AA Auto Warranty Complaints & Reviews

AA Auto WarrantyI would recommend everyone to not to buy warranty from AA Auto Warranty for sure

Below is details of my horrible experience with AA Auto Warranty ad losing 1854$ for nothing. I purchased the extended warranty through AA Auto Warranty for my BMW and within 6 month from purchase date my car was involved in accident and was declared total loss. After that I contacted AA Auto warranty customer service to update them about my situation and cancel the warranty requesting refund on pro-rated basis as I no longer owned the car. Customer service person told me that they can't refund or cancel policy after 90 days period (which I don't think I was told clearly at the time of purchase, but he told me that it is in contacts which I never bothered to read anyway). After that I reminded him that I was told that policy does have a clause which states "if I don't make any claims in 5 years period then I would receive the full warranty premium back" For that, I was told that that clause is only applicable if I OWN the car for 5 years and don't make any claims. They asked me to talk to insurance company to get the money recovered from them as it was total loss (Insurance company denied this claim immediately as they told tat don't cover warranty for total loss pay-off). Anyway, I even asked AA Autowarranty that can they at least transfer my warranty to my other car (if not giving me cash refund on pro-rated basis) so that at least I can use it but that too was denied (not surprised though) I asked the customer service person that isn't my situation similar to above clause as I can't make any claims as I don't have the car with me. I don't understand why they would care if I own the car or not. (may be just to keep these type of clause to keep the money) but my request was denied . He also told me that if I want to get 1854$ back then I need to get the car back form salvage yard and keep it on my driveway for 5 years and then I can get the money back under their contract/policy (unbelievable to hear this kind of thing from any customer care person in any situation, he should call himself "customer care" Rep ). During whole conversation, customer service rep was TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL and I am confident that they don't care about anything AFTER selling warranties. Anyway, I was also told that they are ONLY broker and I need to talk to warranty company in case of any claim issues, which I find totally absurd…. If I paid the money to AA Auto Warranty then why should I go to somewhere else to get my money back? In summary, AA Autowarraty is total fraudulent company as I was told that there is no one higher than that unprofessional Customer care Rep (when I asked for supervisor) and I was told that he doesn't have any boss and he reports to CEO of the company who doesn't look into Customer service issues. I found this ridicules as how any CEO cannot care about the customer satisfaction and customer feedback. So I guess there are only 3-5 guys running this AA Auto warranty over Internet and they certainly do not have any business ethics and have no clue about customer satisfaction. I would recommend everyone to NOT TO BUY WARRANTY from AA Auto Warranty for sure. Their sales person will make all promises which you will find later that they were all lies and then you will be told that he discussed lot of policies with you at the time of purchase and your specific policy doesn't not cover this or that or has different cancellation policy. Again, never ever but warranty from AA Auto warranty under any circumstances and save yourself money and time. I am going to report to BBB also to save others.

AA Auto WarrantyPoor Product/Service

We purchased a used car warranty through AA Auto Warranty. The actual warranty was issued by Consumer Direct Warranty Services. The covered vehicle was taken in for auto repairs on several occasions. Even though the service providers followed the guidelines of the warranty, CDWS was very slow in processing paperwork, practically impossible to contact, and our vehicle was in service for several days while waiting to get response/authorization from CDWS. Ultimately, CDWS found reasons to deny the claims and provided very little to no assistance with the needed repairs even though the dealerships felt very strongly that the services should be covered by the warranty. We felt that the warranty was useless and a waste of money, not to mention the fact that we were without use of our vehicle for many days just trying to get a response from them. We also felt that AA Auto Warranty was misleading in that we purchased the warranty from them based upon their website and assurances about the quality of the warranty, and then the actual warranty was issued through a third party.

• Fe
        ferns Jun 30, 2013

I was also ripped off by aa auto and im planing a hitting them with a class action lawsuit. I am trying to contact all the people on this form and others form that also have been scammed to see if we can start a class action against them.

please email me i would love to hear about how you have made out with them and if your interested in joining

• Ad
        adnan sawar Aug 24, 2011

i am very porr help me

DASKU May 28, 2010

There are many facts supporting the claims of the original poster. Many complaints against AA Auto can be found on Complaints Board and other forums. This is the clear indication of how AA Auto operates.
        If they want to claim tens of thousands of satisfied customers, they should support this claim with a proof. Because I can't say that I'm very convinced. AA Auto is not currently rated by BBB. A+ rating is currently invalid, even they are still claiming A+ rating on their website. Why does it matter how soon after the op submitted the claim. There is a 0 to 30 day activation period and if the claim op filed was after the activation period there is no negligence in the customer's part. CDWS clearly indicated that they are not an insurance company. They are a company that sells products. And they offer warranty on their products which are supposed to protect components of the vehicle their products were used on. According to CDWS non of insurance or new vehicle warranty rules apply to their service contracts because they don't sell warranty. They sell products. The op posted the complaint on a public forum, there is nothing sneaky or smear about the op's post. I for one believe it's all true. This is nothing close to be described as dropping bombs.
        As far as AA Auto name change goes:
        FTC really started to crackdown on extended warranty scams in recent months. Many people believes it's couple of years too late, but late is better than never.
        The Federal Trade Commission had to forbid misleading terminology such as warranty to be used in company names, for companies that do not provide warranty coverages. AA Auto Warranty had no choice but to change it's name to AA Auto Protection. This is to avoid investigation for non-compliance of the federal trade regulation.

It's sad that AA Auto Warranty operated with such a misleading name for years, before FTC had to force them to change their name.

Below is a cutout from one of AAAutoProtection's own website.

{October 8, 2009

AA Auto Protection Leads the Way in Compliance

In an effort to protect consumers from predatory companies, the FTC recently announced sweeping changes in the extended service contract industry. Strict new regulations are in place to combat misleading sales practices by some companies such as robo-call telemarketing, failure to accurately disclose coverage and posing as the manufacture of a vehicle.

To avoid confusion and help consumer better understand services being offered, these new rules also forbid the use of certain terminology such as "warranty" within the industry. This includes use in company names, marketing and related material. As a result, industry leader AA Auto Warranty in changing its name to AA Auto Protection effective immediately and is working closely with the Vehicle Protection Association (VPA) and other member associations to better level the playing field and make sure all participants abide by the new rules.}

By this comment, AA Auto protection is making a statement that they are not an insurance or warranty broker. They are a service contract broker.
        But here is the part you'll like. I received an email from [email protected] in mid September of 2009 including a following palagraph.
        [DIRECT INSURED
        All warranty plans are Direct Insured and backed by AM Best rated insurance companies and authorized for sale and monitored by your state insurance department. We only offer the most secure direct insured policies and none of the warranty companies we represent are backed by risk retension(sic) groups.] I can send this email to those who wishes to review it. This is a clear misrepresentation of service contract. This is an insurance fraud. And they want to know how many more laws and regulation they violated to enrolling the op in the plan? There are people that can look in to this for us. It doesn't mean the op has no good answer. He is just busy living the everyday life. I'm very happy to defend him. Insurance regulations were broken because they represented the service contract/product warranty as a vehicle warranty/insurance. I don't know how many entities conducted investigation on AA Auto. I know at least Attorney Generals from 41 states investigated US Fidelis, the company also sold CDWS. I don't believe there are any lies on op's post. I hope the op's post is helping potential victims of the scam.

• Aa
        AA Customer Service Jan 13, 2010

Every person is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. No one has the right to libel a person or a company. We have tens of thousands of satisfied customers, an A+ rating by the BBB, and a positive reputation based on customer service and cost. The author of this complaint, whose name we will withhold, submitted a claim very soon after enrolling in the plan, which suggests that the plan was obtained to cover the repair. That is insurance fraud. But, of course, giving the customer the benefit of the doubt after the claim was denied as a non-covered component, we offered a full refund. The customer refused. Rather than dialogue, the course the customer took was to sneak attack us with a smear campaign, dropping bombs like this complaint, riddled with accusations without substance. For example, can this person document which entity was investigating us, that we avoided with a name change? What is the source of those direct quotes, other than his imagination? The complainer states that we "violated insurance regulation [sic] and state laws by selling disguised insurance policies.” What is his proof that AA Auto Protection violated any laws or regulations by enrolling him in his plan? What specific laws or regulations were violated? The customer has been directly asked these questions, and we have received no reply. It's highly doubtful that he will answer here. What laws were violated? What is your source of the quotes other than memory? What insurance regulations were broken? What entities of any kind have ever investigated us? It's easy to smear and to slander, but apparently impossible for this customer to provide specific evidence supporting his fatuous claims. This company, unlike others in our industry, such as US Fidelis, will not commit hari kari by poorly treating its clients. We accept and welcome legitimate criticism, when it is supported by recording, documents, or other tangible evidence. However, we cannot be unresponsive when someone basely lies. This customer has been notified that his false statements are legally actionable. We invite any reader of this post to contact AA Auto Protection, and we will be glad to answer any questions about this situation.

DASKU Jan 05, 2010

Please see real complaint about AA Auto Protection / AA Auto Warranty in the following links.

AA Auto Warranty / AA Auto Protection — Deceptive Fraudulent Misrepresentation

/URL removed/

DASKU Dec 21, 2009

I absolutely agree with you.
        I like to know if you have any update on the subject.
        Please let me know,

AA Auto Warranty — Terrible experience

Cory Johnson is a joke and a liar who represents AA Auto Warranties. If by hiring and retaining incompetent...