RecordsFinder.com Logo

RecordsFinder.com

Having problems with RecordsFinder.com?

227 Lewis Wharf
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

records and info about people

This is the biggest ripoff. I can find more in a google search than I could find on here. I did a VIN search and all it found was the specs on the car, did a driver record search on myself and it came back with nothing. What a waste of time and money. It says they do background checks, drivers license search, death notices etc, and when they don't come back with anything they try to get you to pay more money. This is such a scam.

traffic accidents

Site offered to find information, displayed it the wouldn't allow access until a $2.95 charge was paid for 5 days of full access. After the fee was paid, allowing full access to the information disappeared. When I called customer service to fix the problem they claimed that the info I saw on the screen wasn't yet available unless I wanted to upgrade for another $19.95. I saw the info I needed but the "hook" was the first fee and the rest was a complete scam. Plus I had to cancel before the 5 days were up or they would start billing me an additional $24.95 every month thereafter.

Be aware people, you'll pay $2.95 for nothing no matter what!!!

• Do
    Douglas Webster Jun 30, 2017

I tried this service for a few days and was totally unimpressed.
    I searched a total of 7 different license plates for information on the owners...two of them vehicles that belong to me and my wife.
    Hers was accurate. Mine listed only the vehicle and VIN although it has been registered in my name in my state for over five years.

Of the other five searches:
    One indicated the vehicle, registered in my state, belonged to someone in VA who has been dead for 2.5 years.
    Two others had no information on name or address of the owners
    And the final one listed an ownership that was very likely NOT correct and the listed address of that owner was not correct...close, but probably an input error.

These sites largely rely on information that is NOT current state databases of vehicle registrations and ownerships. I don't know where they get it from, but based on my limited experience it is so lacking in accurate information that you should save your money.
    And as noted, if you DO try their trial offer (in my case 5 days) be SURE and cancel it. Otherwise they will start billing you $25 a month and from others' experience, it can be hard to get them to stop.

• Sd
    S. Dodson Jul 25, 2017

Stan and Douglas, the same thing happened to me. Please see http://www.accucomcorp.com/contact.html. This is the site for the parent company of RecordsFinder. I just submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and you should too. It seems that many complaints have been filed: https://www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/information-bureaus/accucom-corporation-in-boston-ma-111697.

• Tr
    Trmartello Oct 22, 2018

I paid the 3.98 to look up a license plate from an accident a friend was in. The lady had given a bogus name and phone number. All we had was her license plate. I looked up the plate and didnt get any information. I was asked to pay 19.98 for the information. I declined. 7 days later I find a charge for 19.98 in my bank account from records finder. I never agreed to upgrade. I contacted records finder and was informed I would be cancelled for the following month but wouldn't be refunded. I would have there service for 1 month. I decided to look up some records and wasnt able to login. No such account. So I paid 25.00 for nothing. What a scam. I emailed them and they will either refund my money or give me the month of searches. I will be contacting my bank and filing a dispute. Beware. It's a scam.

RecordsFinder is a total rip off!

RecordsFinder.net - www.recordsfinder.net

I signed up for the use of this company and it is a fraud. You can find any of the information on your own. They say that you can get a refund but there is no link to go to and complain and there is no way to get a refund. I would not recommend this company. There was so much information that I could NOT find. I could not find any information even on me and then they took out 2 credits FOR NOTHING. BAD COMPANY!

• St
    Stacy Embanato Sep 01, 2017

Waste of money. No pertinent information was given- nothing I couldn't find just by a google search. I even searched myself through them and the information was totally inaccurate. Had me 25 years older than I am. Said there was no Facebook account associated to my name. I have a very distinct unusual name. No one has my name. A google search of my name gave me more info on me than this company. Total Joke!! Very Fraudulant. I cannot believe they can even claim to be legitimate.

• Mi
    Mike Madnuss Nov 30, 2019

Do not waste your money or time on this site it's a total scam you can find more on a simple google search I'll be reporting them to the bbb... Warning do not give them your credit card number you will be giving then free money with nothing to show in return. Don't do it beware... Waste of money

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices