A Better Tomorrow Complaints & Reviews

A Better TomorrowRipoff

My wife called A Better Tomorrow to find out about getting help getting off prescription pain pills. They talked me into giving them my VISA credit card number. They said they would have to have $5000 up front. My wife changed her mind about going there and never saw anyone from there nor was she ever admitted. I have been trying for one month as of today to get them to credit the $5000 back to my VISA. They are a RIPOFF! Check with the Southern California Better Business Bureau website and look at all the complaints they have against them. Them decide if they are right for you. Probably NOT!

A Better Tomorrowfrom an insider

After reading some of the complaints I feel the need to comment. I am currently an employee for A Better Tomorrow as a house manager. I am a recovering alcoholic. In response to the complaint from John Wilk Scam No Treatment. The phone call issue you complain about. Yes you can call anytime but if the client is in group, with the doctor, psychaatrist, therapist or particpating in an activity we will not disrupt that part of the recovery process. Every house has a phone that is solely for the clients use to recieve and make calls from. If you are calling only the office to speak with your loved one then your loved chose either to not call you or give you the number to the house in which they were staying. The receptionist cannot give you that number as per the patient confidentuality. As to the comment PROMISE: you will be seen by a Psychiatrist. TRUTH: you will speak to a Psychiatrist once, for 30 minutes, in 6 weeks. Every client has the choice to see the Psychiatrist or not. If the client doesn't want to see the Psychiatrist the client doen't have to. It is the clients choice. I have had many family member complain that thier loved one needs to see a Psychiatrist but the client refuses. As for the theft I can't respond to that so far I haven't recieved any complains from my clients regarding misssing items. I do know that if personal items have been stolen ABT is more than willing to replace it for same or similar item. The 9000.00 you are saying provides just a pretty bed, it also provides three meals a day+ plus snacks, transportation, activities and outtings, meetings, medical dr visit, Psychiatrist (if clients wants) a therapist, and a drug and alcohol counseler. You only get what you want from any rehab program. How come a majority of the complaints are from family members and not the client themselves. A person coming out of there addiction are not normally very happy people and complain about anything they can to have an excuse to leave the program to go use again.and use those reasons as to why the program didn't work. The program at ABT or anywhere only works if you want it too. I agree that the patient intake personel are all liars and yes will tell you whatever to get you in the door. It is us as house managers to try and fix what is promised by the intake person. We at the houses have guidelines we have to follow. When a person is ready to live a sober life any program will work because that person is ready to make it work.

• Ha
        HATEWHINERS May 25, 2013

How would this place be a scam when it is the clients climbing out of windows having sex, getting high and drunk. People have free will. They go there to get clean and if they choose not to that is their own fault, I only feel sorry for their families who think that their loved ones are really ready to make that step and they are still up to their lying ways. Who are the liars? The addicts!!! ABT gives you the tools it is if you chose to use them. My only compliant is shopping at K-Mart I hate that store!

• Pa
        parisgirl Apr 07, 2013

Hope Center Inc/Better Tomorrow and the owner Sun De Lucco is a thief who lie about consolidating my debt and make me deposit $36, 000 thousand calling me almost daily telling me today we did got a good deal you have to give me $6.000 thousand sell your car because they will be at your home tomorrow and will put you in jail, she put in me such a fear that I sold a $15, 000 thousand dollar car in $6000 thousand because she insisted she is saving me from been in jail, I gave her a total of $36.000, but I missed 2 months because I got nervous breakdown and didn't have the money because she set a very high monthly payment to be given to her as cash only but I set her thru a bank just to have a proof then she send me a note that says that because I miss the 2 payments I breached the contract and she gets to keep the money, she assure me that she pay mostly, after1 year I received a court order from 1 of the companies that she told me she paid the judge order to garnish my salary, I called the other credit cards, they told me she never even called them, but they can't give me any information because she changed my address and put hers instead so I never received the mail, other companies told me she gave them a fake checks, other bounced checks, she did pay few small ones in excess of $6, 000 and she kept $30, 000 thousand as hers because she punished me for missing 2 payments, she even called my husband and brother one time and told them that she loved me and want to help me and that I need $3000 to get me out of big trouble, and they gave her behind my back because they believe she was helping me, all along she insisted I sell my home that she could get a buyer for me, her son Anthony De Lucco is a lawyer and explained me what to do but I refused, now I'm been sued by the companies she said she paid, I called a lawyer he wants $25, 000 to sue her, I need a Lawyer on contingency to help me, I lost a lot and borrow a lot from my family because she insisted that I should do that because I deserve a break, I know later how stupid I was, I had a business and when I moved to another location I invested in remodeling but I lost 60% of my old clientele and couldn't paid my suppliers, that was the reason I went to her because she advertise on line as consumer credit and personal finance, now I owe double because the interest rate is 30%, the attorney general told me that there is not a significant amount or complains for them to check her.Can somebody help me Thank you so much I appreciate your replay.

• Ru
        rudest Dec 23, 2012

This place is A SAD heartless scam and money and business is all they are focused on... Clients are not there to recover.abt DOESNT HAVE ANY TOOLS TO HELP THEMSELVES LET ALONE THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED OF IT. SNEEKING OUT GETTING DRUNK CLIMBING OUT WINDOWS, SEX AND GETTING HIGH IS ALL THAT GOES ON HERE. The house managers are illiterate addicts themselves... i WATCHED PEOPLE ALMOST DIE AND STILL BE IGNORED... LAWSUITS ARE IN PROGRESS AND YES PEOPLE HAVE DIED AT THIS FACILITY IN MURRIETA... LOOK IT UP...

• Ru
        rudest Dec 23, 2012

the house managers have no qualifications and know nothing about the business. They are strictly minimum wage paid addicts trying to recover themselves and have the iq of a marble.

A Better TomorrowGratitude

Just finished my treatment there and these people saved my life! People complain but we are all dope fiends so not surprised to here negativity about this place. The house manager there picked me up and took me to detox 1st, then treatment. I lived in a house out in wine country (ironic for an alky) and it was beautiful out there! Pool in the backyard too was nice cuz its hot in Cali! Went to a lot of cool meetings. The people there cared a lot. I read someone say rumor about 7 people dying (are you kidding me!!). These guys couldn't have 7 people die there and stay in business!! What a dope fiend. That person probably relapsed already! Not everyone was happy there but I chose to be a leader in treatment not a follower. Those that wanted to stand around and ### like chickens on a farm were never going to stay clean. I figured that I was almost dead before I got into ABT so as long as I didn't die, it was an improvement. Now I am 48 days sober, back to work and going to meetings. My family is even starting to like me again. I am truely blessed! One day at a Time!!!

• Ab
          A Better Tomorrow - Avoid - Dec 23, 2010

such crap. do you work for the company because no one would post that type of message unless you worked there. Give me a freaking break ... is this Jerrod or Paul posting? Did you guys hire someone?

A Better TomorrowScam

Company is full of lies and un-fulfilled promises. They told me they could take care of my court matters and only made thing worse. I have evidence to this regard.

• Ha
            happy2bme Nov 22, 2013

This company was built and founded on substance abuse users, gamblers, ex cons, and their families. It's all about the money. Their staff is ratchet and basic. You will not get quality treatment. Your counselor may be an ex con, all tatted up. This company is operating under many business names, so if someone see's this post, they may choose to go to American Addiction Centers, that is the same company, with multiple facilities from cali, to texas, florida, las vegas and tennesee. Be very careful dealing with this company that is a "treatment" facility, but you can go on facebook and see several of their employees in bikinis tailgating with booze in their hands. Way to go on advertising for your company. The owner of this company is a former ### who got educated after his original garage operated company came up. Don't ever go into treatment, spend that money on a therapist and a real vacation.

• Le
            Leanis Nov 05, 2012

mawmaw1 Mar 21, 2012

It is true. This facility is horrible and does not offer what it promises. It is like being in a jail; if you leave before your assigned days, they bully you and try to manipulate your family members into not believing what you are telling them: these places are terrible and will treat you with no respect. The patients with chronic conditions such as hypertension and diabetes are often delayed in the giving of their medication because the nurses at certain houses are not certified to give injections, or because they will get "iin trouble" if you don't bring them a copy of your original prescription. One lady I observed there had been waiting for eight days to receive her high blood pressure medication. DO NOT SEEK HELP AT A BETTER TOMORROW - they do not deliver what they promise. They will tell you that you receive three weekly one on one sessions with your personal therapist when it is actually three weekly group sessions. I waited for five days before seeing their physician, though they promised me a WEEKLY visit with my own personal psychiatrist. Be very careful! They will tell you lies just to get your money.

• Tr
            traini Jul 10, 2010

a better tomorrow tells people anything that they want to hear just to get their money. When i was there there were rumors about seven deaths. The state should investigate them before they do more damage. Everybody that was there hated it but they couldn't leave because their families had paid for treatment or they had a court case that required that they finish. These people are bad!!!

A Better Tomorrow — Lies

This place is nothing but a scam. They do not care about the people - they care about the money. They made me...