoria, AZ. We are led to believe, (owners of Ford products with the V-8 281 4.6 L Engine) that the intake manifold must be removed to install heater pipe on this engine. The manifold is NOT removed as WAS this case on my daughter’s car, a 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis. They disguise this by showing on invoice as “Replace intake manifold gaskets”.
    Heater pipe is listed under parts. Invoice shows no labor charge to install. This pipe not visible to owners, so they do not know if it needs replaced. This scam is probably being used in service departments and repair shops all over the country. The removed pipe was replaced September 2005 at Thunderbird Automotive in Phoenix, AZ.
    Gary Bons, Lorenzo Foster, Joe W. did conspire and used fraudulent and deceptive methods to make repairs on the 1994 Mercury as I have stated above.
    CONCLUSION:
    I am asking this court to hold the AAA Auto Repair liable for willful failure to perform in an honest manner and charging me for services and parts not needed and enter a judgment against them.
    Therefore, I am asking for a judgment against AAA Auto Repair for the sum of 950.85 as well as the document preparation costs to file this complaint, as well as the court costs and fees, necessary to bring this matter before the court.
    A fair settlement from AAA Auto Repair. I would agree to receive all labor charges and price of the intake manifold gaskets not used. AAA Auto Repair would keep profit made on parts.
    Being under oath, I affirm I am one of the parties in this action. I have read the attached pleading and find that the statements are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
    Dated this 30th day of April 2007.
    By: _Charles H McClung___________________________
    On 6-28-07 a hearing was held, this is the results of that hearing. Dismissed with Prejudice.
    Defendants perjured themselves in Small Claims Court. .Case was to be heard by JP. Volunteer Hearing Officer was substituted at hearing. I prepared a written statement to present to Court. I read a paragraph and was stopped, court would not accept my written statement when offered again at end of hearing.
    .Volunteer Hearing Officer dismissed case with prejudice. NO judgment awarded to either party. No appeal allowed in this Court. This case involves FRAUD. I presented many documents to Court prior to court date to prove my case. I feel my case was mishandled by the Court and I did not get due process. Court lasted about 20 minutes…This is not a frivolous matter.
    Either a Justice of the Peace or an appointed Volunteer Hearing Officer may hear your case. Any party may object to the use of a hearing officer prior to the hearing date. The court can provide you with a form to make this objection. The case will then be referred to and heard by the Justice of the Peace. ARS 22-506
    Letter from Court stated my case to be heard by JP. I had no way of knowing
    who was on bench. This was my first time in a courtroom.
    My case was # 2 on docket, When I was notified and went in Courtroom he was still working on #1 case.
    I did not know who was on bench until I received a copy of JUDGMENT.
    I have since found as to why I received no help from BBB.
    Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:01:13 -0700
    Principal: Randy Nowell
    Customer Contact: Randy Nowell – (602) 650-2778
    File Open Date: January 2007
    TOB Classification: Auto Repair & Service
    BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.
    The BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, the BBB may not have current information about the company
    In Randy’s sworn statement to the COURT he states( Joe Wiley did in FACT remove and replace intake manifold). HOW CAN HE MAKE THIS STATEMENT WHEN NOT EVER SEEING THE CAR??
    He further states that RADIATOR was replaced as it was cracked. Again he never looked in ENGINE
    COMPARTMENT. (PERJURY?)
    Gary Bons tells COURT that I took car to another place before bringing it to AAA AUTO REPAIR. (LIE)
    I never approved any of the repairs. Lorenzo Foster, only person I was in contact with at AAA REPAIR SHOP was not present at hearing.
    SUMMARY:
    SCAM/FRAUD
    Ford Motor Company is allowing the use of fraudulent and deceptive
    methods for making repairs on heater pipe/tube found on
    cars with the V-8 281 4.6L engines since 1992. Labor
    charges are based on the removal of INTAKE MANIFOLD.
    Pipe/tube is then installed by using method that takes
    less time.
    This scam is being used in service departments and
    repair shops all over the country. I have documents from Ford Techs. from around the country stating that this is the method for R&R of the HEATER PIPE on V8-281 4.6L engine on 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis. ( INTAKE MANIFOLD MUST BE REMOVED)
    AAA Auto Repair, Peoria, Arizona ( owned and operated by Arizona Automobile Association) replaced this pipe on the 1994 Mercury using the method that Ford Motor Company FAILED to put in Shop Repair Manuel in 1992. AAA Auto Repair (Randy Nowell) insists they used Ford method to perform this repair operation. I have PICTURES of the ENGINE COMPARTMENT and can prove the INTAKE MANIFOLD was never removed. The pipe was replaced in August 2005 by Thunderbird Automotive
    Phoenix, Arizona. AAA Auto Repair performed this repair to “PAD THE BILL”.
    It is time that Ford Motor Company addresses this matter and puts a stop to this fraudulent and
    deceptive method used in Ford Service Departments. Only then will it end in all other Automobile Repair
    Shops.
    Arizona Automobile Association (CEO/PRESIDENT) D James McDowell needs to investigate this matter on how AAA Members are treated, take corrective action and compensate me for the ORDEAL that I have been put thru.
    Update #264173 8-16-2008
    Having filed a complaint on 1-8-07 to expose dishonest employees it seems AAA Arizona
    Inc. is not willing to admit to any wrong doing. They keep trying to cover this dispute with
    a variety of tricks. This was my request to them on 1-8-07 when this dispute started.
    Sincerely,
    Charles H McClung
    Member # 343092000 2
    This matter was handled by Randy Nowell who made no effort other than use delaying tactics as I sought
    to get help from independent third parties. This is not a frivolous matter.
    Phoenix, Ariz. March 17, 2008 – Today, chief executive officer (CEO) Jim McDowell of AAA Arizona, the state’s largest membership organization and advocate for motorists and travelers, announced that the board of directors has appointed Michael Tully the new president of the auto club.
    May 2008- Randy Nowell is no longer with AAA Arizona as Business Manager.
    June 16 2008
    Mr. Charles H. McClung
    5950 E Missouri Avenue
    Lot 31
    Glendale, AZ 85301
    Dear Mr. McClungWe have received notice from AAA National office that you have forwarded your
    complaint to them. This is to inform you we have closed this complaint after
    receiving a favorable ruling in the courts regarding this matter. We have notified the
    AAA National office that this case is closed.
    Donald J. Nunnari
    Vice President Membership Products and Service
    CC: AAA National Office
    The above letter copied and retyped from original to fit this format. (signed copy on file)
    “favorable ruling in the courts” Randy Nowell did not file a counterclaim with the Court.
    I filed application for DEFAULT as required to keep this matter in the court.
    The document I received (JUDGMENT) plainly marked—Plaintiff awarded nothing—
    Defendant awarded nothing….
    Court record ( PUBLIC INFORMATION) I will share with AAA National and any other Interested parties It now seems that this matter will be handled by President Mike Tully and CEO Jim McDowell at the Corporate level….

AAA Auto RepairScrewed me big time

I got screwed "big time" recently. Also they lied to me. My vehicle had an intermittent "no crank" problem. I was towed by AAA to one of their repair stations. After 4 or 5 days they said it was the starter. So a new starter was installed. When I went to pick it up, the car would NOT crank, same problem as before, the bill was $330.28 (I had already paid the bill) But they promised to remove the new starter and re-install the "old" one for free and also to remove the $330.28 charge to my credit card. Also, at this time I was told to get a rental car and AAA would pay for that while my car was still at AAA Repair. After another 5 days, they still had not fixed my car, but finally told me to "take it and see" The problem was NOT fix, that was 5 weeks ago and AAA has not made good on any of their promises to me and I still have the problem plus the next day after I picked up the car, the "check engine" light was on and the cruise control did NOT work. When I ask about those, the Service Manager, Tracy Brown, Alexis Road, Toledo Ohio location, said nothing they did would cause those problems, lol, was not there before.

AAA does NOT have the knowledge or skills to do auto repair, maybe oil changes, flat tires. So I am advising you DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO AAA CAR CARE PLUS.

AAA Auto RepairScam

Car was taken to 196 Hillside service, inc for a replacement battery. Battery was installed, but battery light came on . Was told that the alternator was not working, that I need to change the alternator. I took it to another shop, and was told that the alternator was damaged internally. There was no problem with the alternator when I took it to the shop at hillside. This was d elebrateled done by the hillside shop.