Regency Beauty Institutedo not go to this school

C

My daughter is going to school at Regency in South Bend Indiana. We thought this school was wonderful they SEEMED very eager and helpful to help out my daughter. But when she started going there ONLY one teacher there is helpful to the students .The other teachers have their favorites and when the walk-ins come in they get them they are not evenly distribute towards ALL the students now $10, 000.00 later she still need to be there because she doesn’t have all her marks BUT the students that are the favorite floor manager (who gives the students the walk-ins) get to graduate ON TIME funny how that works so she is so close to graduating and now $260. A week to be there longer is just crazy the educators need to know without your students you have no job there. I will never recommend anyone to go here in South Bend Regency

• Na
    Naturebeckles Jun 03, 2011

Trolls like stealth should just be ignored.

• Do
    dontdoit2011 Mar 08, 2011

anyone who is arguing here, is childish. this is about REGENCY.
    not a few bored losers who have nothing better to do but argue with each other.

anyways.
    REGENCY BEAUTY INSTITUTE IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVVVVVVVVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!
    I went to school there and I did graduate, so I know first hand how rotten of a place it really is.

There is no consistency, most (not all) of the instructors are ignorant, cannot cut or color hair, and/or cannot read.
    IT IS A JOKE!
    they pack the classrooms as full as they can to make as much money as they can but fail to teach any sort of use full skills to students because there are just too many students in the classrooms!
    it is impossible to learn when you are all right on top of each other.
    There are MOST definitely situations where they play favorites.
    it's truly disgusting.
    I am a pretty girl, and I was picked on by the assistant manager constantly.
    I was sent home like once a week. Because the rules always are changing! (what a coincidence!)
    i would wear things that all the students would wear, and when i was sent home for it I would ask, "well why isn't so and so being sent home too?"
    the response was, "well i haven't seen her out of dress code but i caught you"
    I could tell personal stories for days. It really doesn't matter because if you talk to anyone who has went there, they will tell you the same stories I am telling you.
    This school is disgusting!
    STAY AWAY!!!
    you are better off going elsewhere! ANYWHERE but Regency!
    PLEASE, if you are enthused about the industry I beg you to listen to me!
    REGENCY IS A SCAM!

jaytay22 Jan 14, 2011

Wow. Mature discussions here. Thank you for the review, it was very helpful. I didn't do my research before starting. A week into it I have withdrawn and the bill is $2300. They were very sweet and helpful during the enrollment process, but the minute you clock in for that first hour, it all changes!

Abalone Dec 30, 2010

Hi D'or P, You couldn' t find the link because I haven't posted it yet.
    I just thanked you for inviting me to join your associates, that I'll do when my computers will get cleaned.
    Thanks for your best wishes.
    And a Happy New Year to you and your family, as well!

• D'or P Dec 30, 2010

Lol...^^^that was kind of funny.

• D'or P Dec 30, 2010

Hey Abalone, I couldn't find it. If you could post the link please. P.S. Happy New Years to you and your family !!!

• D'or P Dec 30, 2010

Hello Abalone, thank you for accepting my request. I did the same, thank you again. I'm going to try that now...lol I can't wait. Also, to Linenandlace I completely agree. You said everything that I was trying to say minus the bull...thank you. I am a mother myself and I could never, not help my child. I gave birth to that I refuse to let her go any which way b/c she couldn't find support from her own mother. My mother helps me when I need it and I thank GOD for her everyday !!!

Abalone Dec 27, 2010

LOLS!

Abalone Dec 27, 2010

Hi, D' or P, if you search on the web " quatloos bmielke" you'll be able to read your conversation with stealth pilot BACKWARDS !

It is funny.

Abalone Dec 16, 2010

And Thank You D or P for inviting me to join your Associates.
    I shall, in due time.
    Wishing you and your family the very best.

Abalone Dec 16, 2010

You are welcome, Dor P!

Just scornfully swat that malevolent green fly whose * husband * on Quatloos forums, bmielke(the lawnmower ruler), cathulhu(in rattlesnakes boots) are comfortably scoffing at us.

Aliases obviously ignored by the Quatloos gens

• Li
    Linenandlace Dec 13, 2010

Stealth, I get what your saying...some parents do WAY too much for their grown children, but there are times when it is ok to help a grown child out of your volition and compassion. Put it this way, I left at 18 and paid my own way through school. I never asked for a dime, so when I was stuck in a situation where my husband was beating me, I felt that asking for my parent's help to leave him wouldn't be much. They told me to "suck it up". Stealth, I hope you are not this sort of parent. There is teaching a child independance, and then there is simple cold-heartedness. To the op, I see a valid reason for wanting to know what is going on with YOUR money if you paid for it!!! And as far as Regency goes, I go there to get my hair and nails done and it is obvious to me, a regular customer, that some students are getting more clients than others and it seems very obvious whom the favorite students are. It's really a shame.

• D'or P Dec 13, 2010

Oh gosh, , , is she STILL arguing with someone ?!? Wow, some women really don't have a life !!! I think her screen name should be "doesn't play nice"...with others of course !!! Stop scouring community sights exchanging words with ppl and get a life. You did say all your girls were grown, it's about time you grow up with them !!!

• D'or P Dec 13, 2010

To Abalone...Thank you !!!

Abalone Nov 18, 2010

But Already Did and I say BRAVO!!!

Abalone Nov 18, 2010

To D'or P
    Just scornfully swat that malevolent green fly.
    That often invites”[censor]ers” to “sniff the poop saved in its crack”
    Nauseating.

• D'or P Oct 15, 2010

Good for you, glad you had something to prove so bad that you just put your whole life on a blog site...neeeeeeeeextt !!! Nice meeting you though, you've really entertained me.

• D'or P Oct 15, 2010

Hahahaha I finally got the old ### to crack, thank you for calling me Barbie. Actually no, I am not 18 and I was not a 14 or 15-year-old mother. My mother raised me better than that, I was 18 when my child was born and married thank you very much. You have to be the dumbest old bat I have ever met, you are close-minded and ignorant as ###. Grow up and knock the dust off your heart you lonely ###. Right, so point proven you had no reason to attack that woman, you should have minded your own ###ing business. Maybe if you had someone to occupy your time like a husband, boyfriend, lesbian love (your hard ###) or maybe one of those independent strong daughters of your you wouldn't be on here scouring boards to argue with young stallions like myself, Don’t get me wrong i love senior citizens but someone needs to pull the plug on your lifeline ###. Furthermore, you have not seen my mother I have great genes so I will get wiser and age gracefully thank you !!!

• D'or P Oct 13, 2010

Not that I owe you an explanation but hey here goes: I was responding firstly, because I was defending her and secondly because I myself attended RBI. You could end the conversation just the same but fortunately for you I don't have compassion for ### like yourself so you ### off, you old bat !!! So my question is why did you respond since your kids are so "grown" and you don't, haven't and never will attend RBI ??? Looks like the insensitive, uncompassionate "mommy" you refer to is insecure and dumb as hell to keep preaching how "grown" her children are on a discussion board that has no bearing to you are your children...have something to prove ??? Lol, I love people that talk themselves in circles.

• D'or P Oct 13, 2010

Get a freaking life. Leave my child out of this, she's only three thank you very much. You need more than compassion hunny, I'd hate to see who shows up when you kick the bucket !!!

• D'or P Oct 11, 2010

Your right, I feel sorry for you. You are a heartless old hag, uhhhh. Someone get this woman some compassion please !!!

• D'or P Oct 11, 2010

Stealth your way of thinking is bullcrap. No one said anything about running to mommy every time you break a nail either. I also never mentioned anything about their privacy policy. so your way off, maybe you should re-read my comment before you start throwing your bullCRAP opinion around again !!! You just proved my point, I feel sorry for your children.

• D'or P Oct 08, 2010

Stealth that is bullcrap, mothers are supposed to have their children's backs no matter what !!! Every child in the world whether "grown" or not ask their parents for something at one point or another after they reach adulthood !!! So what Cbice is doing what any respectable human being let alone mother would do for their child !!! That is the problem with society, everybody is expected to do for themselves selfishly and think of no one else even their own child in the process. Good job Cbice, I commend you. You sound like a great mom, my mother would do the same for me and I have a child of my own. Now back to the subject at hand, I attended Regency Beauty here in Missouri. (If you want details read my post) They pretty much are all set up the same way including the high turn over rate, bad teachers, horrible corporate personnel, the works !!! I have had to transfer to another school now but even after completion I still will have to pay RBI before I can become licensed in the state of Missouri. I wish I would have done my research because they have all kind of complaints swirling the internet. I let the wooden floors and European hair bowls draw me in...lol Sometimes name brands aren't what they are cracked up to be, Regency cares about no one but themselves !!! I think a class action lawsuit is in order !!!

• Cb
    cbice Sep 07, 2010

Well Stealth who is the one who has to come up with the extra $10, 000 in less then a week MOMMY so MOMMY has a right to find out ALL information when it comes to the school not very many 18 year old daughters has $10, 000 to come up with in a week ($260. here 1200. there all with in 2 days) it is the schools job to inform the students to bust there butt to get it done before they have to graduate (2 months would be good but they dont ) and beth that is very true about how they set up the floor they are very unfair when it comes to that if your a young kid DONT go to that school unless you have more then enough money towards the end to pay the cash other then the student loan you have if you have a high drop out rate at the end of them graduating then there is a big problem

• Be
    beth beautyholic Sep 03, 2010

All of the regencys do it differently. There seem to be no set rules. My Colorado campus has a computer system which is SUPPOSED to determine who gets the next walk in but other students are in charge of making appointments. They have a really good scam going on.