Remit2Indiasecure information misuse

E

Hi,
I have an account with remit2india for about a year. I have made 2 transactions since I opened the account, the latest a week back. two days after the transaction, My account was blocked. No response to an email I sent to customer service. On calling them, They say, I am supposed to provide a scanned copy of my social security no!! No -where on their website or email do they give in writing about this, and what use is my ss.no, to those in India?? They gave me no clear answers in the 30 mins talk I did, and just said it was required?
I said how can I trust them, when ever week I get random calls on my cell no, from the guys at remit to india promoting some offer, and when I asked them on one such call, why did they not email me about their offers, they said : emails cannot be trusted!! in fact he even went ahead to give me the password of my email account!!! I immediately got the settings changed! and THEY NOW WANT TO TRUST ME WITH OTHER SECURE INFORMATION. DO THEY THINK THEY WE ARE DUMB!!

• As
    asdfg1234 Apr 02, 2014

I have the same experience I need to remove my personal info and they are not agreeing. Can we get legal help? any suggestion

Madhug Dec 13, 2010

I agree with you 100%. The same thing happened to me. They take your SSN, they ask for your salary and position. How is your salary and designation related to money transfer. They threatened to stop my transaction if information is not provided. These guys are CHEATS. Since I did not do the online confirmation (they credit cents to back and I'm supposed to say how many cents it is on their site), they locked my account. Now I can't even edit my profile (meaning they will not delete my SSN and other details). They say they are following RBI guidelines but when I requested for those guidelines they said that it is internal policy to not share it.

chand Apr 14, 2009

They are ambigious and unclear on they dealings