Menu

C
Author of the complaint
9:51 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I came across this website while searching for one particular property I was slightly interested in. For $1.00, they claimed I could test their service. I did this and looked for the property (which I never found) and totally forgot about it. In preparing my taxes for 2010, I came across the name RealtyStore.com and could not recall what this was.
I called the company number given on my credit card statement and asked. It was for a monthly charge of over $49.00 for their realty service. Please believe me when I say that I had no idea I would incur this charge. When I asked the company if they had emailed me a notice of this upcoming charge, the answer was "no we don't do that". I realize that I am to blame to the extent that I did not peruse my monthly statements carefully. However, I do believe that this is really a scam and that a great portion of the money they get from email customers is done so without the previous knowledge of that customer. I WAS CHARGED FOR 8 MONTHS OF SERVICE FOR A SERVICE I WAS UNAWARE OF AND NEVER USED. What a rip-off!

More Realtystore.com complaints & reviews

Realtystore.com - Illegal charges on credit card
Realtystore.com - Refund
Realtystore.com - realty store
Realtystore.com - unauthorized charges to my credit card
Realtystore.com - Monthly Charges
Realtystore.com - overcharge
2 comments
S
Aug 20, 2014 9:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was billed $49.60 through my checking account per debit card. I don't know how they got the information to do that. I don't have the money to cover that. I am disabled and on a very small income. The money they took was for me to buy some of my medication I need on a monthly basis. How in the world can I get my money back? How can they charge you just for browsing their web page? I don't understand how they were able to get my personal information. I feel violated and scared! Can someone help me to know how to get this resolved. I cannot afford any other charges they may bill me for. PLEASE HELP ME!

R
Dec 26, 2011 10:37 pm EST

The same thing happened to me - my daughter thought she could find useful information on the site and paid $1 to get into the site. The site did not have any information useful to her and she canceled her subscription immediately.
I was charged $49.60 for the next 21 months on my credit card. (My secretary confused the charge with a supply company that we purchase from) They refunded 2 months and I am waiting to hear from customer service on the remaining funds. (They require a written request signed by me)
I will up try to keep this sited updated on the response I receive regarding this request.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

20 complaints