ReUnion.comCharged my PayPal account after cancellation

J

I have a paypal account. I signed up with reunion.com for a subscription for 36.00. I found the people I wanted to see and I canceled the account well in advance of the resubscription date. They charged my paypal account anyways. I wrote to them to get the charge reversed. They did not write back. I wrote again, asking them to reverse the charge. They did not write back. I filed a complaint with paypal. Reunion did not respond. I filed a resolution with paypal and paypal said they could do nothing. I am out 36.00 after I had canceled the account months in advance.

• Bl
    Blomeide Apr 02, 2012

Total scam, gets you to pay for publicly available information, charges you the earth. Almost impossible (I didn't manage) to get a refund thru their customer "care". I had to use a chargeback from the bank to get my money back. They have horrible and mean auto billing by default.

Sabrina Paris Apr 17, 2011

I was a Reunion.com member for one full year. I paid in advance for the whole year, and canceled my subscription 10 months later.

Two months later Reunion.com automatically renewed my subscription even though I canceled this service. They charged my paypal account regardless of having disabled automatic renewal. I filed a complaint with paypal as well as filed a resolution with paypal and paypal said they could do nothing.

I contacted Reunion.com regarding this issue but received no response!

• Al
    Alex Brown Apr 17, 2011

Reunion.com charged my PayPal account for an annual membership I canceled well in advance of the renewal date. I wrote to them but they didn't reply. I want to have the money put back into my account. Several emails went unanswered.

I contacted Paypal and they contacted Reunion, but again no response. PayPal said they can do nothing... How do I get my money back? There must be something I can do to reverse the charge.

• We
    wendydarling May 28, 2010

my paypal account just got clipped $60 worth, no notice to me at all. now i can't get onto the site to complain, they won't mail me a new password (tells you how much i used their site, huh? forgot my password no clue what it might be), altho i did request one! I am about to call, and hold out little hope of talking to anyone after reading these complaints...
    i do appreciate everyone posting their experiences, at least i know i am not alone, trusting this online company to do business above board.

• Mb
    M.Bond Dec 06, 2009

Meg Whitman was the chairperson of Ebay/Paypal until 2008. Paypal did not respond to any of the claims thousands of people filed against reunion.com for illegally taking money out of accounts. Meg Whitman is currently running for Governor of California. Let her know that this kind of irresponsible management will NOT be tolerated. $36 may not be a lot of money for Ms. Whitman, but it adds up.

Let her know that we are not happy

• Di
    discrased on Nov 14, 2009

it is illegal an dont want it put there so everyone can view it from the browser

• Di
    discrased on Nov 14, 2009

reunion.com is showing all my infro when u put my user name in the browser an didnt give them permission that is illegal how do i get them to remove it now

• Ra
    ranofa Jul 08, 2009

I subscribed for a 2 day 3 dollar offer.Then I found that they took 36 dollars from my bank and made me a premeire member.Now the low lifes won't respond to my emails.THEY ARE THEIVES.We need a class action lawsuit.Any lawyers out to help us would be greatly appreciated.This really burns me up!!!

• Sm
    smears May 14, 2009

they have been charging my credit card for months without my permission. i cancelled yet, they continue to charge me. i am sick of these companies trying to take advantage of people like this.

Anza Apr 23, 2009

Thankful to read these reviews
    Sorry people were scammed
    Definately will not to subscribe to Reunion.com

Anza Apr 23, 2009

I was considering purchasing a membership with this company. I Will NOT be doing that now after reading your reviews. I am so sorry the scam happened to you; but very thankful that you shared your experiences with everything. Thank you again, Anza J.

janet gurda Mar 31, 2009

please cancel my subscription immediatley. thank you janet gurda

janet gurda Mar 31, 2009

please cancel my membership with mylife/reunion-search telephone #[protected]. (your company is not excepting calls at this
    time) I no longer wish to have 60.oo deducted from my credit card.
    janet gurda

• Sn
    Snortles Mar 19, 2009

It's kind of deceptive. It says in red letters $5.00 per month. In the small print it says they bill it all at once.

• Wi
    wisconsinwillie Mar 08, 2009

I purchased a three month subscripti0n to reunion.com. After three weeks was dissatisfied, wrote to them and stated to discontinue service. three months later I was charged for another three months without my consent.

• Sh
    Shirley Israels Mar 05, 2009

I signed up for $5.00 a month and they charged $60.00 a month and I can not contact them to cancel or DO NOT renew either my computer or by phone. They are a lousy company and I regret what I did! HELP!

• Ro
    rocker314 Mar 03, 2009

This is too bad. you can double check other complaints using Scam Search.

• To
    Tom Buck Mar 03, 2009

Charged $19.95 for unauthorized membership to AP9 Savingsace after my wife joined reunion.com. My wife has no info on or saw any referral for Savingsace. Called Savingsace about unauthorized charges... they said they got the information (credit card number as well as membership info) from Reunion.com. Savingsace said would credit our account.

How many more places did reunion.com sell my credit card information to???

• Ps
    P. smith Jan 09, 2009

I received a letter from my back that a debit was removed from my account from this above reunion.com, I have only uses this account for ebay purchases, on 12-17-09, then was charged for this website on 12-28-09 which I did not purchase! It is ascam! I am going to file nessary complaints. Beware!

• Su
    suzangrace Dec 28, 2008

i believed i could find classmates for an upcoming reunion. the data base is slow, will not load pages even after several attemps. can't contact them because i can't load the pages to see who or how to complain. seems like a waste of time for what could be a good idea for a website.

• Ye
    yesouisi Dec 24, 2008

Don't bother with that site. Don't waste your time and money...They service is somewhere between poor and non-existent in every way imaginable.

• Rk
    rklob18 Dec 18, 2008

This site is extremely misleading. They phised my entire contact list. I opened because site leads you to believe it is sent from a friend. I sent a warning letter to my entire contact list warning them what a scam this is.
    This is needs to be stopped!

cheryl macy Dec 15, 2008

I believe I should get my money back. You can't access anything unless you pay more money..I paid enough..

JANICE DUBIEL Nov 29, 2008

Thank you! I will be writing several complaints about this company.

• Mi
    mildred Thornton Nov 28, 2008

I want to cancel my subscription to Reunion.com now

• Me
    melcmartin Nov 25, 2008

This company phishes your entire contact list and sends out invitations to everyone. Unsolicited phishing is illegal!!!

chesley warren greene Nov 24, 2008

i am parilized living on s.s. and cant afford to join would like to beg of you to let me have access to your help program to find and get in touch with one person from colledge i am stuck at home always and would really like to find christine birskovich from applachain state in nc 1981 please help

• Ji
    Jimmy Porter Nov 24, 2008

I could not believe my luck. I just finished a hassle with some loose weight pills that uses the same marketing program, same billing type program, same contact us program as this reunion company. I did not think I would ever get caught again, but here it is just a few days and this reunion group has me in their web. I was suckered in by an ad promising information for pennies and when I responded with my credit card number (bad mistake and no one gets any number from me from now on) and I get this one year charge of $60 that is non refundable. So back to the bank, cancel my current card and get a new credit card number and mess up all kinds of legit stuff, but it is the only way to cut off the offender. I cannot afford to have these jewish ###s playing with my credit card.

• Da
    Dar Nov 02, 2008

I have been unable to sign in to my account because they have misinterpreted my email address they have me listed as [email protected] which is not valid and has not been for years. my real email is [email protected] how do I get them to change it? they just keep saying furnish a new email address which I did as shown
    and they still say that my email is invalid. yikes~~~~~!!!
    good grief what does a person have to do?

• Do
    DONNA F. Oct 09, 2008

PLEASE CANCEL ME FROM THIS REUNION THING. I NO LONGER WISH TO RECIEVE ANY MAIL FROM YOU. I NO LONGER WISH TO RECEIVE ANY E-MAIL REGARDING ANY NAMES OF KENNY OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS.

PLEASE ONLY ONE MORE E-MAIL FROM YOU, AND THAT IS THE ONE LETTING ME NO THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL AND THAT I WILL NOT BE RECEIVING ANYTHING ELSE FROM YOU.

DONNA F. AND (KENNY)

Josh Oct 08, 2008

I found their parking lot and dumped three pounds of sheet rock nails in it. Have fun paying for tire repair reunion.com. I hope the taliban get you. My you be sodomized by large cattle.

• Ak
    akdebs Aug 12, 2008

I've been on hold with 16 callers ahead of me for 25 minutes trying AGAIN to cancel my account. These people suck.

• Re
    ReallyReallyPissedoff Jul 20, 2008

Here's a good one for all of you who signed up with Reunion.com... THEY SELL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES!!!
    I signed up using a fake name/screenname and have now gotten continuous unsolicited emails all addressed to that fake user name! The ONLY place on the web that I used that fake name was on Reunuion.com! Not only would I recommend NOT paying for a subscription, for your own safety and security, don't even register with them!!

• J
    J. May 28, 2008

I think reunion.com is operating illegally - certainly it can't be ok to take my email address book and send email to others saying "your friend wants to contact you" without my permission? They don't answer their phone - first clue that they are a shady operation. Then they make it so you cannot exit their service! The Better Business Bureau rates them an F. Need I say more! Yahoo should kick them off and I mean right now!

• Lo
    Louis May 25, 2008

Reunion renewed my subscription without my consent and will not give me credit. NO NOT USE PAYPAL the are useless.

Mary Sullivan May 07, 2008

Reunion.com is poaching their members email accounts and sending emails to all contacts, asking them to join reunion.com. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and if you lost money to them, you should also.

• Mi
    Miles Jones Apr 24, 2008

If you have fallen for this trick and elected to subscribe, and THEN realize you have been duped, cancell immediately on the phone by using the following: "Should you have additional concerns, our Customer Service Team can be reached toll-free at [protected] Everyday, 6a.m. - 11p.m. pst. (Excluding major Holidays)" make sure you talk to an operator and verbally indicate you want to cancell-you won't get your money back so take the payment you made with a credit card on the chin. The only comfort is in the following public delclaration made by Reunion.com on their "User Agreement" link.

2. Cancellation of Your Subscription

You may terminate your MEMBERSHIP at any time. When YOU terminate YOUR MEMBERSHIP, YOUR account will not be automatically renewed and YOUR access will be terminated on the expiration date.

• Be
    Beverly Williams Mar 09, 2008

I have purchased quite a number of things on the Internet. Only once before has the purchase gone through PayPal. It ended up such a mess I had to change my bank account as well as my credit card.

Now, with Reunion.com I'm afraid I'll have to do the same. First, however, I intend to notify my bank manager personally (the bank's within walking distance); contact the Better Business Bureau, FCC, Public Citizen's Consumer Watch, CODE Pink, NOW, and a good many other orgainzations that are in my address book!

It's QUITE OBVIOUS that Reunion.com knows exactly what it's doing to thousands of unwilling and unsuspecting persons (especially lonely old people) and finds nothing wrong with it. WRONG!!!

• E
    E Feb 26, 2008

I just tried calling Reunion.com AGAIN and got a machine. It''s not even 10:30 on a weekday morning and they aren't working. What kind of company is this?

john douglas spillane MPA Jan 18, 2008

Reunion will not allow me to give fees due to one of their listed grads without paying a large fee to them!! THIS STINKS!!