Menu

complaints

ResumeCoach Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
12 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with ResumeCoach at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for ResumeCoach has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ResumeCoach. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

ResumeCoach complaints 12

Sort by:

Newest ResumeCoach complaints

Z
2:19 pm EST

ResumeCoach Unsubscription from 14 days trial

Totally scam! I don't recommend to anyone. They trick you during unsubscription from 14 days trial. You think you completed the steps but they charge you the amount $29.95 since you skipped a very tricky unsubscription process. I contacted the customer service right away and asked for refund but they refused to refund. What a shame. Taking advantage of people and not giving back their hard earned money. I hope you lose 1000 times. I am extremely disappointed.

Claimed loss: $29.95

Desired outcome: $29.95

Y
10:46 pm EDT

ResumeCoach Unauthorized subscription

April 2023, I subscribe the FREE trial on resume coach at a cost of 0.95USD, but after 14-day trial, it upgraded my account to PREMIUM at a cost of 29.95USD per month without even noticing me. And the truth is that I have never log in to the account after the trial. What's worse, it costed me 29.95*4months = total 119.8USD!

I tried to file a complaint on the after-sale customer service, but they only agreed to refund 29.95USD, not the 119.8USD, saying that I agreed the Terms and Services at the very beginning! No, I only agreed the trial cost, not the premium, this is FRAUD!

Hereby, I hope that complaintsboard can help me with this problem.

Sincerely!

Desired outcome: full amount refund 119.8USD

L
11:03 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ResumeCoach Unleashing the Power of Creativity: A Review of 'The War of Art' by Steven Pressfield

Overall, I was happy to buy a built resume for $2.50! I was not happy to find out 3 months later that it automatically signed me up for a subscription plan for $29.95 a month. First off, $29.95 a month for a RESUME builder is absolutely ridiculous. Second, they are terrible at informing you that you are being signed up for a subscription plan making my $2.50 resume cost over $90, basically a legal scam in my opinion

Is ResumeCoach legit?

Our verdict: ResumeCoach emerges from Complaints Board's rigorous review process as a business with pronounced trust issues, calling into question its legitimacy. Customers are advised to take comprehensive precautions and conduct in-depth research before any form of interaction with ResumeCoach.

ResumeCoach earns 25% level of Trustworthiness

Low Trust Caution: Complaints Board finds ResumeCoach with a 25% trust rating. Suggest safeguarding personal information when using.

Based on our evaluation, ResumeCoach has resolved only 0% of 12 complaints, indicating a severe lack of commitment to customer satisfaction, trustworthiness, and responsiveness. This may suggest that the company is apathetic or disinterested in addressing the opinions and concerns of its customers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• ResumeCoach has received 4 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.
  • Complaintsboards detected workplace-related services and this not maintained or managed properly, it can negatively impact the company's image and credibility. If you're on the hunt for a job, it's important to be aware of employment scams that may try to take advantage of your desire for employment.
  • Resumecoach.com has a valid SSL certificate, while Scammers can obtain a valid SSL certificate by using fake information or by using a stolen or hijacked domain. In some cases, they may even use a certificate issued to another legitimate website.
  • Our scan shows ResumeCoach website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.
  • Resumecoach.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.
  • Several positive reviews for ResumeCoach have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.
  • We looked up ResumeCoach and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information
R
10:18 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ResumeCoach Mixed Experience with ResumeCoach: Helpful Customer Service, but Possible Scam Tactics

I gotta say, my experience with ResumeCoach was a bit of a rollercoaster ride. The first time I used it, I forgot to cancel my subscription in time and ended up getting charged. But when I reached out to their customer service team, they were actually pretty helpful and refunded my money. So I figured, hey, maybe they're not so bad after all.

But then I decided to give it another go, and this time I made sure to cancel my subscription right away. I even reached out to their customer service team again just to confirm that everything was cancelled. And yet, somehow, they still managed to charge me $38. What gives?

At this point, I'm starting to think that all those people who say ResumeCoach is a scam company might be onto something. It's just not cool to charge people for a service they specifically said they didn't want anymore. And honestly, the whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think I'll be using ResumeCoach again anytime soon.

W
9:38 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ResumeCoach Impressive ResumeCoach: Affordable, Effective, and Top-Notch Customer Service

I gotta say, I was pretty impressed with ResumeCoach. I'm not the best at writing resumes, so I figured I'd give their free trial a shot. I was a little hesitant to put in my credit card information, but I figured I could always cancel if I didn't like it.

After playing around with their resume builder for a bit, I decided to upgrade to their premium service. It was only $29.95, and I figured it was worth it to have a professional-looking resume. Plus, they offer a satisfaction guarantee, so I knew I could get my money back if I wasn't happy.

Unfortunately, I ended up needing to cancel my subscription. I was a little worried about how difficult it would be, but their customer service was really helpful. The agent I spoke to was super understanding and explained everything to me. They even gave me a refund without any hassle.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend ResumeCoach to anyone who needs help with their resume. Their free trial is a great way to test out their service, and their premium service is affordable and effective. Plus, their customer service is top-notch.

V
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ResumeCoach ResumeCoach Review: Great Templates and Auto-Filling Feature, Confusing Subscription Policy

ResumeCoach is a great website for creating a professional resume. The templates are amazing with a wide range of styles to choose from. The auto-filling sentence feature is a fantastic tool that helps to design and build a really nice CV. It saves a lot of time and effort, and the end result is always impressive.

However, the subscription policy is a bit confusing. I was not aware that they would charge me automatically once the 14 days of the "not so free" trial expires. It would have been better if they had been more clear about this in their emails. I would have easily given them 1 star for this.

But, the Support Team was really helpful with excellent guidance. They were quick to respond to my queries and helped me to cancel my subscription without any hassle. I appreciate their efforts and would recommend this website to anyone who wants to create a professional resume.

Overall, ResumeCoach is a great platform for creating a resume. The templates are perfect, and the auto-filling sentence feature is a great tool. The only downside is the subscription policy, but the Support Team is always there to help. I would definitely use this website again in the future.

ResumeCoach ResumeCoach Review: Helpful Service, But Beware of Hidden Fees

I recently subscribed to ResumeCoach to help me create a professional resume. At first, I was impressed with the user-friendly interface and the helpful tips provided. However, I was disappointed to find out that after the 14-day trial period, the subscription fee would increase to $29.95 per month. I was not notified of this beforehand and was surprised to see a charge of $30 on my bank statement.

I reached out to ResumeCoach for a refund, but I have yet to receive a response. It's frustrating to feel like I was tricked into paying more than I expected. I wish they had been more transparent about the pricing and had sent a reminder email before charging me.

If you decide to use ResumeCoach, make sure to unsubscribe as soon as you finish creating your resume. Don't make the same mistake I did and get charged more than you expected. Overall, I think the service is helpful, but the lack of transparency with pricing is a major downside.

F

ResumeCoach Disappointing Experience with ResumeCoach: Not Worth the Hassle

I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed with my experience on ResumeCoach. I tried to make a resume draft, but then I couldn't find it again no matter how hard I tried. I even reached out to their customer service and tech department, but they just told me that I 'should be' able to see it. Well, I couldn't. So I decided to unsubscribe.

But then, a month later, I got a notification from my credit card company saying that ResumeCoach was trying to charge me $29 to keep using their services. What the heck? I emailed them about it, but all I got was the run around. It was super frustrating.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend ResumeCoach to anyone. If you're looking for a place to build your resume, find somewhere else. This place just isn't worth the hassle.

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ResumeCoach Disappointing Experience with ResumeCoach: Poor Customer Service and Limited Customization Options

and their customer service is terrible. I had to call them multiple times just to get a response. When I finally did get through, the representative was rude and unhelpful.

The resume templates are also very basic and not very customizable. I was expecting more options and flexibility, but was disappointed with what was offered.

Overall, I would not recommend ResumeCoach. Their business practices are shady and their customer service is lacking. There are better options out there for resume building.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ResumeCoach Unacceptable and Unfair: My Experience with ResumeCoach's Billing Practices

I recently tried out ResumeCoach to create a few resumes and was initially pleased with the service. It was easy to use and I was able to complete my resumes in just a few hours. I paid the reasonable fee of USD 0.95 on November 7th, 2019 and thought that was the end of it.

However, I was shocked to discover that I had been charged USD 29.95 today, which is completely unacceptable and unfair. I haven't used the site since that first day, so I don't understand why I was charged again.

I trusted ResumeCoach with my personal information and it's disappointing to see that they would use my card in such an unacceptable manner. As a 20-year-old college student, this extra charge of USD 29.95 is a significant amount for me.

Overall, I cannot recommend ResumeCoach due to this experience. It's important for companies to be transparent and fair with their pricing, and this situation has left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope that ResumeCoach can address this issue and improve their service for future users.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ResumeCoach ResumeCoach Review: Limited Customization, Sneaky Subscription Model, and Lackluster Templates

I recently tried out ResumeCoach to help me with my job search. At first, I was impressed with the variety of templates they offered. However, I quickly realized that the templates were very limited in terms of customization. I couldn't change the order of sections or even adjust the spacing between lines. This made it difficult to create a resume that truly reflected my skills and experience.

To make matters worse, the subscription model they use is very sneaky. They offer a 2-week trial for only $1.95, but if you don't cancel before the trial period is up, they automatically renew your subscription for 4 weeks at a whopping $30! I was shocked when I saw this in the fine print, and I felt like I had been tricked into paying more than I wanted to.

Even if you do decide to pay for the subscription, the resume templates are just not worth it. They are very basic and don't offer any unique features or designs. Plus, if your resume ends up being longer than one page, you're out of luck because the templates don't allow for any adjustments.

To top it all off, if you do cancel your subscription, you won't even be able to access the resume you created during your trial period. This seems like a very unfair practice, and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Overall, I would not recommend ResumeCoach to anyone looking for a quality resume builder. The limited customization options, sneaky subscription model, and lackluster templates make it a waste of time and money.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ResumeCoach Beware of ResumeCoach's Hidden Fees and Auto-Renewal Policy: A Scam Review

I recently used ResumeCoach to download my CV and was initially pleased with the low price of only 0,95$. However, I was disappointed to find out that they did not provide any information about the account auto-renewing every 4 weeks. To my surprise, my bank account was charged 29,95$ one day and I was shocked. When I contacted customer service, they informed me that they had sent me an email about the renewal, but I had not noticed it.

I was frustrated and angry about this experience. Why didn't they provide full information on their website before I paid for the service? It seems like they were not being honest with their customers. I complained and requested a refund, but I am not sure if I will get my money back.

Overall, I would not recommend using ResumeCoach if you do not want to be scammed. It was a bad experience for me and I do not want others to go through the same thing. It is important for companies to be transparent and upfront about their policies and fees, and ResumeCoach failed to do so.

Read full review of ResumeCoach and 3 comments